Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Travel Answers

change location

Max Comfort & Fun with Kids?

by Pat&Vitor Online Now Feb 27, 2005 at 6:29 PM

We are considering going to Fernando de Noronha with our 7 and 11 year-old daughters on March 23rd for about a week. Where would you suggest we stay for maximum comfort and good food? Price is a secondary concern. Also, what is the weather like at the end of March? Is it rainy? Finally, what suggestions do you have about activities for young kids? They are snorkelers and good swimmers. (Sharks?) Is there an eco-tour guide you can recommend? We're new members...so thank you for your help. We look forward to being of help for other destinations...as we've travelled quite a bit. Warm wishes, Pat

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Max Comfort & Fun with Kids?

by henrysp Online Now Feb 27, 2005 at 7:28 PM

Maibe you're looking for bananas at an apple tree...
    Fernando de Noronha is an island that is territory of Pernambuco State. But, because it's an estrategic area, it's controlled by Brazilian Army. Since there are very restrict enviromental laws, nobody can built a big hotel there.
    All the hotels there are very simple and expensive for what they will offer to you.
    If you like comfort and good food stay in any resort located at Brazil's northeast continental coast (I would recommend Costa do Sauípe).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • edimarip's Profile Photo

RE: Max Comfort & Fun with Kids?

by edimarip Online Now Mar 2, 2005 at 12:20 AM

Hello Pat,
    I was a few days in Fernando de Noronha last January (with a cruise ship), and as it is a island far away from everything , you can imagine that there is not a lot of luxury. The main activity on the island is snorkling and diving and yes the beauty under water is marvelous.
    Other island trips are a buggy tour around the beaches and some boat tours with watching dolphins.

I did go by cruise ship as it was cheaper then booking a fligth and a hotel, so maybe you could consider the same, there were a lot of young kids on board also, so your kids would love it.
    When you need more infor about that cruise ship just ask me.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ilha de Fernando de Noronha