Indianapolis Travel Answers

change location
coxy's Profile Photo

house/trance/techno nightclubs

by coxy Online Now Dec 10, 2005 at 7:45 AM

hello,

i will be spending a week in indianapolis over christmas. can anyone tell me a good nightclub that playes house/techno or trance music. i have heard that talbott street does but isnt that a gay bar?

thanks in advance

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: house/trance/techno nightclubs

by crimcrop Online Now Mar 28, 2006 at 11:01 PM

Coxxy, your visit to Indy probably came and went a long time ago. But to answer you question, Fusion nightclub plays house, techno, and trance music (and also some hip-hop). It is a a large and somewhat "underground" dance club located at 603 and 605 East Market St. downtown. Unfortunately, I heard it may have closed just recently--so you might want to try the Vault located at 120 E Market St.--it is a large L.A. "underground" style club which has eclectic live music and dancing , but also sometimes plays techno, house, etc.

Yes, Talbott Street located at 2145 N. Talbott St. is a huge gay dance club, but it is certainly open to anyone who wants to go dance and have fun. No one will bother you and there will be some straight folks there, if that is what you are worried about. For the type of music you want, I would think that Talbott Street would be your best bet. However, if you feel more comfortable not being in a predominately gay place, then you can try Fusion or The Vault. Also, there are several very chic nightclubs with swanky lounges and hot dance floos along South Meridian street--Ice Lounge (235 S. Meridian), Subterra (250 S. Meridian), 6 Lounge (247 S. Meridian)--these clubs will play some house music, but they are definitely not strictly techno places and they will be alot pricier and much more glamorous than the industrial techno club scene you are probably seeking.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines