change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kanawa, really a good place to stay?

Kanawa 5 hours ago

Hi!!

I´m planning our trip in komodo area, I see that kanawa it´a beautiful island but lately I´ve seen very poor reviews about resort (bad service, cockroachs, very warm nights in bungalows, bad diving service)...

Any body knows??

more
    • nisa_osalia's Profile Photo

perjalanan menuja raha

Raha Jun 25, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Kalau saya dari Makassar, bagaimana menepuh perjalanan ke Raha?? Apakah ada pesawat terbang?? Berapa kisaran harga hotel terbaik di Raha??

more
    • Travel Buddy

Bali Jul 8, 2014 at 4:29 AM

Hi, I am going to Ubud this week and have a driver organised 13th for full day day tour if anyone is interested in sharing a fun filled off beaten track day in Bali :-)

more
    • Carlos1968's Profile Photo

Surabaya mt bromo tour and surrounding areas.

Java Jul 5, 2014 at 6:35 AM

hi can anyone recommend a good tour company in Surabaya to book trips with.
      Thanks Carlos.

more
    • LiseK5's Profile Photo

Surat jalan

Sorong Jun 26, 2014 at 6:22 PM

if I arrive in a smaller place by Pelni ship,can I get a Surat Jalan ,or does it have to be a big town?

more
    • travel from semarang to yogyakarta

Semarang Yesterday

Dear travelers,

We're coming back from Borneo, landing in Semarang Airport (around 10 - 11 am). We need to get to yogyakarta on the same day.
      What would you reccomend? We're thinking to hire a car... any suggestions?

Thanks, have a great summer!
      Irina

more
    • villa Banyu? Bali

Bali Yesterday

Does any one know this villa?

more
    • rluhan@dodo.com.au

Kuta Jul 16, 2014 at 2:26 AM

could you please tell me of a good tailor who can make dresses in bali . thankyou

more
    • Party Places in Bali

Bali Jul 4, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Reaching Bali on Sat 30th August at 6 in the evening with 2 friends. Staying in Legian for 3 nights

Can anyone help me with best party places over that weekend (saturday & sunday).
      Anything which is must visit for a weekend in that area ??

Thanks
      MMC

more
    • bonbonhart's Profile Photo

Solo traveller-woman to Borobudur

Borobudur Jun 29, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Hi Friends,
      As i m working in Jakarta and my term is almost finished and it was such a short noticed. Then i have to be hurry to visit places in Indonesia. Is it possible or any recommend for woman travel alone to Borobudor. ? Only 2 Days - one night? For the 2D1N trip,I saw the question from nancytansj and the answers, that helps a lot. but my question is focusing on travelling alone. I better go alone as my co-worker that available is a man. !! Thank you.
      Cheers !!!

more
    • Surabaya during Ramadan

Surabaya Jun 29, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Are there any bars (ie colors, penthouse, etc) that are open during Ramadan? Are the restaurants open during lunch?

more
    • dennyandconnie's Profile Photo

bali in january

Ubud Jun 25, 2014 at 5:27 AM

m wife and i are heading to bali for a week (4 days ubud/3 jimbaran). see that it is rainy season and quite hot. does it tend to rain all day or hit and miss showers. also plan to stay with a family instead of hotel in ubud. no AC just fans. would love to have this more authentic visit but can't go 3 days without sleep before our 3 weeks in vietnam and cambodia.

more
    • Other travellers to hang with

Bali Jun 23, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Hi I'm solo female traveller going bali week starting 12th July, got a driver organised 13 or 15th for full day tour haven't planned itinerary yet! Anyone interested in sharing costs and coming along or going be in Bali to hang out for a cold beer :)

more
    • Train from Banyuwangi

Probolinggo Jul 17, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Hello!
      I'm planning to visit Bromo volcano and my plan is catch a train from Banyuwangi at 22.00 that arrives at Probolinggo or Pasuruan at about 3.30h in the morning. Do you know if there are buses or taxis at that time to go to Cemara Lawang or Wonokitri? I think it's good to see the sunrise, but I'm not sure if I can find transportation from the train station to the volcano at that time. Can anyone help me?

Thank you so much!!!

