Iloilo City Travel Answers

change location

Itinerary

by CharlieAlpha Online Now Jul 26, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Hi, I am planning to visit Ilo-ilo this coming August but will spend only 2D/1N. Will be arriving lunch time and I was wondering if I could go around Ilo-ilo on a half-day and spend the next day in Guimaras. Any cheap packages or tour that you could suggest? By the way I'll be travelling alone. Thanks a lot in advance for the tips.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • cyndymc's Profile Photo

Re: Itinerary

by cyndymc Online Now Jul 27, 2011 at 5:41 AM

Hi, Charlie, welcome to VT! You have not mentioned your interests and departure time, but for the limited time, you have to choose whether to stay longer in Iloilo City or Guimaras...You can actually go directly to Guimaras after lunch. It is very easy to make a DIY day tour in Guimaras. You'll find helpful tips of VTers at Guimaras Island Travel Guide (Guimaras Island Travel Guide). In the afternoon, you'll have ample time to go to the Trappist Monastery, Guisi Lighthouse and other places that might interest you, go swimming and sunset watching later. Early morning of the following day, you can go island-hopping. Leave Guimaras before or after lunch, and upon arrival at the port in Iloilo City, you can drop by Jaro to see the heritage houses and Cathedral. Depending on your time left, you can go to Molo,too.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • buenababe's Profile Photo

Re: Itinerary

by buenababe Online Now Jul 27, 2011 at 5:35 PM

it actually depends on what you are in the mood to do...

if you want to explore iloilo's nightlife, then stay there on your first day. In the afternoon, you could visit the jaro cathedral, pass by Lopez Mansion, go dinner at in Villa at Tatoy's. they got the best seafood and native chicken in Iloilo, for me. Then at night, you could go to Smallville, and explore the bars there, hang out and enjoy...

if you are more into the beach and nature, then go directly to Guimaras. you can explore the place in the afternoon, just ask the local tourism office upon arrival at Jordan port. then you could stay in Reymen's in Alubihod overnight... the next day, you could explore iloilo. if time allows, you could go to Miag-ao and visit their beautiful old church there.

hope you'll enjoy your iloilo trip. ;)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Iloilo City Travel Answer Locations