Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Travel Answers

change location
AnaLuiza's Profile Photo

Fernando de Noronha

by AnaLuiza Online Now Sep 29, 2007 at 2:33 PM

I am goingo to Fernando de Noronha with my husband and 5 kids. I am getting confused with so many tours they are offering. What are the ones I should not miss? And the ones we could do by ourselves? We will rent buggies and are trying to avoid "tourist traps". I thank you all in advance for any tips that might help.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mircaskirca's Profile Photo

Re: Fernando de Noronha

by mircaskirca Online Now Sep 30, 2007 at 7:06 AM

Ola Ana Luiza!

Fernando de Noronha is certainly one of the most stunning places I've ever visited - I do hope to visit again some day :) I'm sure you are going to enjoy it a lot!!

Well, perhaps the best place to stay is Vila dos Remedios.

I suggest you taking a one-day buggy excursion with a driver and visit:
    - Baia dos golfinhos - very erly in the morning there are quite a lot lovely dolphins in the bay
    - the most beautiful beaches of Noronha: Baia do Sancho, Baia dos Porcos, Praia do Leao, Praia de Atalaia
    - sunset with the view to Ilha Dois Irmaos

The other trip I enjoyed was a boat trip around the archipelago - it only takes a couple of hours but and it's worth doing it, you see it from the different perspective.

The rest you can explorfe by yourselves. You even don't need to rent a buggy since there is a bus that transport visitors from one part of the island to another with the stop in front of your pousada or anywhere :)

Once you see it, the image of Noronha remains for ever :) Have a wonderful holidays!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Fernandocramos's Profile Photo

Re: Fernando de Noronha

by Fernandocramos Online Now Sep 30, 2007 at 8:36 PM

Dear Ana, you are my neighbour, I live in Rio too.
    The best way to explore the island is to take first a one day tour that you can visit all the beaches in one day and be familiarized with the island. On the other day you can do by your self with a buggie because is too borow be waiting a long time for buses, and another thing, all bus stops are far from the beach, sometimes you have to walk a lot.
    If I were you, try to make contact at Ibama place with some of the drivers at night during the film that they pass about Tamar project, so you can find better prices with them instead of company tours.
    You should take a boat tour around the island and if possible do scuba diving, its amazing even if you are nota diver.
    I dont know about your budget but a good pousada is one called pousada do Mano, and another one is Paraiso do Atlantico, excellent breakfast in both of them.
    If you need more info, try to see my page about Noronha and if possible dont forget to rate the tips, you will find good tips there or try to contact me at fernandocramos@globo.com
    Good luck !!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ilha de Fernando de Noronha