Indonesia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hospital facilities in Sorong

Sorong Mar 2, 2015 at 1:32 PM

What is the name of the Hospital in Sorong and please describe its facilities/standards

more
    • snowflakekean's Profile Photo

Travelling to Jemaja with a baby

Indonesia Mar 2, 2015 at 7:34 PM

I'm planning to meet my parents in Pulua Jemaja, Letong Kampong on or around the 25th March for about 5/6 days. I'm based in Singapore.

The problem is that I'm travelling with my 10 month old baby. Although she is a good traveller, I don't fancy my chances at keeping her happy and content for what seems would be a whole day of travelling on VERY long ferry trips.

So very simply I would like to know if there is a quicker (doesn't matter if it's more expensive) way to get there. I did wonder about driving up to Mersing and getting a ferry from there, or even flying up to Kuantan and getting a ferry from there but I don't know how regular (or if at all) ferries go from either of these places.

If anyone has any tips I'd love to hear them!

Thanks,
      Rachel

more
    • dancinbudgie's Profile Photo

Personal Trainer in Ubud?

Ubud Mar 21, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Hi all,
      I am entered into the Las Vegas WBFF in August. I am going to be in Ubud during the 3 months leading up to the comp. Can anyone recommend a PT that would be able to work with me?
      Thanks

more
    • Yogyakarta-Bromo-Ijen-Bali trip

Indonesia Mar 5, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Hi! I am travelling to yogyakarta in the end of march with my family and we are trying to plan the whole jogja-bromo-ijen-bali trip. There are 7 of us, so I am guessing it is better to travel by road rather than train. I am not sure if flight is a better option as compared to the long road journey between jogja and bromo. Any suggestions?

Also, could any of you please suggest a good travel agency who can arrange a car and guide for us for the whole trip from jogja to ijen? What would be the approximate cost for this 5D4N trip covering prambanan, borobudur, bromo and ijen including accommodation and travel? Could you please share contact details of reliable and reasonable travel agencies from jogja if you have them.

Thanks.

more
    • liana23's Profile Photo

How to find most budget transfer to Derawan Island..?

Pulau Derawan Mar 4, 2015 at 10:54 PM

If anybody ,ll be please to tell me the actual schedule - public boat or ferry- between Derawan and Tarakan, Drerawan and Tanjung Batu....I am solo traveller, need to find most budget transfer to Derawan Island, planning trip in May 2015/

more
    • Mona Lisa Restaurant

Bukittinggi 6 hours ago

I m looking for the adress of this restaurant , we where there...22 years ago...and I would like to know if the owner still there.
      We had great time with him and his friends
      We offered hom a little statue , and said to him, we will be back to see him again...so I have to do it.
      Cheers
      Nicolas

more
    • current airport tax ?

Jakarta Feb 27, 2015 at 10:58 PM

What is the current jakarta airport tax for international flight ? mtks!

more
    • Is Indonesia safe for 2 young female travellers to stay in for 3 weeks?

Indonesia Mar 17, 2015 at 1:12 PM

My best friend and I are both 18 years old and are hoping to travel to Indonesia for 3 weeks, however my parents are having some difficulty with letting me go as they think it won't be safe. My friend is a very experienced British traveller, travelling throughout Africa, Middle East and Europe throughout her childhood with her family and also living in Malawi for many years previously. I am from India and have experience travelling there with the family. How can I convince my parents it would be safe for me to go? If it even is.

more
    • nehaachaudhary's Profile Photo

Betel nut farms in jambi .?

Jambi Province Mar 5, 2015 at 1:25 AM

Hi.. I am planning to go jambi. I have heard qit's a beautiful place and is one of the highest producer of betel nut in indonesia.  I want to explore betel nut farms in jambi. Can anybody let me know where are the farms exactly in jambi ? Betel nut is also known as Areca nut.

your help will be highly appreciated :)

thanks n regards

Neha

more
    • Bali or Pattaya-BAngkok?

Indonesia Mar 11, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Hi,
      I am planning to visit BALI at Indonesia from Singapore for my Bachelor's party with my close friends, can you please suggest if BALI is better place for thjis or should I look at PATTAYA/ BANGKOK.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • sham_ismail's Profile Photo

culture and performance

Bali Mar 16, 2015 at 5:09 AM

Me and my friends are in a tight budget travelling to Bali. We are very much interested in observing and blend in with the local culture, which is better? Ubud or Batubulan considering the budget factor. Which temple should we visited to experience the richness of culture in Bali? We thinking of staying for three nights. with one day at the beach. This is our first time there and is public transport or tourist shuttle bus is available to go to these places?

The initial itinerary as follow; first day in Kuta(pantai Kuta)/South Kuta(padang-padang beach) for the beaches-second day to Uluwati for the beaches,temple and GWK-third day and fourth to either Ubud/Batubulan for the cultural sightseeing.

I know I am Missing a lot of thing but any suggestion for the itineraries? We are very flexible but on tight budget(sorry for mentioning it again and again...lols)

more
    • IS Lombok safe for foreigners

Lombok Yesterday

There has been a rapid spread of the paramilitary criminal organization throughout Lombok in the past 2 years. These criminals are armed and dangerous, they wear full military uniforms and often use this to intimidate their victims althought they arealso not afraid to use their weapons including bush knives and pistols. This is a extremist paramilitary criminal organization run mainly by people from Bima (Sumbawa) , a well known breeding ground for Islamic extremists. IS LOMBOK SAFE FOR FOREIGN TOURISTS?

more
    • Cita Rasa Seafood , Sembulang, Galang

Pulau Batam Jan 10, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Can anyone give me road directions to get to this resteraunt please?

3 Answers Jan 10, 2015 at 11:14 PM
    • FreeAtLeisure's Profile Photo

Transport for 3 day trip (Ubud, Nusa Dua, Kuta)

Bali Jan 6, 2015 at 9:29 PM

Hi all, It seems hiring a private car / tour guide+driver is the best way to go around Bali. I am arriving to the airport early 8am in March 7 and departing about the same time in March 10, so that leaves me with three full days of sampling the island. I have already booked accommodations in Ubud, Nusa Dua and Kuta. My question is with transportation and if it is feasible to get a driver (or at least the same booking serivce) for the duration of the trip, and a rough estimate of the costs? Would be great to get contact details of drivers you've tried so I can start inquiring too.

My route and estimated travel time is as follows:

Day 1: Airport (8am pick-up)) >> Tirta Gangga >> Ubud hotel (3pm drop-off)  -- halfday trip

Day 2: Ubud hotel (10 am pick-up) >> Taman Ayun >> Tanah Lot >> Nusa Dua hotel (4pm drop-off)  - halfday trip

Day 3: Nusa Dua hotel (1pm pick-up) >> Kuta hotel  (should I take taxi instead, and how much?)

Departure: Kuta hotel (6:30am pick-up) >> Airport   (should I take taxi instead, and how much?)

Thanks! Ellie

9 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 11:25 PM
    • Bound for Takengon - what is the best route to fly and/or drive in Sumatra?

Takengon Jan 5, 2015 at 12:11 PM

Hello there,
      I am wondering if you have traveled to the Takengon area of Indonesia. If so, can you recommend where I should fly into to get there? I am also from the PNW (Vancouver, Washington) and thought that you would have a good insight as to how I should do this travel. Thank you for your advice in advance! Connie K

3 Answers Jan 23, 2015 at 11:30 PM
    • Cruise ship excursion to Komodo

Komodo Jan 4, 2015 at 2:35 PM

Can anyone confirm that you can disembark your ship at Komodo, pay $US25 park entrance fee, and then ask a Park Guide to take you on the tour for a fee? We are trying to avoid the extremely expensive ship's tour

6 Answers Jan 7, 2015 at 3:14 AM
    • steven1117's Profile Photo

Accommodations near Kupu Kupu Barong Villas or closer to town

Ubud Dec 31, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I'd read some really conflicting reviews of the above place, and while the setting looks fantastic, the food looked awfully lacklustre and expensive. Given that it's a bit off the beaten path, are there any other places of the same range and style nearby that you could recommend? Or....even closer to town, but preferably with elevation.
      We arrive Friday evening.
      Thanks.

• How do I get to Aimere from kupang

Kupang Dec 30, 2014 at 5:16 PM

I heard there is ferry kupang to Aimere

Where can I get the tickets, check the schedule and is it daily ferry?

2 Answers Jan 2, 2015 at 2:41 AM
    • Where the place for count down 2015 in Bandung?

Bandung Dec 26, 2014 at 2:22 AM

I will celebrate new year 2015 in Bandung, where is a best place for count down?

2 Answers Dec 26, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • conection time in Jakarta to domestic flight

Indonesia Dec 21, 2014 at 6:57 AM

Hello
      I would deeply appreciate advice on the following:
      I’m planning a flight to Manado with my family (2 adults and 2 children 11yrs old) on April 2015.
      How much time do I have to consider when I land on Wednesday at 22:05 pm with international flight (Qatar Airways from Doha) at terminal 2 D in Jakarta to take a connection flight to Manado?
      I have check-in luggage and want to take local flight to Manado at 01:45 with Batik Air at terminal 3 but I don't know if 3:40 is enough time to get off from one flight, pass through immigration (I will get the Visa in advance in France, in order to gain some time) and check our luggage in Batik Air and board the plane.

Many thanks in advance

Luis

5 Answers Dec 22, 2014 at 5:30 PM
    • Bali Itinerary for 5 Days

Bali Dec 20, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Hello Folks !!

I'll be traveling solo to Bali next week i.ee Dec 25-29 and i'd appreciate if anyone can help me with a good 5D itinerary.Well since theres so much to do and see in Bali,I'd like to restrict my self to Temples,nature and other aspects of cultural significance to Bali.I'm not much into beaches or night clubs.
      Also,can anyone recommend me a good tour operator ?

Thanks !!

3 Answers Dec 23, 2014 at 9:17 PM
    • Airport layover

Denpasar Dec 19, 2014 at 4:08 AM

Hi there

I have a flight from Dili Timor Leste to Bali on Sriwijaya Air and then i have a connecting flight to Jakarta in the afternoon like less than 2 hrs after landing

I was wondering is it very quick process to let says get off the plane, pay the $35USD for Visa On arrival, get stamped into Indonesia, exit customs then find my way to DOMESTIC DEPARTURES where they probably gave me my Jakarta boarding pass in Dili and all whats left is to pay domestic departure tax and go through security as there is no need to exit Indonesia as this is a Domestic flight

I am flying Sriwijaya Air so does this mean there is a seperate terminal at Bali airport for Domestic flights?

Also how much do i pay for departure tax tax for a domestic flight

I have never traveled to Bali Airport before as next week will be a huge challenge and I cant miss my flight to Jakarta as that means having to by another flight

3 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 1:49 PM
    • Contact details for Hotel Jati Asih?

Soe Dec 18, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Hello, I visited Soe 3 weeks ago (November 2014), and stayed at hotel Jati Asih. Pretty nice and cheap place, which was recommended on the Lonely Planet. The problem is that I forgot a camera in my room when I checked out. I've been desperately trying to get in touch with the hotel, but the number I have seems to be wrong, because I can't get through. The number I have is 038822407

Can somebody please help?? I'm really sad to lose not just the camera but all my photos on the memory card... :-(

• Exchanging $100 USD Bills

Bali Dec 17, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Hello folks,

I'll be arriving in Bali next week from India and i have been told that i cannot exchange USD $100 bills printed prior to 2006.Is this correct ? The USD $100 bills i have received from my forex agent are the newer 2009A series bills,the one with Blue 3D security ribbon ? Is this something i need to worry about ?

Thanks !

4 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    • markeveleigh's Profile Photo

Bandung Experts...?

Bandung Dec 14, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I'm about to head off on a magazine assignment to Bandung, Java, and I wondered if anyone could recommend any really exciting (and preferably unexpected) things to see or do...? Anything that is new or particularly iconic for Bandung (ie not something you can easily see elsewhere) would be perfect.
      Terima Kasih
      Mark

4 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 5:44 PM
    • Is it cheap to live in Bali more than 6 months

Bali Dec 14, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Is it cheap to live in Bali more than 6 months i.e. and operate an online business. Is there good internet etc there?

2 Answers Dec 14, 2014 at 2:28 PM
    • bandung bandung!!!

Bandung Dec 13, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Where to stay?
      Point of interest?
      Where to hire driver to go taman safari in bogor?worth going and how long does it take from bandung?
      Shopping and cafe to recommend?

1 Answer Dec 13, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    • boasnovas's Profile Photo

fair price tour.

Rantepao Dec 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Hello...I am trying to arrange a tour to Rantepao but they are charging a fortune...Can anyone recommend a reliable guide with a fair price? How much would be for a 4 days tour from Makassar? tks

5 Answers Dec 14, 2014 at 9:12 PM
    • Bandung 22 - 26 December

Bandung Dec 10, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Hi

Am considering a short trip and Bandung is on the list. However, the impression I get is that traffic may be mad during this period. Any advice on this? What's Christmas like in Bandung?

Thanks!

7 Answers Dec 14, 2014 at 3:07 AM
    • Which beach for Snorkelling? getting there advice needed as well

Bali Dec 10, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Hi all

Need some quick responses as I'm trying to decide whether to visit Bali pre-Christmas till Boxing Day and need to book flights soon.

1. What beach is good for snorkeling? I did some research and seems Blue Lagoon and Amed are good?

2. The beaches that are good for snorkelling seem further away than the usual Kuta, Nusa Dua etc. How do I get there? Any idea of cost of driver and car hire? Is it possible to get a driver and car from the airport or do I have to pre-book?

3. Is it a good idea to travel from this seemingly out of the way beach to Ubud?

Thanks for replies!

9 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    • Travel Tips

Bali Dec 4, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Any tips when travel to Bali?

