Ilha de Fernando de Noronha

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel warnings?

Cuiabá Apr 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Are there any safety concerns when visiting Cuiaba?

more
    • current info. Website is 2008

Manaus Apr 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Has anyone made the trip recently from Manaus to guayana city.
      Also any knowledge about flights from Manaus to same or caracus without having to go back to Sao Paulo or Panama city.
      Help would be appreciated.

more
    • CRUISE TERMINAL

Rio de Janeiro Apr 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

IS THE NEW CRUISE TERMINAL COMPLETE AND FUNCTIONING ?

more
    • Tara2001's Profile Photo

Salvador, is it best to stay in the Pelourinho? Any hostel recommendations?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Hi all,

I'm visiting Salvador for 3 nights in April and was wondering if the Pelourinho is the best area to stay in? I am looking to stay in a hostel that is safe and secure, but also sociable where I can meet likeminded solo travellers. Any suggestions??

more

Anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Hi guys,

Is anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April that would want to meet up and do some sight seeing etc? Get in touch! :)

more
    • Bus from Sao Paulo to Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Foz do Iguaçu Yesterday

Hello, is there a way to book a bus ticket instead of flying from Sao Paulo to Foz do Iguacu, Brazil side. I would be coming from the Paulista area and staying in Parana of Foz do Iguacu. If i can buy a ticket online how far in advance can I purchase it? What is the approximate cost? If not, how far in advance should I buy it in person and where is the terminal located? I don't mind about travel time since I am not in a hurry.

more
    • Getting there from Campo Grande

Foz do Iguaçu Apr 17, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Just wondering what is the quickest and easiest way to get to Foz do Iguacu from Campo Grande Matto Grosso do Sul in Brazil. It all seems very complicated.

If someone has a simple-ish solution could you please let me know.

Thanks

more
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Airport Customs and Immigration

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Flying London Heathrow to Vitoria (VIX) via Rio (GIG) with TAM. Does anyone know if I have to pick up my luggage and clear Customs at Rio or will it be at final destination ?

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

São Paulo Apr 7, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • Travel with BUS from Natal to Salvador in Brazil

Natal Apr 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I need to travel from Natal, RN to Salvador Bahia by BUS, anyone know what Bus company I can buy ticket to travel to Salvador?

more
    • Gluten free restaurants around Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro Apr 17, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Can anyone give some names of restaurants around Rio that serve gluten free lunch and dinner?. I am going to Rio during the World Cup with wife and two children

more
    • Travelling Pantanal

Pantanal Apr 9, 2014 at 3:11 AM

How can i travel Pantanal without tying myself to a 4-5 day tour? I want to make it flexible and yet be able to do everything. Is it possible to do this independently?

more
    • Two days in Argentina

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 31, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I am travelling to see the falls in June. I would like to spend 2 days exploring the Argentina side and a day and a half on the Brazilian side. I am flying into Foz do Iguacu. Would you recommend I stay in Brazil and travel to Argentina each day. Or should I stay in Argentina overnight?

more
    • Currency exchange at the Crossover

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Is there an exchange at the border after you enter Argentina? After seeing the Brazilian National Park, we are heading for the Argentina National Park and the Sheraton. We'll need pesos to pay to get into the park.

more
    • marechal hermes

Rio de Janeiro 4 hours ago

Im staying in this area for a week in june, just wondering is there a good bus service running to the city? i will be based near the air base there.

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

Rio de Janeiro Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • eversure's Profile Photo

Taxi or airport bus?

Sao Paulo Mar 24, 2014 at 6:20 AM

We are a family of 5 (parents with 3 teenagers). We need to get from GRU to Congonhas. Will it be more convenient to take airport taxi or airport bus? In most places we have gone to, the individual cost for the bus is sometimes just the same as for a taxi and the taxi seems to be quicker. Thanks.

more

Visa's and volunteering (I'm British)

Brazil Apr 15, 2014 at 8:28 AM

I'm hoping to go and volunteer in Rio, working in a youth hostel for a few months. I understand I can do this on a normal 90 day visa, is that right?

