Independant State of Samoa Travel Answers

change location
prrl's Profile Photo

Take, not take?

by prrl Online Now Jun 28, 2006 at 8:08 PM

Can anyone suggest what to take to Samoa or what not to bring?? I like to pack light but effectively. Thanks!

PS Anyone want to share a car rental in early September '06?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • eenelfje's Profile Photo

RE: Take, not take?

by eenelfje Online Now Jun 29, 2006 at 4:17 AM

Samoa is soo hot so packing light is definately the way to go.

As you have to dress modest in Samoa just bring some tshirts that cover your shoulders and some skirts over the knee. When you go walking in town or visit villages. But if you do not have skirts dont worry about it in Apia at the supermarket you can buy cheap lava lavas (sarongs). Thats about the only thing I wore in Samoa, flip flops, lava lava and a tshirt.

Shorts, tops and bikini is only for the beach.
    Flipflops are the main shoewear
    But some Teva slippers are handy when you go visiting waterfalls etc.

Bring your own snorkeling gear. Ow and a flashlight is very handy because if you are staying in the fales you have to walk for a few meters to the shared bathrooms and toilets.

Mosquito repellent you can buy in Samoa itself. In the Drugstore in Apia they sell natural mosquito repellent lemon and coconut, works very well !!

Dont forget a hat for the sun or even an umbrella, the sun is soo strong and its soo hot there ! And a very high factor suntanlotion !

When I was in Samoa I met some people at Seipepa Travel Home and I shared a car with them for the whole week.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • prrl's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Take, not take?

by prrl Online Now Jul 7, 2006 at 4:06 PM

Many thanks!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Independant State of Samoa Travel Answer Locations