Independant State of Samoa Travel Answers

change location

Arriving in Samoa.

by jennit Online Now Mar 21, 2006 at 4:58 AM

My boyfriend and I will be arriving at the international airport in Upolu, Samoa about 2am in the morning, we are then travelling over to Savaii on the morning ferry. Do you think it's best to just stay in the airport until the first ferry of the day which is at 8am or to try and find somewhere to stay for a few hours? What's the airport like, is it the kind of place you could kill 5 or so hours at? If you think finding a place to stay is the best option do you know of anywhere near the airport that's cheap?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • eenelfje's Profile Photo

RE: Arriving in Samoa.

by eenelfje Online Now Apr 26, 2006 at 11:29 AM

The airport is small and the arrival and departure area, check in area etc. are....open...that means the front has no walls. There are seats but not comfortable enough to sleep on. Closest to the airport is the new Aggie Greys resort but maybe that would be too expensive for just a few hours sleep. The rest I know is all in Apia. But you can easy take the shuttle bus to Apia, spend a few hours of sleep and have a delicious breakfast at Seipepa Travel Home and take a local bus from the foodmarket (close to Seipepa Travel Home) and take the noon ferry to Savaii. If you dont want to take all your luggage with you to Savaii but just a daypack or a bag with things you need you can leave the rest of your luggage at Seipepa for free.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Arriving in Samoa.

by jennit Online Now Apr 28, 2006 at 4:48 AM

Thanks for your help, I'll take a look at the Aggie Grey's resort. Do you know if you're allowed to take food into the country? We thought about taking some food supplies with us to keep us going if we get stuck in the airport!

Thanks again:)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Independant State of Samoa Travel Answer Locations