Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Travel Answers

change location

Weather in May 7-17th

by malbi Online Now Feb 14, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Hi there,

I will arrive in Fernando de Noronha for my honeymoon on the 8th of May, after staying overnight in Natal on the 7th, I have two big questions:

How is the weather going to be? some big showers of rain and all the rest of the day sunny, or is it likely to be cloudy all day long? I was checking the airport information and it looks like it is the most rainy month in the year!

Also, how about money? as I will stay 9 nights on the island and I read there's no ATM, I guess we should get some R$ in Natal the day we arrive. Would a budget of 200R$ per day be enough for us? Let's say a total of 2000R$ for two people for 9 days on the island? (We already paid for the accommodation).

Thanks!!!
Alberto

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • robine's Profile Photo

Re: Weather in May 7-17th

by robine Online Now Feb 14, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I've not been to F de N, but understand it to be beautiful, and expensive. In Brazil these days Rs$100 per head per day for food and drink should be enough, but I'd bring a margin (to allow for the occasional lobster splurge), by taking a reserve in US$.

The usual limit for withdrawals from ATMs here is Rs$1000 per day, but your bank back home may impose a lower limit (as mine does).

Have a great honeymoon!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • robine's Profile Photo

Re: Weather in May 7-17th

by robine Online Now Feb 15, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Sorry, I should have added that credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Amex) are very widely accepted in Brazil. But let the issuer know beforehand that you'be coming here, and never let the card out of your sight, for cloning is a danger.

• Re: Weather in May 7-17th

by malbi Online Now Feb 16, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Thanks Robine, I really need the informations from people that have been on the island though. I already checked the information available on the internet but it is not much. I think the budget should be fine, I am mostly worried about the weather though.. 265 mm of rain (expected) in May is a lot of rain!!!

weatherspark.com/averages/33...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ilha de Fernando de Noronha