Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Travel Answers

change location

Please help! : ) Should I take PADI diving school in Fernando or just dive for fun?

by Caliadventuregal Online Now Aug 25, 2005 at 11:21 PM

Hi there! Please help!

Its my first time diving and I am going to Fernando de Noronha September 9-16 because it looks like the most amazing place to dive. I want to go to the best dive sites I can as a beginner.

Does anyone know someone who learned to dive there for the first time or did the PADI diving certification? Did they go to great dive sites? Or would it be better to just pay by the day in order to go to great dive sites?

Oh and by the way, could you recommend a great but not super expensive pousada? Im hoping to find one thats100 US a night for 2 people,250 R Brazil dollars.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • edimarip's Profile Photo

RE: Please help! : ) Should I take PADI diving school in Fernando or just dive for fun?

by edimarip Online Now Aug 29, 2005 at 5:48 AM

Noronha is a perfect place to dive, but is possible you should have finished your theoretical Padi part before you arrive there.
    And try to avoid to be on a diving boat with to many people, it can be very crowded.
    I did visit Noronha myself early this year for a few days as a visitor from a cruise ship.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Please help! : ) Should I take PADI diving school in Fernando or just dive for fun?

by Caliadventuregal Online Now Sep 1, 2005 at 8:14 PM

Thanks Thomas! Great idea! Took your advice and Im studying the theoretical now. Cant wait to get in the water....hoping to see some turtles...

• RE: Please help! : ) Should I take PADI diving school in Fernando or just dive for fun?

by tamarmelen Online Now Jun 23, 2006 at 9:43 AM

hello - i just returned from 6 weeks in brasil, including 12 days on fernando de noronha, which i am convinced the the most beautiful place on earth! you will have a fantastic time..

i dove with noronha divers, and they were fantastic. i had never dove before, but they have a program called 'batismo' which takes first time divers (or anyone without diving certification) and pairs you with a certified instructor who monitors all your equipment and takes you down to 12-14meters. you don't have to know anything except how to equalize pressure in your ears on the way down and clear water from your mask and mouthpiece, which they show you. it costs about100 USD for a 30 minute dive and is a FANTASTIC introduction to diving - then you can decide if you want to pay the additional few hundred dollars to do a course and become certified...and you WILL see lots of amazing marine life - I saw 3 turtles, rays, fish, lobsters (other diving compatriots saw sharks, octopus, etc)...my dive instructor's name is Jayson Huss, and he is the best! Ask for him if you can...(he is native brasilian, but speaks perfect english)..

as far as a pousada, i highly recommend 'simpatia da ilha', run by sergio borges - email simpatiadailha@ig.com.br, phone 55 81 3619 1119. prices are really affordable (for 2 people it will be about120reis/night, or less than60USD! including breakfast, great clean rooms with TV and AC..) It's in the perfect central location to everything and sergio is really great.

enjoy your stay and let me know if you want more recommendations!
    tchau
    tamar

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ilha de Fernando de Noronha