Independant State of Samoa Travel Answers

change location

Best places to go!

by AMPS123 Online Now May 24, 2005 at 3:26 AM

Hi,
Heading to Samoa in beginning of September and was wondering if anyone had some good tips about the places to go or stuff to do, want to meet the locals and get off the beaten track!! Would love some advice!
Cheers!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • eenelfje's Profile Photo

RE: Best places to go!

by eenelfje Online Now Aug 29, 2005 at 10:22 AM

In Apia I stayed at Seipepa Travel Home run by a Samoan family. Lovely there and close to town. I also stayed at the Outrigger Hotel, nice too, but far from town and the staff wasnt so friendly. So my favourite is Seipepa.]

You should definately go to Lalomanu Beach on Upolu, its gorgeous there and snorkeling is amazing there. I stayed at Litia Sini's beachfales, just next door to Taufau Beachfales.

Also Tanu's Beachfales at Manase Beach on Savaii is very nice.

I reccomend renting a car for one or two days on each island. This gives you the opportunity to check out all the things there is to see on each island. (not possible to do this by bus). I rented the car with some other travellers I met at Seipepa to split the costs !

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Best places to go!

by Valgo Online Now Sep 11, 2005 at 5:09 PM

Would definately recommend renting a car to get around, although the public buses are an experience and you'll get a feel for local life. You can take the car between the islands of Upolu and Savaii by ferry. And it's the best way for getting off and over the beaten tracks, of which there are a few. I stayed at Taufua Fales on Lalomanu beach, the couple who run the place are fantastic, and the food is the best in all of Samoa! Samoan people are really friendly and I'm sure you'll love these paradise islands. Also, if you're there on a Sunday, you should check out the local church which will be quite a site to behold!

• eenelfje's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Best places to go!

by eenelfje Online Now Dec 8, 2005 at 4:42 PM

Actually all of Samoa IS off the beaten track so dont worry about that !
    Meeting the locals is very simple wherever you are in Samoa.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Independant State of Samoa Travel Answer Locations