Iloilo City Travel Answers

change location

best itinerary for 2N/2D stay in Iloilo

by ziplocke24 Online Now May 6, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Hi!

My family and I (group of 5) are going to Iloilo on May 24-26 (2N/2D. Our ETA at the airport is 6:15 p.m. and we'll leave on the 26th with almost the same time. I initially wanted to stay in Guimaras for the duration of the trip. However, upon reading through blogs and posts here on VT, I found out that we can just have a day tour of Guimaras and visit some tourist spots in Iloilo City. Please advise me as to how we can maximize our stay in Iloilo/Guimaras given the short time we have. Notwithstanding the budget of course :) Thank you (in advance) for your responses. :)

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • cyndymc's Profile Photo

Re: best itinerary for 2N/2D stay in Iloilo

by cyndymc Online Now May 7, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Hi, welcome to VT! You didn't indicate your travel interests in your Homepage, so I'll just give a general recommendation based on the limited time that you have.

1st Night, May 24: Check in at your chosen hotel...Dinner and shopping for mineral water, snacks, etc at SM City Iloilo in Mandurriao...Rest and sleep early to gain strength for following day's activity.
    Day 1, May 25: Guimaras day tour and island hopping
    2nd Night, May 25: Food Trip in your chosen restaurant
    Day 2, May 26: Heritage Tour &/or Religious Pilgrimage: Start early morning to see the heritage homes and old churches in Jaro, Molo, Arevalo, Guimbal, Tigbauan, Moag-ao, San Joaquin, and Sta. Barbara (this can be sked on your way to the airport)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: best itinerary for 2N/2D stay in Iloilo

by ziplocke24 Online Now May 9, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Thank you uscis for your reply. Concepcion sounds like an interesting place. But, I guess I have to visit it some other time. I kind of already conditioned my family members' mind about Guimaras. Thanks again. :)

by ziplocke24 Online Now May 9, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Thank you cyndymc for the itinerary. You have truly weeded out some confusion I had in mind before reading your reply. Would you happen to know anyone who offers a van rental for the tour in Iloilo? I'm just assuming that the tourist spots you mentioned are somehow far from each other. I'm traveling with two older women on their mid 50's so I guess it will be easier for them if we rent a private vehicle. Thanks again for your response. :)

by cyndymc Online Now May 10, 2011 at 12:33 AM

You're welcome, glad to be of help... Actually, I'm already 60 and I enjoyed the jeepney rides. The places are not so far from each other so you can commute. I didn't keep the calling cards of vans for hire because I thought their prices were so high for just hubby & me. Since you are 5, maybe you can hire one for convenience; just ask your hotel front desk staff for help. Btw, from Iloilo City Proper, you can take a metered taxi to Jaro, Molo & Arevalo which are districts of Iloilo City. Beyond that, the taxi will negotiate for chartered rate.

• emily120's Profile Photo

by emily120 Online Now May 14, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Yes it is best that you have a day tour at Guimaras since you can all see the sights in a day. For Iloilo there are many sights that you can actually see there so you need more days if you really want to explore the city. The churches all alone can take most of your day but check out Miag-ao Church since it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and it will take you more or less an hour so from Iloilo City. Other churches can be found within the city so you won't have a hard time checking it out. You should also try their batchoy since they are famous for that. Try it at Deco's or Ted's coz i heard theirs are the original ones. Ted's can be found at SM Iloilo.

by ziplocke24 Online Now May 15, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Thank you emily120. Can you suggest any good but affordable inns/hotels in Iloilo City? So far, I've read good reviews of One Lourdes Dormitel. Not sure if it's strategically located though.

by sisagonuts Online Now May 16, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Hi! i think we both have an issue about a van for hire. Haha. I'll be needing one too to tour the city with my family. Were you able to find one already? Is it ok if I can get the number also? :)

Thanks so much!

by cyndymc Online Now May 16, 2011 at 2:40 AM

One Lourdes Dormitel is walking distance to Robinson's Place and the market where you'll find the jeepney terminal. When we stayed there for the Dinagyang, they gave us numbers to call for chartered vehicle. They have a list of DOT accredited vehicles for hire.

by ziplocke24 Online Now May 17, 2011 at 3:09 AM

cyndymc's reply somehow answers your question sisagonuts :) thanks again cyndymc :)

• emily120's Profile Photo

by emily120 Online Now Jun 30, 2011 at 10:05 PM

You can try at Days Hotel or Hotel Del Rio.. In the heart of Iloilo City.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Iloilo City Travel Answer Locations