And also, how many days do I need to leave the country before I can return on another 90 day visa?

more
    • DavidM184's Profile Photo

Daily Tours from Rio and return

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Can you advise what i should not miss/thank you. Dave

more
    • TRAVEL BY BOAT TO ILHA DE FERNANDO NORONHA

by sssmith99 Online Now Nov 25, 2013 at 7:48 PM

how to get from Natal to Ilha de fernando de noronha by boat

2 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 11:47 AM
    • How great is the diving really?

by aliceinla Online Now Oct 26, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I'm finding very mixed reviews on the actual diving quality. I'm an avid diver and would pay the extra money if it's actually worth it. I would be there for a week in January. Have you been around that time and can you give me some feedback? Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 30, 2013 at 3:36 AM
    • Travelling to Fernando de Noronha

by collinvandenbroek Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Hi!

During my trip to Brazil I would love to visit Fernando de Noronha, but the price for a return ticket from Natal is 342 euros, which is unfortunately too much for me.
      Does anyone have an advise about finding cheap tickets? I've serached on decolar.com already..
      Or is it possible to travel by boat?

Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 31, 2013 at 8:23 AM
    • Weather in May 7-17th

by malbi Online Now Feb 14, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Hi there,

I will arrive in Fernando de Noronha for my honeymoon on the 8th of May, after staying overnight in Natal on the 7th, I have two big questions:

How is the weather going to be? some big showers of rain and all the rest of the day sunny, or is it likely to be cloudy all day long? I was checking the airport information and it looks like it is the most rainy month in the year!

Also, how about money? as I will stay 9 nights on the island and I read there's no ATM, I guess we should get some R$ in Natal the day we arrive. Would a budget of 200R$ per day be enough for us? Let's say a total of 2000R$ for two people for 9 days on the island? (We already paid for the accommodation).

Thanks!!!
      Alberto

3 Answers Feb 16, 2012 at 3:56 AM
    • Making B & B reservations

by kathleenwi Online Now Jan 2, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I've read great reviews of "Joab's House" ( or "Casa do Joab"), a B&B on the beach but can't find how to make a reservation. Is there a webiste, etc.? Thanks!
      Kathy

2 Answers Jan 2, 2011 at 1:29 PM
    • How to get there

by davidxanna Online Now Feb 17, 2009 at 6:51 AM

What is the most affordable way to get to Ilha de Fernando de Noronha? Any ferry?

5 Answers Feb 17, 2009 at 10:42 AM
    • rozavanturilor's Profile Photo

what's the weather usually like (at the end of March, beginings of April)?

by rozavanturilor Online Now Apr 9, 2008 at 2:31 AM

Hi VTs

I was thinking about visiting Fernando de Noronha at the end of March, begining of April next year, so one ofmy main concerns was the weather. I checked the current weather on the usual website, like weather.com, and it's not looking good.

I also looked for comments on the local weather and found the following info. Here (noronha.com.br/english/envir... they say that:

"The climate is tropical, with two well defined seasons: the rainy season from January to August, and the dry season for the rest of the year. The heaviest rains occur between March and July, sometimes reaching almost 8 inches in 24 hours in March and April. October is the dryest month, when rainfall will not be greater than 0.36 inch in a 24 hour period. The average temperature is 77° F, with a variation of only 7.4°. The hottest months are January, February and March. The relative humidity varies little from 81.5 % due to the islands characteristics. Average annual sunshine is 3.215 hours per day, with a maximum in November and a minimum in April."

Here (discoverbrazil.com/destinati... they say that:

"The island can be visited any time of the year. Temperatures are always warm and mild (26°C or 79°F), with a gentle breeze. The climate is tropical, with two well defined seasons: the rainy season from January to August, and the dry season for the rest of the year.
      The heaviest rains occur between March and July, sometimes reaching almost 20.3 cm (8 inches) in 24 hours in March and April. During this season the island is green and at its most beautiful and the temperature slightly cooler. October is the driest month, when rainfall will not be greater than 0.91cm (0.36 inch) in a 24 hour period. The average temperature is 25° C (77° F), with a variation of only a few degrees.
      The hottest months are January, February and March. The relative humidity varies little from 81.5 % due to the islands characteristics. Average annual sunshine is 3.215 hours per day, with a maximum in November and a minimum in April. Best times for Surfing From December to February/March the waves are perfect for surfing.
      Best times for Diving and Snorkeling August through December are the best months for diving and snorkeling in the Mar de Dentro (Atlantic north coast of island, facing the mainland, where the bays are more protected). Between January and March the Mar de Fora (south coast of island) is calm and excellent for diving and snorkeling."

