Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Travel Answers

change location

Cash?

by Discobabe Online Now Mar 14, 2006 at 12:46 AM

I'm going to Fernando de Noronha and would like to know what the cash situation is. I've heard you need to take loads of cash as there are no ATMs and just one bank. Is this still the case and how do I get cash from the bank there?
Also I will want to rent a dune buggy. Will they take a credit card or will I need to take more cash to cover that too?
What credit cards do they accept? I have a VISA.
I am going for two weeks, how much cash do you recommend I take?
Many thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Fernandocramos's Profile Photo

RE: Cash?

by Fernandocramos Online Now Aug 2, 2006 at 10:05 AM

Some places accepts Visa and if you rent a buggy in a store maybe you can pay with Visa but it is more expansive. If you talk with a citizem you can rent it cheaper but they dont accept credicards. Last month the price for a buggy rental in the store was about R$130 and with the local ones was R$80 a day.
    You can lunch from R$15 to R$70 if you go to an excellent restaurant.
    I can suggest, Cacimba Bistro restaurant, Ze Marias (in the pousada), and Ecologicus but if you want a simple food try Flamboyan where you can pay for a Kilo.
    If you do a scuba diving (baptism)its around R$200 in cash or R$230 in creditcard.If you go to the Baptism (first time scuba diving with a guide)they can film your dive for R$130
    If you rent a scooter for diving or a plana-sub it is R$60 each but only in cash.
    For a boat trip R$75 some places accepts credicards
    For a taxi its from R$10 to R$20 a short trip.
    A bear R$3 to R$5
    A soda R$2 to R$3
    If you want to rent a case for underwater photos you can rent it for R$75 a day in the Pousada do Mano. Look for Nilda and ask her a discount if you rent for more than one day. Tell her your friend Fernando from Rio indicates you.
    If you intend to have a island tour with a guide its R$70 per person, but if you have more friends you can ask for the guide just to take you and your friens and you can bargain for a fixed price around R$60 per person if there are two or more persons.
    MOre questions, just ask.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ilha de Fernando de Noronha