Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Travel Answers

change location

Visiting Fernando de Noronha

by curiousglobe Online Now Feb 2, 2003 at 8:07 PM

I am visiting brazil from NY in March and want to visit the Fernando de Noronha archipeligo. I read in the guide that the government limits visitors to 420 at any time. Is there some office where I need to get permission or a permit to visit the island. If so, could anyone refer me to a website? I want to do this before I buy a plane ticket to the island. Also, our 2 week itinerary is Rio-Parati-Sao Paolo- Iguazu-Salavador-Recife-Olinda-Fernando and then back home. Is there anything anyone would recommend we try to squeeze into this itinerary, or is this good for a first visit to Brazil. I plan to come back to visit the pantanal and amazon at some point in the future.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mangueirense's Profile Photo

Re: Visiting Fernando de Noronha

by mangueirense Online Now Feb 6, 2003 at 2:12 PM

Hello, hey, I would skip Recife and also Sao Paulo from your itinerary, because you are from New York, so Sao Paulo will bring (in my opinion) no too much fun to you...there are some nice places, but it might be not very different to your hometown! I would also skip Recife and Olinda, because all this cities in 2 weeks is highly overloaded I think! I liked Olinda, but it is okay only for one day visit (not more) and Recife is only for 2 or 3 days,...better stay outside of this city, maybe Porto de Galinhas or something this way! Well, a fist time traveller to Brazil should see Rio de Janeiro (best time is to stay 5 days or around to know the most known attractions there) as well as the Iguacu falls which are wonderful (2 days there are enough!) From Rio I would go by bus to Paraty and then down to Foz,...then I would fly to Fernando de Noronha (which I haven't visited yet, but think 4-5 days are okay)..then heading to Salvador to stay the rest of time there! If you have further questions about Rio, Salvador or ana other place, please drop me an E Mail, okay? Greetings Evelyn

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mangueirense's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Visiting Fernando de Noronha

by mangueirense Online Now Feb 6, 2003 at 2:17 PM

Oh, I forgot: Yes, there is a tax you have to pay when you are going to Fernando de Noronha, but I think you will have to pay it only when you are there... The prices of the tax (do not know if this is actual price, but seems to be around this price so..) and attractions of this island you can see at following page: http://www.noronha.com.br/english/ Greetings Evelyn

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ilha de Fernando de Noronha