India Travel Answers

change location
CDM7's Profile Photo

Tour of India

by CDM7 Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 4:41 AM

We are thinking of doing a tour of India (2-3 weeks)
early next year and would be grateful for any company's that you good people could recommend.We would like to visit the main sites,staying in good accommodation. Possibly with a beach stay at the end.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Tour of India

by davidjo Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 4:55 AM

compasstoursandtravels.com/b...

This company offers several tours but it is vary difficult to recommend any particular one, but the 16 day cultural and beach tour takes you to several great places which i would classify as must sees.
    Another choice would be the first time India tour, or the 16 day Raj and Taj tour.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

by Donna_in_India Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Hi - India is a large country but it easy enough to get around on your own. I'd suggest doing the popular Golden Triangle route - Delhi-Agra/Fatehpur Sikri/Jaipur (possibly a stop in Ranthambhore National Park) before heading to Goa for some time on the beach. You could fly into Delhi and out of Goa to save some time and expense.

The nicest hotels in India would be the Taj and Oberoi brands. The are very good with a price to match. It really depends on your personal requirements because there are quite a few choices in terms of accommodations.

To get from Delhi to Agra/Jaipur you can hire a car in Delhi. It is not very expensive to do so. Guides can be hired at any location also inexpensively. To get from Jaipur to Goa you can fly. India has excellent budget airlines - SpiceJet, GoAir, Indigo, JetKonnect... If you have 5 days in Goa, that is good, although many people stay for weeks & months. :-)

If you do have more than 2 weeks, I'd recommend going to Udaipur, possibly making some stops on the way. You don't mention when you are coming but if you're able to time the Camel Festival in Pushkar, I'd highly recommend that. Pushkar is beautiful. You could combine that as well. You can also get to Goa from Udaipur.

If you really want to use a tour company, check out Thomas Cook or makemytrip.com or cleartrip.com (both of those are Indian companies).

Have a great time!

1 member found this helpful

• Jramakrishna15's Profile Photo

by Jramakrishna15 Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 6:10 AM

Choice is bringing you to makes happy after visiting places like Goa , Kerala , Andhra and Tamilnadu. Best beach place without pollution and garbage is better at Andman islands , Havelock. You can enjoy a lot there. Pleanty of local site locations like waterf alls etc also be a part of your iternery.

You can book through online , better to wait until last month of travel and refer local news papers by internet. Its helps a lot for current packages and as well as good rates.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 6:11 AM

I agree with Donna- India ia a huge country, very diverse too.
    Its not a good idea too try and seen and do too much (especially on a first visit)
    Its easy to make your own trip, with planning its very possible.
    Donna has made good suggestions, and to add to that, perhaps you might want to read my India page,,,,,there are links for various towns and cities, and if you scroll down page, other tips. Please message me if you have any specific emails

here is link to my India page:

"Reflections of an Unapologetic Indiophile" - India by lynnehamman

1 member found this helpful

• Re: Tour of India

by kanikapd Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 6:02 AM

Hi, January-February is a good time to visit India. You can do golden triangle in 6/7 days with enough time for sight-seeing and shopping - Delhi (2/3N), Agra (1N), Jaipur (3N). For beaches, you can also visit Kerala, where you can enjoy some authentic ayurveda also, check http://bit.ly/WlrsnQ .

• CDM7's Profile Photo

by CDM7 Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Thanks for all your helpful replies,it has given me plenty of food for thought.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular India Travel Answer Locations