Indonesia Travel Answers

change location
Bada-Ran's Profile Photo

Batik learning

by Bada-Ran Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Hi all,
I am thinking of taking a course of Batik in Indonesia. I've read the best place is Yogiakarta, in Java. I've done some batik courses before, so I'd like to do a more in deep training in some academy or "atelier". Could you recommend places either in Java or Bali? I was thinking of next september.
Thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • kenHuocj's Profile Photo

Re: Batik learning

by kenHuocj Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 2:05 AM

at a 4th generation Batik Winotosastro, Jl.Tirtodipuran 54, Yogyakarta 55143 ,
    You are able to take courses in Tjap Batk , 2 day course of 2-3 hour each to make a 2 colour cloth of 1 X 0.3M cost only 9-11 USD,

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 3:21 AM

It is many years since i have visited Yogyakarta but there were many places offering courses there, so maybe this is the place you should head for.

• fachd's Profile Photo

by fachd Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I've never been to batik classes but when I was in Bali our driver mention Widja.
    http://widyabatik.baliklik.com

• Ubudian's Profile Photo

by Ubudian Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Definitely Yogy if you seriously want to learn batik at its most traditional and time honored method.

Batik production in Bali is basically a continuum of the traditions which were born in Java centuries ago.

Good luck with your serious study of what is in essence the spirit of Indonesia…kain batik.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Indonesia Travel Answer Locations