Independant State of Samoa Travel Answers

change location

Hotel Reservations Required?

by sabcug Online Now Feb 2, 2007 at 12:06 PM

I am planning on going to Samoa at the end of May, beginning of June. Do I need to make hotel reservations before arriving? I like to keep my schedule flexible in case there is a part of Samoa where I would like to spend a couple of extra days or a part that I would like to leave a day earlier than I originally had planned. Do hotels fill up quickly during that time of year?

Thanks,
Stu

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • islandboi321's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel Reservations Required?

by islandboi321 Online Now Apr 5, 2007 at 4:35 PM

This would be the beginning of the high season, but things are generally busiest in July and August.

I think it may be wise to book at least your first night in Apia. I don't know where you are coming from, but most flights tend to come in the wee hours and it's very reassuring to have a bed to fall into when you get to Samoa. You would not have to commit to a hotel after this if you didn't want to.

Other than that it is very easy to be flexible in Samoa and many places you can just show up or ring ahead for a reservation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • eenelfje's Profile Photo

by eenelfje Online Now Sep 3, 2007 at 3:18 PM

I also just booked my first 2 nights in Apia and from there I just called an accomodation myself and went there. And lots of owners of an accomodation have family who have another accomodation, they will be happy to help you !
    Dont worry I filled 3 weeks with just 2 night prebooked when I was there (I was there also in May)

• Marianne2's Profile Photo

by Marianne2 Online Now Sep 3, 2007 at 3:43 PM

May is a good time to go. Like others, I would reserve my first two nights in Apia, for me at Aggie Grey's (older hotel, with interesting history), and then branch out from there. The people are very hospitable throughout the island, although be forewarned that most everything closes on Sundays. If you need a travel agency while you're there, I've used Retzlaff's Travel before, and I assume you can probably find them on the web. Samoa is a gorgeous and under-visited country, so enjoy!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Independant State of Samoa Travel Answer Locations