Indonesia Travel Answers

change location
melly1234's Profile Photo

Indonesian visa in Bangkok update please...

by melly1234 Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I am off to Indonesia and getting my visa in Bangkok. I want the 60 day not the 30 day visa on arrival so obviously need to apply beforehand. It has been many years since I applied for the 2 month visa at the Indonesian embassy there snd obviously things change. Has anybody been to the Indonesian embassy in Bangkok of recent as I need to check what I need. I have checked their website there but it is not so clear about some things. I need from my understanding:

1. passport

2. photo(s) but what size do I need as it doesn't tell me. Also the background of the photo I've been told a light colour yet a mate applied for a visa in Timor and they needed a red background so this is unclear.

3. Recent bank account within the last month with £1000 on it..this I personally find crazy as if you are travelling around Asia and not heading to Indonesia first this could be a problem

4.45 in cash

5. Exit ticket/flight

5. Do I also need a letter from my employer to say I have work back in the UK back home to come back to also like it does with the embassy in the UK

Any updates would be appreciated as I find one embassy says one thing and one embassy wants something else so am a bit confused. I only have 5 working days in Bangkok so need to get the requirements correct first time. Thank you very much

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • cgf's Profile Photo

Re: Indonesian visa in Bangkok update please...

by cgf Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 4:34 PM

better add one week/ten days for process

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Indonesian visa in Bangkok update please...

by exploremore Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I did the 30 day VOA in Bali about six months ago. All I was asked for was (1) passport, (2) flight itinerary showing return flight out of Indonesia, (3) Cash for fee. I was worrried about all of those others things too, but the process was much easier than I thought it was going to be. I'm not sure where in Indonesia you're going, but Bali is very visitor friendly.

• Ubudian's Profile Photo

by Ubudian Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 5:15 PM

"better add one week/ten days for process"

Not necessary. You make your application in the morning of day one, day two is processing, and you pick up your passport with visa the afternoon of day three.
    You'll get a receipt for your passport and funds paid upon your application and that will also provide the date and specific time to return for pick up.

However, do keep in mind that the Indonesian Embassy in BKK is closed for all Thai as well as Indonesian holidays...(and there are many), so be sure to check holiday schedules for both countries.

You visa app photos should be passport sized and with a red background. Be sure to wear a nice shirt or blouse (no tee shirt) in the photo.

Also, make sure your passport will be valid for at least 6 months from your stated arrival date in Indonesia.

• melly1234's Profile Photo

by melly1234 Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Thankyou 'Exploemore'

• melly1234's Profile Photo

by melly1234 Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Thankyou Ubudian....I'm flying into Medan

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Indonesia Travel Answer Locations