Travel agents

by tharina Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Can I trust the travel agent Holiday India to arrange my holiday

Quote & Answer
13 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: Travel agents

by Donna_in_India Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 4:05 AM

I just googled and found this information....tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g2....

Based on that, I don't think I would use them. Would you consider traveling on your own without a travel agent?

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 4:13 AM

I have no knowledge of thtis Travel agent, but is there any particular reason why you need an agent? Its actually quite easy to arrange travel in India yourself. You would also save a lot of money - agents usually charge excessive fees. What sort of budget do you have, and what part of India do you wish to see?

• tharina's Profile Photo

by tharina Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Thank you so much for the valuable advice. I do travel a lot and normally like to do my own thing, but we are a group of 8 ladies doing a post Conference trip to Delhi and Kathmandu and have only a few days. That is why I would like to have all transfers etc. arranged before hand. I am now going to use a travel agent in S A.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Holiday India is not worth the risk of losing your money. TripAdvisor paints a pretty bleak picture of this operator.

As always I reviewed their web site. They claim to have won the National excellence award two years in a row, - yet the awards are nowhere to be found on their pages. The About Us page only has promotional spiel on it, where they should be telling you how long they have been in business, their association affiliations (there are none), and any awards they may have garnered for services (noe of those either....)

There are plenty of legit operators in India. I would stay away from this one........d:o)

by Odinnthor Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I note that you say you are going to use a South African agent. They are no different from otther operators. Just because they are South African, does not mean that they are not capable of fraud. Check their websites as well. There are plenty of good and legit operators in India. It is usually cost effecticve to go direct

by lynnehamman Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Erik I am also a bit puzzled by the SA part. However, in defence of my homeland- I must say that the trabel agents are not usually considered to be shonky. Besides. Flight Centre in SA is excellent- we have used them a few times.

by Odinnthor Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Lynne, it was not a comment on South Africa. It was a generic statement, - meaning that "agents" in one's own country are not immune to the fraud/scam bug, and they can also be inexperienced, as well as experienced.

Main point being that there is no need for an "agent who's office I can visit". Going through a qualified local India operator, will be more cost effective.

by Odinnthor Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Also Lynne, there is a big difference between a travel agent and a tour operator. A TA will sell the product generated by the TO. TA is retail, TO is wholesale. A TA in SA will simply buy a product from a TO in India and sell to you at a higher price.......d:o)

• Re: Travel agents

by amandawoods Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 6:59 AM

Hey dunno bout the travel agents, but I have visited jammu and kashmir the switzerland of India recently with my family. Done all my bookings through www.searchmyhotel.in, they drafted an amazing reasonable deal for me. Enjoyed the breathtaking beauty and awesome weather all in budget. thanks to searchmyhotel.in.

by amandawoods Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Hey dunno about the travel agents, but i recently visited jammu and kashmir the switzerland of india with my family. Done my booking myself through www.searchmyhotel.in, they drafted an amazing reasonable and genuine deal for me. Enjoyed every bit of the trip from breath-taking beauty to awesome weather in budget. thanks to searchmyhotel.in. Shared my exp, thot it'll be helpful.

by lynnehamman Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM

This 'reply' sounds very much like advertising- NOT allowed on the forums

by Odinnthor Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 6:21 AM

It is and advertisement. The screen name is the same as the booking site being touted. Reported and it will be deleted. It is the one above that one that I was not so sure of.......d:o)

by afiaahmad Online Now Jun 14, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I am not so sure about Holiday India, but i took a trip with Mustseeindia.com to Kerala and they did an excellent job..my 3 year old kid and family thoroughly enjoyed this trip....

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular India Travel Answer Locations