I'm sure there are many other such comments, so my only questions are: is it really a bad ideea to visit Fernando at the end of March, beginings of April (i.e. what looks to be the hight of the rainy season) and try to do some diving? Would it be a much better ideea to visit the island in August, September, October?

Any comments/suggestions you may have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RV

2 Answers Apr 9, 2008 at 5:50 AM
    • How to Reserve?

by brzltrvl Online Now Nov 29, 2007 at 8:23 AM

How do you reserve a pousada? The island website does not work.

1 Answer Nov 29, 2007 at 9:54 AM
    • AnaLuiza's Profile Photo

Fernando de Noronha

by AnaLuiza Online Now Sep 29, 2007 at 2:33 PM

I am goingo to Fernando de Noronha with my husband and 5 kids. I am getting confused with so many tours they are offering. What are the ones I should not miss? And the ones we could do by ourselves? We will rent buggies and are trying to avoid "tourist traps". I thank you all in advance for any tips that might help.

2 Answers Sep 30, 2007 at 8:36 PM
    • AnaLuiza's Profile Photo

Fernando de Noronha

by AnaLuiza Online Now Sep 10, 2007 at 7:31 PM

Does anybody know a nice but not very expensive hotel in Fernando de Noronha? I am going with my husband and five kid/teens and I am thinking about staying in Vila dos Remédios, so that they can walk aroud indepedently if they wish. Are there comfortable guesthouses over there?
      Thank you

4 Answers Sep 30, 2007 at 8:38 PM
    • zlatokopik's Profile Photo

question about accommodation

by zlatokopik Online Now Sep 10, 2007 at 1:11 PM

hallo , we are couple from czech republic and we want going to fernando de noronha in febr/march O8 on 3 weeks.do you may reccomendet me some bungalows with pool and a/c on the beach ? we are divers...or some tips...
      my e mail adress zlatokopik@seznam.cz
      thank you and best regards
      petr

3 Answers Sep 30, 2007 at 8:41 PM
    • sasch's Profile Photo

Accommodation/ FdN

by sasch Online Now Aug 13, 2007 at 12:40 PM

Hi travellers,

can anybody recommend a nice & good hotel, please not a big hotel and kitschy, like with flair etc.

big thanks,

s

2 Answers Aug 15, 2007 at 6:51 PM
    • travelmama2007's Profile Photo

dolphins

by travelmama2007 Online Now Jan 28, 2007 at 9:15 PM

I heard that as many as a thousand dolphins come into bay each day. It seems like it would be an awesome sight yet there are no pics of it and I heard that they no longer allow trips to the bay to view it. I wanted to take a trip here to see the dolphins but if it's only groups of a few here and there it's not worth the trip. Has anyone been there recently and if so are there any dolphin viewing tours in the bay any more. And how cool is it REALLY? thanks!

• Accomodation

by Bennygill Online Now Sep 18, 2006 at 6:54 PM

Hey,

I'll be at "Ilha de Fernando de Noronha" at the end of FEB and was wondering if anyone could recommend a place to stay. I'll be by myself, so somewhere I can meet people would be best. Maybe a youth hostel? And I'll also be on a tight budget.

Cheers!

6 Answers Nov 14, 2006 at 7:12 PM
    • buscsando as informacoes sobre morando na ilha..

by tamarmelen Online Now Jul 10, 2006 at 11:10 AM

oi gente!
      eu sou Tamar - uma americana - e eu fiquei 12 dias na ilha em Junho...agora, eu quer voltar pra ficar mas tempo (tal vez 1 ou 2 meses - ja comprei meu passagem pelo Brasil pra chegar no agosto!). Eu sei que e muito caro pra pagar a taixa muito tempo, e buscando uma opportunidad pra ficar na ilha sem que pagar a taixa..como trabalhar, ser voluntario com o projeto golfinho, ou outra...a gente sabe outras? Qualquer ajuda e muito bom!

obrigada
      Tamar (tamarmelen@gmail.com)

• murdothemanse's Profile Photo

Money

by murdothemanse Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 4:01 PM

I have seen various bits of info re taking money to the island. Does the bank have an ATM? Can credit cards be used widely, or do you need to take all your cash with you.

Any help appreciated. Am travelling solo and am finding reasonably priced accomodation an issue but the site has been useful

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 2, 2006 at 9:47 AM
    • Does anyone know how to get to Fernando de Noronha by ferry / sailboat?

by Dounan1 Online Now Mar 15, 2006 at 4:15 AM

I'd like to find a way to get to Fernando de Noronha in a way that's not too costly. It's a beautiful place and definately worth the visit if you have the money to fly or take a cruise. However if there are other ways it would be really cool to know and spread the word so more people can get to go. I was wondering if anyone knows about or has tried ferries, sailboats, or some unconventional methods. The island is over 500 km from the shore, so whatever way it is it would have to be safe as well over the distance. Thanks a lot!

Dounan

1 Answer May 23, 2007 at 5:34 AM
    • Cash?

by Discobabe Online Now Mar 14, 2006 at 12:46 AM

I'm going to Fernando de Noronha and would like to know what the cash situation is. I've heard you need to take loads of cash as there are no ATMs and just one bank. Is this still the case and how do I get cash from the bank there?
      Also I will want to rent a dune buggy. Will they take a credit card or will I need to take more cash to cover that too?
      What credit cards do they accept? I have a VISA.
      I am going for two weeks, how much cash do you recommend I take?
      Many thanks in advance.

1 Answer Aug 2, 2006 at 10:05 AM
    • yubali's Profile Photo

Costs and availability in fernando de noronha in february

by yubali Online Now Dec 23, 2005 at 2:11 AM

Hi,

I am planning to backpack on februar-march in brasil.
      do you know how much a week in fernando de noronha should cost me?
      how much are the flights?

how long in advance should i order? and from where?
      can i just come to recife and book a flight for the same week?

Thanks
      Yuval

2 Answers Dec 30, 2005 at 1:12 PM
    • Please help! : ) Should I take PADI diving school in Fernando or just dive for fun?

by Caliadventuregal Online Now Aug 25, 2005 at 11:21 PM

Hi there! Please help!

Its my first time diving and I am going to Fernando de Noronha September 9-16 because it looks like the most amazing place to dive. I want to go to the best dive sites I can as a beginner.

Does anyone know someone who learned to dive there for the first time or did the PADI diving certification? Did they go to great dive sites? Or would it be better to just pay by the day in order to go to great dive sites?

Oh and by the way, could you recommend a great but not super expensive pousada? Im hoping to find one thats100 US a night for 2 people,250 R Brazil dollars.

3 Answers Jun 23, 2006 at 9:43 AM
    • Clima

by Panera Online Now Jul 10, 2005 at 7:40 AM

Oi gente!

Eu e meu noivo estamos pensando em ir para Fernando de Noronha em nossa lua-de-mel em meados de MAio. Alguem saberia nos dizer se e uma epoca de muita chuva por la?
      Vale a pena arriscar?
      Obrigada,
      Dani

2 Answers Mar 7, 2006 at 12:11 PM
    • Need help

by LunaNegra Online Now Jul 4, 2005 at 9:58 PM

Hi all
      Eu so nova neste forum. Eu e meu marido estamos pensando em mudar para o Brasil e gostariamos de morar na Ilha Fernando de Noronha. Alguem neste forum tem alguma informacao se o processo e diferente para mudar para la de qualquer outra parte do Brazil ? Eu ficarei muito grata por qualquer informacao .
      Eu vou checar este forum amanha. O por favor mande informacao para PlatedHeart@aol.com.
      Love
      Luna

4 Answers Jul 5, 2005 at 9:32 PM
    • Renting a room from a local or a inexpensive pousada

by gcandy Online Now Jun 29, 2005 at 7:11 PM

I want to spend Jan 2-6 in Noronha. I don't want to spend no more the 70 R a day for accomodations. Does anyone know a pousada or even a local that would rent out a room??

