Inishmore Travel Answers

change location
schmechi's Profile Photo

Only 3 hrs to visit the island?

by schmechi Online Now Apr 12, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Regarding aranislandferries.com/times_... there are ferries to Inishmore from Ros a'Mhil at 1pm. The last return ferry will be at 5pm. Regarding to my information the sailing time will be 45 minutes...

So do you think, that this short time on the island suffice to get an impression and to visit the major sights by rented bycicle? I realize, that it will probably be a very compendious tour, but unfortunately my time is very limited and I'd like to visit parts of Connemara (I'm thinking about Kylemore Abbey and a quick look at the Twelve Bens) ante meridien...

Or should I even forego the Aran islands and make a more detailed Connemara-tour?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • annemariebyrne's Profile Photo

Re: Only 3 hrs to visit the island?

by annemariebyrne Online Now Apr 13, 2011 at 7:32 AM

Three hours would be just about sufficient time to get an overall impression of the island and to visit Dun Aengus by bicycle although you won’t have much time to ‘relax’.
    Another possibility for a trip to an atlantic island would be to visit Inishbofin; the departure point at Cleggan is nearer to Kylemore Abbey so you could stay in that general area. It’s also worth paying a visit to the Connemara National Park Visitor Centre at Letterfrack and climbing up Diamond Hill/Mountain.
    connemaranationalpark.ie/vis...

discoverireland.ie/Search-Re...

inishbofinislanddiscovery.co...

http://www.inishbofin.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines