Independant State of Samoa Travel Answers

change location

FaoFao Beach Fales - anyone?

by wilklasu Online Now Mar 2, 2008 at 8:04 PM

Hi,

me and my fiancee are going to Samoa in June for a week and have found a nice, budget place called FaoFao Beach Fales & Hotel. Has anyone been there? The reason for me asking is to find out if there are any places to dine/drink there - seems to be a small village on south-west Upolu - except the hotel? Any shops, restaurants, bars etc. over there? What prices can we expect to pay e.g. lunch or dinner or a beer?

If anyone has any info about this, please post it here or write to me at wilklasu@poczta.onet.pl

Thanks all and maan,are we looking forward to get there :) Truely a dream come true!

Cheers

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: FaoFao Beach Fales - anyone?

by Kasianurek Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 3:43 PM

Hi, it's actually on the south east side not south west and there are some bars and restaurants close by - not many and all beach fale type. the only shops are in apia the capital. I don't think there is actually a hotel there either. Lunch should be about10 to30 Samoan Tala depending on what you get and a beer about4. Spirits and wine would be more but I don't recommend wine in Samoa as they do not keep it properly and it is often corked.
    It is a lot harder to see the rest of samoa if you are staying there, it is probably much easier to see more if you stay in Apia, but if you are with your fiance then maybe it is a good choice.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Independant State of Samoa Travel Answer Locations