Olga

more
    • Indonesia Elections

Bali Jul 17, 2014 at 6:17 AM

If there any risk to travelers in Bali following announcement of the 2014 presidential elections after July 22?

more
    • Krakatau-Ujung Kulon tour

Carita Jul 10, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Hi! we are 2 people traveling to Indonesia this summer. We would like to do a tour to Krakatau-Ujung Kulon, but the tours that we have found are a bit expensive. Do you know any good company to do the tour and not expensive? Also we would like to know how to get to Carita from Jakarta, and the bus schedule (it's impossible to find it on internet!)

thank you!

more
    • jezzabel's Profile Photo

Munduk to Menjangan Island

Bali Jul 5, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Hi all,

Do you think a day trip from Munduk to Menjangan is doable in one day? I read snorkeling there is best in the early morning (9 am?), and that the boat trip from Labuhan Lalang takes some 40 min to add to the driving time from Munduk. But I honestly have no idea how long it'd take to get to Labuhan Lalang from Munduk. Our accommodation is already booked in Munduk and we cannot change it for, say, Permuteran or Lovina.

Second, can you recommend any organised snorkeling trip in particular (that includes the boat to Menjangan ofc)? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea of snorkeling unattended as I hear currents in Bali can be quite strong.

Thank you very much!

more
    • going to bali 29 July

Bali Jul 3, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Hi there

I will travel to bali in 29 July for one week or more
      Which area is the best . I like crowded life
      Also, suggestions for tour in bali... I'm coming alone

more
    • Getting around

Makassar Jun 29, 2014 at 12:32 AM

How to get to Makassar from Manado, without taking any domestic flights or any expensive boat/ferries?

more
    • phuket holiday for 40 persons in September 10-12, 2014

Jakarta Jun 25, 2014 at 3:20 AM

hi anyone, please inform if u know the Phuket's tour guide which are available or possible to guide 40 persons in September 10-12, 2014.

Thanks guys.

more
    • the prices in Batam

Riau Province Jul 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Hi! I am from a European country. My friend now lives in Palembang (South Sumatra). We plan to live in Batam for a few month. My friend got information about prices in Batam. I was shocked. I think that my friend got wrong information. Could you tell me, is it true?
      He found a dorm for us. There is one room for us and a bath and a kitchen for a few rooms. The price is 2.000.000 rupiah for the room + 500.000 rupiah for security + electricity. The total price is around 3.000.000 rupiah for the room per month! The dorm is located in Plamo Garden, Block B (south of batam Centre Area). Could you tell me, is it normal price for Batam?
      We will visit almost every day Sekolah Tinggi Teknik Ibnu Sina which is located in Nagoya Area. We will use city transport (bus). He told that one ticket costs 10.000 rupiah. We have to use two buses to come from Plamo Garden to STT Ibnu Sina. One person will spend 40.000 rupiah per day. So, one person will pay 1.000.000 rupiah per month for transportation. Is it true that we have to use two buses? Is it true that the price of one ticket in the bus is 10.000 rupiah? Could you tell me the shortest and cheapest way?
      He said that he has to get Batam citizenship card (identity card). The price of the card is 1.000.000 rupiah. Why so expensive? I could get the card for free in my country.
      Thank you!

more
    • Balinese Healers

Bali Jul 2, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Read about Healers in alot of tourist information. Any comments or recommendations?
      Thankyou

more
    • Travel between munduk and java

Munduk Jul 2, 2014 at 4:48 AM

Hello, I am trying to work out the best way to travel from munduk to Yogyakarta can anyone offer any advice? Thanks.

more
    • Jakarta to Wonosob

Wonosobo Jun 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM

How long (days) does it take from Jakarta to Wonosob by bus pls? How much will it be (in USD) pls?

more
    • crowned_goddess's Profile Photo

Diving spots and beautiful beaches

Medan Jul 3, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Are there beautiful beaches and diving spots in Medan or somewhere in North Sumatra?

more
    • Other travellers to hang with

Bali Jun 23, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Hi I'm solo female traveller going bali week starting 12th July, got a driver organised 13 or 15th for full day tour haven't planned itinerary yet! Anyone interested in sharing costs and coming along or going be in Bali to hang out for a cold beer :)

2 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 10:49 AM
    • linchong311's Profile Photo

Follow Tour Guide or Explore by ourselves?

Jakarta Jun 22, 2014 at 7:49 AM

I' ll be travelling to Jakarta on Sept 2014. I'm thinking whether we should find a local tour guide or explore by ourselves. May I know whether the attractions or interesting places are all located at central Jakarta? Is there convenient to walk around or may be take the public transport? If we want to travel far from the central, how do we find the relevant transport?

10 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 9:00 PM
    • myortodoks's Profile Photo

Batam - Pulau Lingga

Pulau Lingga Jun 20, 2014 at 1:38 AM

I would like to go to Pulau Lingga and would like to stay there. Would appreciate if you can advise me the best itineray during my stay. I will fly to Batam on 21 - 24 Sep 2014. My plan i will stay 1 night at Nagoya, 1 night at Nongsa and 1 N at Pulau Lingga.

1 Answer Jun 20, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    • hangout in Bali

Bali Jun 19, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Who's going to Bali 21 June. im looking for people to do things together. and i can offer a free hotel room in Kuta fo 5 nights.
      anyone interested? just reply ;)

• Transportation from Probolinggo to Malang Airport

Probolinggo Jun 19, 2014 at 12:05 AM

I would like to find out about public transportation from Probolinggo to Malang. I want to leave from Probolinggo in the morning and make it in time for my 14:25 flight at Malang Airport.

5 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 7:23 PM
    • Clifee's Profile Photo

Cheapest way to reach Gilli islands from Bali.

Bali Jun 17, 2014 at 7:20 AM

i have checked gillibooking,com bt is there any alternate cheap way to reach Gilli??

2)We are travelling bali,just to party,nd see some good waves.Unfortunately we booked in the month of ramadaan july 12-19. Is there any ramadaan effect on nightlife in bali and gilli,,Please advise :) :)

4 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 10:40 PM
    • reliable diving company

Indonesia Jun 17, 2014 at 4:06 AM

hi all! Anyone knows the most reliable company to diving in Komodo? (I´ll stay in Kanawa)

3 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 5:47 AM
    • lisalimrocks's Profile Photo

What time can I get out of airport?

Bali Jun 14, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Hi,

I will be going to Bali at end of June and my flight would reach Bali airport at 0820 pm. How long does it take for me to get out of aiport? I think there would be a lot of flight arriving in Bali around that period too so will I be stuck in the aiport for two hours or more. Should I use the fast track VIP service?

4 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Anyone going bali from 20 June

Bali Jun 14, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Hi, anyone here who would be in Bali from 20 June, want to meetup for dinner or do some trip together. Please reply.

10 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 4:33 AM
    • Reliable Travel Agency

Bali Jun 12, 2014 at 7:30 AM

Im planing to send my parents and my family elders to Bali for a 5 day trip. Age is about 60 years average. Can someone suggest a good travel agency (in Bali) that can offer me a decent package for these oldies. Its more of a rejuvenation trip for them.

8 Answers Jun 15, 2014 at 3:25 AM
    • Maite01's Profile Photo

Wae Rebo, Flores, Indonesia

Ruteng Jun 10, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Hi! My name is Maite and I'm from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. My boyfriend and I are travelling through Indonesia this summer. We plan to cross Flores from east to west, and we'd really like to visit Wae Rebo as well. So I was wondering if one of you has any experiences going from Ruteng to Wae Rebo (Denge)? And after that, further to Labuan Bajo? Is it nesscary to hire a driver or is it possible to get there by public transport? Hope to hear from you! Maite

10 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 12:42 PM
    • travel from jakarta to indramayu

Indramayu Jun 9, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Hi - How to travel from Jakarta airport to indramayu. which is the fastest means of transport and how to get to it?

3 Answers Jun 13, 2014 at 9:54 PM
    • BALI LUXURY TRIP BUDGET

Bali Jun 8, 2014 at 10:10 AM

what is the budget for a luxurious trip to BALI per day excluding accommodation?
      We are specifically talking about:
      -FOOD and Drink: eating out everyday in good/fancy well reputed restaurants
      -TRANSPORTATION: taxi cost driving around for site seeing (the longest we could take let us say from ubud all the way to Titra Empul and then to Pura Besakih and back)
      -NIGHTLIFE: lots of clubbing and pubbing?

