Indianapolis Travel Answers

change location

Renaissance Tower Historic Inn

by BarbaraJean1987 Online Now Jan 7, 2006 at 6:34 PM

I have made a purchase through Hotwire for our 6 day stay in Indianapolis. The hotel we ended up with is Renaissance Tower Historic Inn.

After reading reviews on the Internet for this place, I am terrified! Honestly, I am sick. I have never seen hotel reviews as bad as this hotel has received. It appears from the reviews that 9th street is not a safe neighborhood.

Can anybody please give me some information about the area and the hotel.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: Renaissance Tower Historic Inn

by crimcrop Online Now Mar 28, 2006 at 10:37 PM

My reply might be moot since you posted your questions awhile ago, but I will say that I have stayed in Renaissance tower some years ago and I thought it was a very nicely maintained, efficiently operated, and tastefully decorated historic inn. I realize places can change over time, but I have generally heard good things about the hotel even recently. In any event, I believe the current owners plan to convert it entirely into condominiums soon. The area around the hotel is certainly NOT dangerous--it is just a little bland and not full of much activity. However, you are not very far from central downtown which is very nice.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines