India Travel Answers

change location

Re Travel company

by Henrietta1 Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 6:30 AM

I would like to know if anyone has used the company Travel Fair India? Were you happy with their service?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Re Travel company

by Odinnthor Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Good morning and welcome to VT.......d:o)

OK, having been a tour director for seversl decades, I do have a bit of insight into the various tour operators of the world.

Travel Fair India is an almost brand new company, only in business for two years, and it is a subsidiary of a website designer company. First, I have not used them personally, but if you know what to look for, their website is a bit telling.

Look at their "About Us" page. This is where an operator is supposed to tell you how they became a business, how long in business, their professional affilications, and any awards garnered for their services. When the About Us page is just promotional spiel, that is a big red flag for me. What is really telling is the lack of affiliations. This type of operator should be a member of India's Tourist Board, IATA , AFTA , ASTA, and similar int'l organisations, and those who are members, proudly display their badges. There are none on this operator's website.

Further, they have an instant chat box on their site. I spoke to one of the company's people. He urged me to look at the testimonials. That is usually what an operator without a past will do, - steer you towards the testimonials, - a simple unverifyable way to impress new clients, and can simply be made up on the spot.

All this said, - this operator may just do exactly what they say they will do. I am not suggesting that you use them or not use them. I am simply passing on an educated review of a potential partner in your travels. I would however look for a more established local operator. There are certainly plenty of them in India.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular India Travel Answer Locations