3 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Recommendation tour guide for female solo traveller

Bali Jun 8, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Hi,

Here is a list of all the driver that I know of, which one is better tour guide and is safe for solo female traveller.
      1) Gede Parto- partobalidriver.blogspot.sg/...
      2) Agus Bali Tour- http://www.agusbali.com/feedback.html
      3) Panji Safest Driver- http://www.balisafestdriver.com/tours/
      4) Bali Bagus tour- balibagustour.com/contact.ht...
      5) Abadi Agus & Team Private Tours-Bali bestway
      6) Dewa Alit - Private Tours
      7) Gede Suyasa-Denpasar
      8) Kadek- which has this telephone number+62 817552841
      9) Nyoman Grago & Ketut Mawa- http://balitraditionaltours.com/
      I am quite a poor holiday planner if any one above can suggest places will be even better. Any solo traveller have used any of them before can give feedback. Thanks.

1 Answer Jun 8, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Know more about Bali International Aiport

Bali Jun 8, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Hi,

My flight is scheduled to reach Bali around 2050 hrs. I wished to know if I am able to purchase data sim card and exchange money at the airport at this time. Does the airport have shops that sell Telkomsel simpati prepaid card. If I want to use it for 5 days and have 500MB data, how much would I be paying and how to activate? Can anyone provide a layout map of the aiport. Thanks.

3 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Is it possible to go Bedugul in half day

Bali Jun 7, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Is it possible to go Bedugul in half day from Semiyak and come back around 5pm?

2 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 7:59 AM
    • Tour Guide

Bali Jun 4, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Can someone recommend me a reliable tour guide as I will be going to Bali/Indonesia next month with my family of 5 adult persons will be needing a van for 3 days. Email me: vinitkumar.doshi@gmail.com

2 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 8:54 PM
    • Finding travel agents in Yogya

Yogyakarta Jun 3, 2014 at 6:39 AM

I am trying to find the name of the travel agents next to the Bintang Bar Jl Sosrowijayan 54.
      Any ideas?

1 Answer Jun 16, 2014 at 5:14 AM
    • Honeymoon In Bali for a non sun lover?

Bali Jun 3, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Yes I know most people go to Bali for the beautiful beaches, which obviously mean lots of time in the sun. Me and my fiance are currently looking at Honeymoons in September and considering Bali, but my fiance has very pale skin and will probably burn within 5-10 minutes. So any prolonged periods in the sun are not advised.

However she also loves Orangutans and I think would love the culture, food and other wild life. We're looking for a place which is quiet, relaxing with opportunities for water sports, wildlife and cultural stuff nearby. I suspect any time we spend on the beach will be in the evenings when the suns gone down.

Can anyone recommend a particular area and/or hotel which might suit our needs? and where's best to see Orangutans? And is there enough non-beach related activities to keep us occupied for 10 days? Baring in mind we're planning on a relaxed pace.

4 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM
    • shunka's Profile Photo

bali safety? terrorism threats?

Bali Jun 3, 2014 at 3:37 AM

i am a female university student on holidays from june 9 for a week or so traveling with 5 other girls... it is my first time in bali and i would love to know any safety tips you have as well as what your thoughts are on the recent update on smarttraveller.com regarding the terrorist threats. should i still go although possible terrorist threats may be towards areas where western tourists might be?

i would greatly appreciate any input anyone has on this as i am currently reconsidering my travel plans...

2 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 4:26 AM
    • cost of driver; connection to Yogya/Borobodur

Bandung Jun 2, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Hi VTers,
      Could you help me with these:
      (a) how much is it to hire a driver for a day - to go to Lembang area for the volcano and hotsprings? Actually, we will be spending a night at one of the resorts in Lembang but I expect we still need to hire a car for the trip there? Please advise.
      (b) I plan to go from Bandung to Yogya to re-visit Borobodur (it's been about 20 years since my first and last visit there). Could you advise about transport (train - time, how to get ticket, fare... or other means)? Also, any places I should see in between or around there as well?

Thanks so much... I have again been too busy with work to really read up much.

Best regards

Sally

7 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 8:27 AM
    • Tips on the Nusa Dua area

Bali Jun 2, 2014 at 10:54 AM

My wife and I are going to Nusa Dua in October. I wonder what the tides are going to be like? I would also appreciate any information on good restaurants. We are staying at the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel.

1 Answer Jun 22, 2014 at 8:54 PM
    • Getting to Karimunjawa?

Karimunjawa Jun 1, 2014 at 8:53 PM

We intend catching the train from Bandung to Semerang.Is there a ferry to Karimunjawa from Semerang on Mondays;or will we need to catch a shuttle to Jepara?Sincere thanks for any help.

