Inishmore

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• what do do in claregalway

Claregalway Apr 10, 2014 at 5:02 AM

Suggestions of what to do on a 4 day visit to claregalway. Staying at Claregalway Hotel but have a car. Places to eat and drink?

more
    • shopping on Inisheer

Inisheer Apr 4, 2014 at 6:58 AM

can you buy aran sweaters on Inisheer

more
    • sparkieplug24's Profile Photo

Galway in a day

Galway Mar 26, 2014 at 1:37 PM

We are on a cruise in May and one of the Ports of Call is Galway. We are there from 8-6 but Im estimating we will be off the ship maybe 10-3 or 10-4 maximum. I have been looking at the tips and hints here and various other sites and there seems so much to see and do. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on what are really must do activities baring in mind we have only 5-6 hours ashore

more
    • B & Bs on inishmore

by jkathman Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Best B&B on Inishmore?

1 Answer Sep 30, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    • Transportation

by lexiweber Online Now Apr 19, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Hi! I will be on the island for a night in May and want to get to Westport in County Mayo. What is the best way to do this? We have such a limited amount of time and really want to see both places, so any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

2 Answers Apr 20, 2013 at 3:08 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Only 3 hrs to visit the island?

by schmechi Online Now Apr 12, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Regarding aranislandferries.com/times_... there are ferries to Inishmore from Ros a'Mhil at 1pm. The last return ferry will be at 5pm. Regarding to my information the sailing time will be 45 minutes...

So do you think, that this short time on the island suffice to get an impression and to visit the major sights by rented bycicle? I realize, that it will probably be a very compendious tour, but unfortunately my time is very limited and I'd like to visit parts of Connemara (I'm thinking about Kylemore Abbey and a quick look at the Twelve Bens) ante meridien...

Or should I even forego the Aran islands and make a more detailed Connemara-tour?

1 Answer Apr 13, 2011 at 7:32 AM
    • Irish Greetings

by aacalhoun Online Now May 16, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Hello,
      I would love to learn a few words in Irish to use in Gaeltacht areas. I have a book on Irish place names and have learned a little from that. And I know how to say Slainte. But I know little else and when I know the word, I worry about correct pronunciaton. Might you tell me a few phrases such as "hello," "please," "thank you" "pardon me" and "where is.." along with some type of pronunciation guide (this is the hard part, I think). Thank you so much.

3 Answers May 26, 2010 at 4:20 PM
    • Trap to visit

by Warnier Online Now May 30, 2008 at 5:16 AM

Can 4 grown up sit in one poney's trap, please, and how far can we let him go ? Antoine

1 Answer Jun 18, 2008 at 9:51 AM
    • wombles's Profile Photo

Horse riding

by wombles Online Now Aug 7, 2007 at 12:19 PM

I keep coming across references to horse riding on the island but am yet to find any info on how to arrange or book anything - anyone with any suggestions?

4 Answers Aug 13, 2007 at 3:02 PM
    • GemTones's Profile Photo

Surfing on Inishmore?

by GemTones Online Now Nov 11, 2006 at 4:35 PM

My niece is getting married on Inishmore in September of '07. I am debating making the trek from California. I know there is quality surf in parts of Ireland and that September is a good month for swells, does anyone know if there are surf spots on the island. It would seal the deal for me.

Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 18, 2007 at 4:14 AM
    • B&B's on Inishmore

by ltamaki Online Now Aug 8, 2005 at 5:49 PM

Planning to visit the island for a night in September. Do i need to book a B&B before I go? If so, any recommendations?

1 Answer Aug 9, 2005 at 7:27 AM
    • celtic_king's Profile Photo

life on the island

by celtic_king Online Now Jan 17, 2005 at 1:43 PM

would inishmore be a nice place to live?

1 Answer Jan 17, 2005 at 3:18 PM
    • aran islands Ireland

by micke Online Now Dec 23, 2004 at 7:46 AM

would like to get the name, email or address of the Band B on innismorhre (big island) that is nearest to dunanegus (sp).

1 Answer Dec 31, 2004 at 7:19 AM
    • How is life on Inishmore?

by Seamus7 Online Now Nov 22, 2004 at 8:54 AM

How is life on Inishmore?

6 Answers Nov 25, 2004 at 6:43 PM