Inle Lake Travel Answers

change location

Best value + fun Hotel

by j_tyszk Online Now Dec 6, 2006 at 5:28 AM

I will be travelling in the Inle Lake area in February 2007 - I will be with my threee teenage children (13 - 17) and would appreciate some advixce on where to stay. I am not looking for western style luxury - more rustic charm and authenticity. thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • kopwint's Profile Photo

RE: Best value + fun Hotel

by kopwint Online Now Dec 10, 2006 at 12:06 AM

Just Inle lake guest house that is we have 2 in there.One is really expensive name (G I )golden Island hotel,That I heard from one's story,when they stay in there place is really nice around are water,and when you are in toilet you can hear dropping sound,:D,at night some say noise by boat passing,
    another is Golding city,they build by wooden hut,nice area and safe at night,That I know in Inle,
    wish happy in Inle lake

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bangdong's Profile Photo

RE: Best value + fun Hotel

by bangdong Online Now Dec 10, 2006 at 2:04 AM

Best place to stay would be in Nyaungshwe. That's where most of the smaller and mid-range guesthouses and hotels are located. If you stay on the lake itself, the hotel choices are limited to large - and expensive - government-run places.

• planxty's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Best value + fun Hotel

by planxty Online Now Feb 5, 2007 at 5:22 PM

For reasons explained in my tip, I haven't really got a specific recommendation, although I would agree Nyaungshwe is the best bet.

I just wanted to post to commend you on taking your children to travel like this. I wish I'd had the opportunity at that age. Nice one.

If yoy need any advice other than guesthouses, please feel free to VT mail me or have a look at my pages. I'll try to help if I can.

fergy.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines