India Travel Answers

change location
vieviengan's Profile Photo

Wholesale in India, which city

by vieviengan Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Where can I get wholesales jewelries such as stainless steel or silver, similar to place like Khaosan, Thailand . Which city in India do they have wholesale market ?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • mehulraj's Profile Photo

Re: Wholesale in India, which city

by mehulraj Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 6:22 AM

I didnt knew satinless steel is jewelry..I think you did not get the concept of this website..this is travel website where people help you with things related to travel activity..I am not sure someone from VT might have traveled anywhere, anytime for buying stainless steel or silver..atleast so far I have not.. but as far as I know from experience, silver from kutch district of gujarat is best..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • vpas's Profile Photo

by vpas Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 7:18 AM

We do not have stainless steel jewellery much in India. Silver in Odisha is famous. Imitation jewellery wholesale in Hyderabad is in a place called Begum Bazaar.

• vieviengan's Profile Photo

by vieviengan Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Since I am travelling to India, I love jewelries, so I just want to drop by any place where they sell just want to have a look at the wholesale market. But anyway I am travelling to Delhi, Jodphur, Jaipur , Banglore, Chennai , Jaisalmer . So i guess I will not be passing by any market .. any of these places that I am going have any wholesale market, on scarf, clothes and etc...

• vpas's Profile Photo

by vpas Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Of course -- all the places that you have mentioned have jewellery. In Jaipur, you will find jewellery in most places. However I am not sure how a non Indian can bargain and get the right prices. In Chennai go to Mylapore opposite to the Kapalishwarar temple tank, there are shops such as Sukra (very steep prices), Maruthi Jewellers, Santhi Jewellery(this is the best in my opinion, they also have a bigger outlet by name Santhi Tailors behind Rasi shop on the same street as the main entrance to the Karpagambal/ Kapaleeshwarar temple in Mylapore) -- all these shops stock Temple Jewellery which is stunning to look at and very ethnic. In Bangalore, go to Cauvery outlets for select silver jewellery that is gold plated. You will surely find plenty of jewellery all over India, Do read my pages on various Indian cities and you will find many tips on shopping, Have fun,

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM

part part of India are you wanting to visit then? India is a huge country. Most of the large cities have markets for your needs. If we know the city we can recommend the market

• anilpradhanshillong's Profile Photo

by anilpradhanshillong Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 8:36 PM

In Delhi. go to Chadni Chowk, Old Delhi. They will have genuine silver jewellery at wholesale rates. Be very careful and alert there. It's rather crowded. Else, any of the other markets in New Delhi will have good value for money.

• deepak_agra's Profile Photo

by deepak_agra Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 12:18 AM

If you are travelling northern part of India then Delhi is big wholesale maerket. Go to Kinar bazar in Chandni chowk and Sadar bazar.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular India Travel Answer Locations