Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Travel Answers

change location

Diving Groups in Fernando de Noronha

by Donninha Online Now May 21, 2003 at 1:10 PM

Posted this a week ago, and had no replies. please please, i know lots of you have been here..........Will be departing for Fernando de Noronha in a weeks time and can't wait to get there! Please could I have advice from people who have been there, on which diving school to go with. I've seen quite a few but the two main contenders it seems, are Aguas Claras and Atlantis. Don't know if this would make any difference but both myself and my boyfriend have never dived before. Would also love to have any tips on specific beaches and tours to do . I hear that the marine turtles start to hatch around now! We are there for 6 days, so hopefully we'll be seeing most of the island. Any advice appreciated. Thank You

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • idb's Profile Photo

Re: Diving Groups in Fernando de Noronha

by idb Online Now May 22, 2003 at 8:20 AM

Hi, i have been there 3 years ago and I dived with Atlantis. I did know yhey have a good staf and they provide first dives. about tips : you will stay 6 days, enough to know all the island, including all the beaches. The best one, for me, is PRAIA DO SANCHO For turtles you shoul go to PRAIA DO SUESTE, where you can snorkel and see them F Noronha has also a station of TAMAR a project of reproduction and preservation of turtles on PRAIA DOS LEÕES, and if is time to hatch probably you can fix to watch there are many local people that can drive you around the island and also you can walk by yourself in the many trails they have You should also go to ATALAIA, natural pools, but you have to fix the visit in advanced, with the IBAMA , a federal organism of enviromental , they have an office where every nights they provide workshops (in Portuguese) about preservation, turtles, sharks, dolphins, etc i hope that help Ivo

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Alexa911's Profile Photo

Re: Diving Groups in Fernando de Noronha

by Alexa911 Online Now May 22, 2003 at 7:50 PM

Big article on Conde Nast Traveller US Magazine, which i just got yesterday, abut Fernando de Noronha. Basically, they suppot everything Ivo said. Best operations are Aguas Claras www.aguasclaras-fn.com.br or Atlantis Divers www.atlantisnoronha.com.br The article says Atlantis has slightly more comfortable boats! Getting around the island requires a dune buggy, which you can rent form "just about anyone",40-$55 per day. You need a tourist visa6 and upon arrival you have to pay an environmental tax. Recommended restaurants are Nascimento, Tartarugao and Ecologico. Websites are www.noronha-net and frommers.com/destinations/fe... forget to write a nice page about this when you get back!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ilha de Fernando de Noronha