Inishmore Travel Answers

change location
GemTones's Profile Photo

Surfing on Inishmore?

by GemTones Online Now Nov 11, 2006 at 4:35 PM

My niece is getting married on Inishmore in September of '07. I am debating making the trek from California. I know there is quality surf in parts of Ireland and that September is a good month for swells, does anyone know if there are surf spots on the island. It would seal the deal for me.

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • AlisonCoghlan's Profile Photo

RE: Surfing on Inishmore?

by AlisonCoghlan Online Now Nov 14, 2006 at 4:16 AM

Have a look on www.windguru.cz for wave heights at different beaches in Ireland.
    There are numerous great spots for surfing along the coast from county Donegal to county Clare most especially. The most popular ones are Carrownisky Strand, Lahinch, Rosses Point, Rossnowlagh, Spanish point and Strand hill. Rossnowlagh was the location of the world masters surfing championships a couple of years ago. Hope this helps. Alison.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • GemTones's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Surfing on Inishmore?

by GemTones Online Now Jan 14, 2007 at 5:41 PM

Thank you both very much for your help. It's appreciated.

Ed

• matharmor's Profile Photo

Re: Surfing on Inishmore?

by matharmor Online Now Jun 18, 2007 at 4:14 AM

hey, just like that girl said, windguru or surf-forecast.com are the best sited. the swells are big and only light winds so definitely bring some boards..perhaps you should look into buying the footprints european surf guide....stormrider guide is *** as it doesnt have any spots in connemara...only county clare and donegal which are too crowded to bother with

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines