Iloilo City Travel Answers

change location
limledi's Profile Photo

Trip Inquiries

by limledi Online Now Jan 10, 2011 at 7:27 AM

Hi. Please help on the following questions. Thanks.
1. Is it safe to go around in motorcycle since we're only 2 pax? Where can we rent motorbike? Or if not, any multicab for rent? How much is daily rate? This applies to Iloilo & Guimaras.
2. For food tripping, where are the places to eat?
3. Any cheap but clean & centrally located place to stay in Iloilo City?
4. Which places to go for a 3-day trip in Iloilo including day trip to Guimaras? What are the things to do?
5. How to get to the city center from the airport & back?
6. How to go to Guimaras from Iloilo City? What are the schedules & fares? Planning to go early morning & back late afternoon. Is it recommended to stay the night in Guimaras?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • dragonfly.daipurl's Profile Photo

Re: Trip Inquiries

by dragonfly.daipurl Online Now Jan 11, 2011 at 4:49 AM

Hi there!

1. yup, it's safe. I'll update you where you can rent a motorbike. this is the first time i have encountered such a concern. hehe.

in guimaras, there are many multicabs for rent. the prices vary according to duration and destination.

2. food tripping: in iloilo or in guimaras?

3. choose from among these accommodation facilities:
    ongbun.com/pensionhouse-iloi...
    http://www.ann2.net/hotels/century21/
    onelourdesdormitel.com/rooms...

4. Which places to go for a 3-day trip in Iloilo including day trip to Guimaras? What are the things to do?

5. you have to take a taxi cab from the airport. one way will cost you PHP 300.00+ to reach the city center. you also have a cheaper option: vans travel from the airport and back, PHP 50.00. per trip.

6. Guimaras is a great place to visit. you have to spent at least one night there in a very good resort! there are numerous ferries that travels to guimaras, leaving almost every 10-15 mins.

I suggest you give me your tentative itinerary so i can help you with the details. :)

Pearl

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • limledi's Profile Photo

by limledi Online Now Jan 11, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Thanks for your reply. I have some follow up questions:
    1. I'd also lyk to inquire bout multicab rates in Iloilo so I can compare with motorcycle rates. In Guimaras, how much is multicab rates for a day visiting various tourist sites. Is there a motorcycle for rent in Guimaras? How bout the island hopping boat rates?
    2. Food trip for both Iloilo & Guimaras
    3. Of the 3 hotels u listed, which is cheapest & do you recommend?
    4. I saw this site with itinerary, is this ok? girlopinion.com/2010/08/12/i...
    5. Do you recommend the Iloilo City Tour for P300 good for 4 hrs? Pls chk dis: thenewstoday.info/2006/05/03...

Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated.

• buenababe's Profile Photo

by buenababe Online Now Jan 11, 2011 at 8:08 PM

for food in Iloilo, try Afrique's! ;) they serve delicious and reasonable baby back ribs!haha! and if u want seafoods, try Tatoy's it's in Villa... also, if u plan to go night out, there's Smallville.. it's where the bars are in Iloilo and it's near SM City.. with regards to Guimaras, it's always nice to stay overnight.. u can have more time to explore the island if time allows it..island hopping is always the best thing to do in guimaras. =) enjoy ur trip! by the way, i will be in iloilo tomorrow. :D

by limledi Online Now Jan 12, 2011 at 7:06 AM

Thanks for your reply. Hope you can make a trip report from Iloilo when you get back. Are you going to Guimaras?

• monina_c's Profile Photo

by monina_c Online Now Jan 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I enjoyed the food at the Breakthrough and the scenery isn't bad either (it's located right on the beach. There's a lot of hammocks you can use to relax while waiting for your food. They do deliver on their promise to give you the freshest, best seafoods in the city.

for more info check out:

Iloilo City Restaurant Tips by monina_c

• buenababe's Profile Photo

by buenababe Online Now Jan 13, 2011 at 3:19 AM

i just got home from iloilo... and still busog from the baby back ribs, etc thAt i had from Afrique's.haha i agree, breakthrough is nice as well. but Tatoy's is a bit cheaper I guess and u can still have the freshest seafoods and the Native chicken there...i took some pics today, so maybe i will make my Iloilo page.. i didnt go to guimaras today coz i just had a day trip.. but been to guimaras many times b4. for sure, u will enjoy it there.. ;)

by limledi Online Now Jan 13, 2011 at 7:43 AM

Thanks guys for the trip report.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Iloilo City Travel Answer Locations