Iloilo City Travel Answers

change location
limledi's Profile Photo

Trip Inquiries

by limledi Online Now Mar 15, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Hi. Pls refer a good cheap multicab hire in Iloilo with contacts. Is One Lourdes Dormitel a good budget hotel choice? Is it clean & centrally located place to stay? How to go to Guimaras from Iloilo City? What are the schedules & fares? Is day trip enough or should we stay the night in Guimaras? How many days is ideal for a trip to Iloilo & Guimaras? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • cyndymc's Profile Photo

Re: Trip Inquiries

by cyndymc Online Now Mar 15, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Re: One Lourdes Dormitel, I can recommend it to you if your only concerns are cleanliness and strategic location. We stayed there and we knew what to expect so we had no complaints. You can read about my impressions at Iloilo City Hotel Tips by cyndymc.

Going to Guimaras, you take a pumpboat at Ortiz Wharf. Pumpboat ride cost us only P13/pax. Travel time was only 15 minutes. I gathered that the first boat trip is always at 6:00Am; thereafter, boats leave every 15 minutes. I think an overnight stay would be enough in Guimaras, but you can also go there just for a day trip. We spent 2 days 1 night in Guimaras and 4 days 3 nights in Iloilo.

If you plan to go for a tour of Iloilo's heritage churches, it is so easy to commute. Taxi drivers will usually offer you package tours of southern and northern Iloilo Churches, but we analyzed their offer and found the rates horrendously high so we just commuted. Within Iloilo City, it is easy to go from one church (Jaro, Molo)to another by taxi as there are cabs waiting near the church.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • limledi's Profile Photo

by limledi Online Now Mar 16, 2011 at 5:23 AM

Thanks for your advise. Is car rental not necessary to visit the churches as far as Miag-ao? Is it easy by jeep or should we take taxi? Taxi cost might be expensive coz of the long distance. Any car rental referral? Is it Ortiz Wharf in Iloilo to Jordan Wharf in Guimaras by pumpboat?

by cyndymc Online Now Mar 16, 2011 at 6:12 AM

We went to Miagao twice and we commuted by jeep. The terminal is walking distance from One Lourdes Dormitel. You can ask Dormitel or whichever hotel you will book about their accredited taxi/van service. I forgot already how much is the hired taxi for Miagao, but definitely it is so expensive because it is outside Iloilo City, so we didn't get one. We'd rather spend the money for food and pasalubongs... Yes, it's only a pumpboat/small ferry you'll take from Ortiz Wharf in Iloilo to Jordan Wharf in Guimaras. I posted some photos of the pumpboat/small ferry in my Guimaras Travel Page.

• limledi's Profile Photo

by limledi Online Now Mar 16, 2011 at 6:18 AM

Thanks for the info.

by cyndymc Online Now Mar 16, 2011 at 6:37 AM

Enjoy your travel to Iloilo and Guimaras ;)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Iloilo City Travel Answer Locations