Iloilo City Travel Answers

change location
Erebos's Profile Photo

4-DAY Itinerary

by Erebos Online Now May 29, 2008 at 4:12 AM

hi. weve already booked our flights (RT) to iloilo-manila. we're leaving on oct 30! i tried searching the net for a 4-day IT for iloilo but i couldnt find anything. can you suggest a 4-day IT please? for far is iloilo city from bacolod? for 4 days, is it possible to squeeze in tours to the ff places: guimaras, bacolod, dumaguete, and siquijor? thank you very much

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

Re: 4-DAY Itinerary

by asianbelle Online Now May 29, 2008 at 7:40 AM

Definitely, you can include Guimaras and Bacolod to your Iloilo itinerary, but I'm not sure about Dumaguete and Siquijor. Besides, these 2 areas need similar number of days to explore. Maybe best if you plan another trip for them.

Guimaras is about 15mins by boat from Iloilo, while Bacolod is about 2 hours ferry ride. You can go by land to Miag-ao, Jaro, and other towns of Iloilo.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nimato's Profile Photo

by nimato Online Now May 30, 2008 at 4:31 PM

The lady above is right again hehe (idol ko na rin yan pag dating sa galaan =)... When you base it on the map pa lang, you will see that Siquijor and Dumaguete are out of way. Bacolod, Iloilo and Guimaras are well within each other's reach.

• Yla's Profile Photo

by Yla Online Now Jun 1, 2008 at 5:24 AM

Tama sila :-) i suggest you spend day 1 in iloilo, day 2 in guimaras, day 3 in bacolod and day 4 in iloilo ( i assume you got RT MNL-ILO) That should cover major sights in each.

For Iloilo, day 1 - familiarize yourself in the routes for day 2 and 3, see the city by PUJ trips, find and indulge in their famous batchoy

For Guimaras, day 2 - tour major spots in Guimaras, stay overnight at a beach resort in alubihod, try the mangoes!

For Bacolod, day 3 - try the nearest hot springs, get local pastries, stay overnight in the city

Back to Iloilo in day 4 - find the pina/jusi weavers in Jaro, unique iloilo crafts

Back to Manila...
    - just something to start from :-)

• clarice_ldr's Profile Photo

by clarice_ldr Online Now Jun 2, 2008 at 7:15 PM

hi!

you may visit iloilo's famous spots in 1 day including Miagao Church which is 40 km/1 hour away from the City (fare is P40-50 1-way)

iloilo-guimaras is a 15-30 minute ferry ride; fare should be less than P100 RT

iloilo-bacolod by fast craft ferry is only an hour away (ferries leave iloilo every hour starting 5 or 6 AM daily until about 5 or 6 PM); fare is about P400 RT.

bacolod-dumaguete is about 5 hrs by A/C bus & the last bus leaves bacolod at around 1 or 2 PM (fare is less than P400 1-way)

Dumguete-Siquijor is less than an hour & fare is less than P100 1-way

i totally agree with asianbelle, set another trip for dumaguete-siquijor, i don't think its feasible in 4 days no matter how you do it...

what are your points of interest, by the way? iloilo has nice beaches, known for good food, old houses & churches...

in case you need other info, just drop a message to my YM: clarice_ldr

Cheers,
    clarice

• deeaye's Profile Photo

by deeaye Online Now Sep 23, 2008 at 5:04 PM

Hi there, we also booked a flight this coming october 30. Actually, we are doing the iloilo, guimaras, iloilo trip.Medyo chill chill lang. Explore guimaras and relax lang. Sa iloilo naman, we will visit the historic churches and food trip lang.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Iloilo City Travel Answer Locations