Indonesia Travel Answers

change location

Who wants to join to cycle around yogya/pacitan/surabaya or solo?

by SharonJava Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Hello, i'm Sharon from " Belanda" and will be in Yogyakarta and surabaya next week for work. The weekends are off, so i'm looking for someone who can give some tips for cycling or someone who wants to join. Probably on friday the 22nd of Feb i'll be in Surabaya, On monday i have to be in Yogya again. I heard that Pacitan is a nice place to see, but if you know better places please tell. I just want to enjoy the cycling and nature and in the evening good food with a nice cold beer. regards sharon

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • theo1006's Profile Photo

Re: Who wants to join to cycle around yogya/pacitan/surabaya or solo?

by theo1006 Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Hi Sharon, Are you aware that Java is mostly hilly country? A flat itinerary you only find near the coast where the temperatur is highest. Pacitan is a remote place, 120 km from Yogya one way, I think too far for a weekend trip. My suggestion is that from Yogya you go south to Parangtritis, from there take the road to the limestone hills to Baron beach, and go on east as far as you can get. Take enough water, and there are many places where you cab take a turnoff of a few km to the coast and dip into the sea. Next trip you can skip Parangtritis, head straight to Baron and take it from there. You wille be exploring Gunung Kidul hills, also a lot up and down, but never very high. Browse my Yogyakarta Special Region page for a summary of the beaches and places of interest: "Between Merapi Volcano and the Indian Ocean" - Yogyakarta Special Region by theo1006 But East of Baron (Kampoeng Baron Restaurant) it is hard to find any cold beer! You can also ride to Prambanan - a short level trip along the busy main road - and around there go seeking out temples: "Prambanan: temples and more temples" - Prambanan by theo1006 Perhaps you can take you bike on the train to Solo (that is 50 km) and from there ride to Sukuh and Cetho temples on Lawu mountain. But that is a long ride uphill, almost 1500 m difference in height: "Prambanan: temples and more temples" - Prambanan by theo1006 If that is too much, between Klaten and Delanggu the land is mostly flat. You can visit the sugar museum members.virtualtourist.com/m... seek out Cokro swimming pool and other watering places (Sendang Sinongko, Warung Apung Janti). (Klaten used to be the place with the highest bicycle density in Java.) Happy cycling! Theo

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • theo1006's Profile Photo

Re: Who wants to join to cycle around yogya/pacitan/surabaya or solo?

by theo1006 Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Sorry, wrong link for Solo. Should be: Solo Things to Do Tips by theo1006 Theo

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Indonesia Travel Answer Locations