7 Answers Jan 10, 2015 at 8:28 PM
    • need help on solo

Solo Dec 2, 2014 at 9:47 PM

need to know on the above mention place to stay near nightlife

1 Answer Dec 2, 2014 at 10:29 PM
    • Raja Ampat transport

Raja Ampat Dec 1, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Hi,
      I am going to Raja Ampat In about two weeks. I will arrive in Sorong next December 24, and i will spend 9 days staying in two different homestays. I have a few questions:

I would like to stay in Batanta island; is there a public transport to get there?(I am travelling alone)

Is it better to book the homestays in advance or is it easy to find a place when i get there?

Do you know some good homestays on different island Which are possible to reach without spending a lot of money chartering a boat just for myself? (I would like a place with beach-front snorkeling)

Thank you very much for your information

Bye bye Alessandro

1 Answer Dec 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM
    • Bangka or belitung

Pulau Bangka Nov 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Hi.....i am a expat living in Jakarta and planning a three day trip to Bangka belitung in December.

I just have a quick question --- i should plan to spend more time in Bangka or in Belitung? this will help me decide where should I book my flights to and hotel?

Thanks in advance, Piyush

• Chyan's Profile Photo

What are the current office addresses of Xpress Air and Citilink in Jakarta?

Jakarta Nov 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Hi, can I know the Head Office addresses of Xpress Air and Citilink in Jakarta? I just want to be sure they have not moved elsewhere.
      The addresses (from 2010) : Xpress Air, Boutique Office Park, Kemayoran, Jln. Benyamin Sueb Blok A No. A11, Jakarta 10210.
      Citilink, Menara Citicon, Lt. 16, Jl. Letjen S. Parman Kav. 72, Jakarta Barat, DKI, Jakarta 11410.

Kindly advise if there are changes in their addresses.

2 Answers Nov 30, 2014 at 7:19 AM

Best way from Bali to Bromo

Indonesia Nov 28, 2014 at 3:26 PM

I am leaving from Bali heading to Yojakarta.
      I would like to visit Bromo on the way.
      What is the best way to do that? By plane? Bus?
      Tks

9 Answers Dec 1, 2014 at 8:50 PM

tour guide

Makassar Nov 27, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Hello
      Can anyone recommend a guide to spend 4 days in Rantepao area?
      thnks

5 Answers Dec 14, 2014 at 9:07 PM
    • Friese's Profile Photo

Lombok: how to get from Lembar Port to North part or to Gili ?

Bali Nov 25, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Hello :)

Could you help me, please? :)
      My husband and I are going to Bali & Lombok / Gili in April 2015.

1) Maybe do you know, how we can get from the port in Lombok (Lembar) to the North area in Lombok? :)
      Here is map what I mean: http://oi59.tinypic.com/28thoqd.jpg

2) If we get off the boat (cheaper one: lombok-network.com/by_boat.h...) in Lombok at 01:00 am or 7:00 am - do you know is there any buses which can takes us to Nothern area of Lombok?
      2a) If yes, do you know where I can find time of departures this buses and prices? ;)
      (We hear that is better to avoid taxi drivers and thats why we prefer buses)

3) Or how to get from Lombok to Gili?

I will extremely thankful for you for any information :)
      Kind regards! :)

4 Answers Nov 25, 2014 at 11:40 PM
    • Taking Lamb meat

Bali Nov 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Hi there,
      does anyone know about new rules for taking Lamb meat to Bali?
      we are going Bali in December and plan to take 20 kg of lamb meat with us, i know we have declare it but what is the procedure after that?
      thanks

2 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 8:53 PM
    • Driver recommendation for 2 days

Bandung Nov 24, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Hi all. I will be heading to Bandung for a 3D2N trip and intended to hire a driver for the first 2 days. Anyone can recommend some reliable with good reputation drivers/company to me please? Anyone used DOM and Zafiracar before? Any comments on their service? Thank you very much.

1 Answer Nov 24, 2014 at 3:03 PM
    • joglosemar bus to semarang

Solo Nov 22, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Hi
      I have not been able to glean much information from their website about the travel time to semarang and the tariffs.
      appreciate if any member who has ridden with them can help.
      regards

2 Answers Nov 22, 2014 at 7:06 PM
    • Hotels near Borobudur

Yogyakarta Nov 21, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Hi everyone, I read in this forum that the Manohara Hotel is the closest hotel to Borobudur, so I supposse it is about one hour from Yogiakarta. Can you tell me the location, and aproximate rates?
      Does anyone know the Amanjiwo Hotel? Is it located near Borobudur? Can someone tell me how far is this hotel from Yogiakarta?
      Thank you for your help.
      Alfredo

4 Answers Dec 3, 2014 at 11:07 PM