2 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 3:16 AM
    • AlohaLinda's Profile Photo

Coconut flooring

Bali Jun 1, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Aloha, Has anyone ever shipped a container of goods from Bali to Hawaii? Specifically I'm looking for Coconut wood flooring and will add a few pieces furniture. Any leads in distributors for flooring? Mahalo in advance!

5 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • dsdanti's Profile Photo

First time visit to Yogiakarta

Yogyakarta Jun 1, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Hello. I am planning a first time visit to Java this year in September.
      My current plan is:
      25/9 - arriving at Yogiakarta at 12h30, get taxi to go to Candi Sukuh, stay in Solo
      26/9 - visit Solo and return to Yogi, sleep at Manohara in Borobudur
      27/9 - Borobudur temples and surroundings, sleep in Prambanam
      28/9 - Prambanam temples and surroundings, sleep in Yogi
      29/9 - visit Yogiakarta
      30/9 - departure
      I would appreciate your comments and advising. Does it make sense to hire car and driver for added mobility or is it better to use a becak?

6 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 4:00 AM
    • reublim's Profile Photo

Semarang-Ambarawa-Dieng Plateau-Solo-Jogja

Semarang Jun 1, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Hi,

I will be flying into Semarang with a friend on 22 Aug and need to arrive in Jogja by 30 Aug to meet up with other friends to continue travelling in Jogja and beyond. So far I'm looking at this itinerary:
      Day 1 (Semarang)
      Day 2 (Semarang)
      Day 3 (Semarang, Ambarawa)
      Day 4 (Ambarawa, Dieng Plateau)
      Day 5 (Dieng Plateau, Solo)
      Day 6 (Solo)
      Day 7 (Solo)
      Day 8 (Solo)
      Day 9 (Merapi tour)

Is this a good route, or are there any suggestions how to better connect these places together?
      Also, how to travel from place to place would be helpful too. Any recommendations for guides with contacts can be sent as private messages.

4 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    • airport in south east sulawesi

Indonesia May 31, 2014 at 1:04 PM

hey
      i just wanted to know if there was a airport near or in South East Sulawesi, because im considering to travel there the Next month with my mother.?
      but she cannot handle a long trip (more that 10 hours because she is ill)

2 Answers May 31, 2014 at 9:54 PM
    • is there an aiport in or near south east Sulawesi?

South-East Sulawesi Province May 31, 2014 at 1:01 PM

i want to visit South East Sulawesi and i was just wondering...
      is there an airport in this province?
      because everytime i try to find a way to this place, there is no airport there on the map..
      and it says that driving from Makassar to South East Sulawesi takes 13 hours.. i can't take that beside the flight trip on 13 hours because my mom is sick and cannot handle such a long trip

1 Answer May 31, 2014 at 2:59 PM
    • Honeymoon - Places to Stay?

Bali May 29, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Hi Everyone!!

My fiance and I are wanting to have a honeymoon in Bali in September its not until 2015 but are wanting to get ideas of places to stay so that we can do some research.

I think we are pretty set on staying at the Four Seaons Resort Sayan in Ubub and will stay there for 4-5 nights - does anyone have any advice or have stayed there before?

We then are looking for a place to stay for 4-5 nights preferably would love to have a villa with our own pool but not sure of location whether it is Seminyak or Jimbaran Bay or somewhere else? I have only been to Bali once before and stayed in Legian the area was nice but not something for a honeymoon. What can people suggest and if they know of a place we can stay.

As the Four Seaons is quite pricey we would be looking at spending no more than $500 (Australian Dollars) per night for our second place in Bali. We are then going to go somewhere else after this whether it be in Asia or South Pacific Islands.

6 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 2:40 AM
    • verlindhk's Profile Photo

first time to Bali

Bali May 28, 2014 at 10:31 PM

I am travelling solo to Bali on 12th June for a couple of nights. I am in my late 30's and ideally looking to stay at a hip and luxury beachfront resort that caters to a similar aged crowd. Any Suggestions on resorts and area? It would be great if there was a bit of nightlife and bars around. Also must see's and do's within this short time. It will be my first trip to and i would greatly appreciate your recommendations.

3 Answers May 29, 2014 at 2:13 AM