All I need is a bed, shower and good breakfast.

If anyone has any info that would be great!!

Thanks in advance

2 Answers Jun 30, 2005 at 11:44 AM
    • Max Comfort & Fun with Kids?

by Pat&Vitor Online Now Feb 27, 2005 at 6:29 PM

We are considering going to Fernando de Noronha with our 7 and 11 year-old daughters on March 23rd for about a week. Where would you suggest we stay for maximum comfort and good food? Price is a secondary concern. Also, what is the weather like at the end of March? Is it rainy? Finally, what suggestions do you have about activities for young kids? They are snorkelers and good swimmers. (Sharks?) Is there an eco-tour guide you can recommend? We're new members...so thank you for your help. We look forward to being of help for other destinations...as we've travelled quite a bit. Warm wishes, Pat

2 Answers Mar 2, 2005 at 12:20 AM
    • From Natal to Salvador and Fernando de Noronha??

by Lincona Online Now Feb 3, 2005 at 8:43 AM

I will be in Brazil (NATAL) from March 22 - 6 APR. Beside beach vacation I am planning 3-4 days trips to Salvador and Fernando de Noronha? Please suggest, how to get to Salvador from Ponta Negra (Natal) ? Bus; plain or rented car? Also what's the cheapest way to get to Fernando de Noronha and who sell tours in Natal with best price? Thank You for help!

5 Answers Feb 11, 2007 at 3:20 PM
    • accomodation in Fernando de Noronha

by hilliettl Online Now Jan 26, 2005 at 3:55 AM

Hi, I'll spend a week on Fernando in February. Can anyone give me some good advices about a cheap pousada (around 20 US$ for a single)? I'l be travelling on my own - where can I meet people there? I already booked my flight there - do I need any other permission in advance I know about the tax but do I need anything before I go? Thank you so much!!!

3 Answers Feb 4, 2005 at 3:35 PM
    • erik-010's Profile Photo

Diving Trip to the Island

by erik-010 Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 6:10 AM

Hi I also want to visit this Island for sure. Wanna go diving there... I am planning on going to Manaus first for 6 days and then come here. Does that make sense? I will start in Sao Paolo and try to leave my excess luggage behind so I only travel with my backpack. Should be allright to bring that to the Island I guess. Can anyone recommend a good and safe diving school? Any schools operated by Westeners? Still must study my LP... Chau, Erik

4 Answers Nov 23, 2004 at 11:05 AM
    • Tallariti's Profile Photo

Baggage to Fernando de Noronha

by Tallariti Online Now Sep 19, 2004 at 6:57 AM

How much baggage do they allow you to take to fernando. If I am over, will they simply charge me, or is there a chance I will have to leave things behind. I am on a 3 week trip including some business so have more than 15 Kilos. Is there an upper limit of what you can pay for?

3 Answers Dec 10, 2004 at 6:15 AM
    • hpeter's Profile Photo

Tips for honeymoon on Ilha de Fernando de Noronha

by hpeter Online Now Jul 18, 2004 at 3:59 PM

Hi Folks, I am living now in Canada. I am German and my girlfriend whom I am going to marry is Austrian and English. We are planning our Honeymoon from the October 10 to October 22, 2004. We are looking for any tips concerning the island. The wedding will be in Austria. bungalow in the water or near the water sailing would be nice diving would be nice Is October the right time to visit the island? What is special about the island? What is to do on the island? How to come to the island? Cheers HPeter

5 Answers Jul 26, 2004 at 9:12 AM
    • Gilles_Paris's Profile Photo

boat to FdN

by Gilles_Paris Online Now Jul 12, 2004 at 1:50 PM

is there a ferry boat from Natal to avoid the expensive and full plane from natal to FdN (320 km seems me possible)?

1 Answer Jul 12, 2004 at 2:13 PM