Ilha Grande

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• CRUISE TERMINAL

Rio de Janeiro Apr 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

IS THE NEW CRUISE TERMINAL COMPLETE AND FUNCTIONING ?

more
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Airport Customs and Immigration

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Flying London Heathrow to Vitoria (VIX) via Rio (GIG) with TAM. Does anyone know if I have to pick up my luggage and clear Customs at Rio or will it be at final destination ?

more
    • Gluten free restaurants around Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro Apr 17, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Can anyone give some names of restaurants around Rio that serve gluten free lunch and dinner?. I am going to Rio during the World Cup with wife and two children

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

Rio de Janeiro Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • DavidM184's Profile Photo

Daily Tours from Rio and return

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Can you advise what i should not miss/thank you. Dave

more
    • April visit to Ilha Grande

by algarvedave Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 8:13 AM

I am going to be in Brasil for 14 days over Easter and really want to go to Ilha Grande.
      Do I need to book accommodation in advance at this time of year?

3 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    • how to get to ilha grande from arraial do cabo

by hinddabb Online Now Nov 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM

im travelling alone and im planning on spending a week between buzios, arraial do cabo and ilha grande, are there ferries from arraial do cabo to ilha grande?

2 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    • Weather - the first 2 weeks in November

by wasty8 Online Now Oct 29, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Hello,

We are supposed to be staying on Ihla Grande from Tuesday 5th November 2013 for 9 days until the 14th.

But we are really worried by the weather reports we are seeing - all the reports indicate rain or thunder storms every day of our stay.

Are these reports accurate? Should we change our travel plans?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Ben & Emily.

2 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    • Where to stay on the island?

by alexander.s.schroede Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Hi,

I am a 23 and travelling alone. Where should I stay on the island if I want to do some partying?

1 Answer Oct 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM
    • CathyW11's Profile Photo

Best thing to do on island

by CathyW11 Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Hey guys only have a weekend on the island what shoulf we defo do?

1 Answer Sep 2, 2013 at 6:03 AM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

A nice place to stay? booking in advance??

by Saar123 Online Now May 21, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Hi,
      I am in Rio de Janeiro and would like to go to Ilha Grande next friday, the 24th of may 2013 until the 27th.
      I've been told that during weekends, it get's quite packed, and you need to book in advance;
      Since it is low season now, is this still recommended?

Also: Does anybody can recommend me a place to stay? I am in my 30's, single traveller, would like to meet nice people, but not be in a place full with party-people.

Thank you!!

Saar

1 Answer May 22, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    • SheenB's Profile Photo

Small Wedding Ceremony in Ilha Grande

by SheenB Online Now Jul 8, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Does anyone know of anyone who is able perform my wedding ceremony in english on the island?

1 Answer Jul 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    • travel to Ilha Grande

by yoderboy Online Now Nov 10, 2011 at 10:33 PM

What is the best way to travel from Rio to Ilha Grande?

2 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    • Shall we book accomodation in advance or when we arrive?

by TravellerLee Online Now Nov 6, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Hi All,

I will be in Ilha Grande in December for 3 nights. Would you recommend booking accomodation online in advance?

I have read that upon arrival there are many people offering accomodation. Is this a good idea to book from them? How much is it likely to cost and what is the accomodation like? Secure? Clean?

Also am i correct in thinking that most people stay in Abraao and take day excursions? Which excursions would you recommend?

Thanks for your help

1 Answer Nov 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    • camping en Ilha Grande

by Lulinha Online Now Oct 3, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Hola, que tal!
      Queria saber qué campings hay disponibles en la isla para acampar. Alguien sabe? Cuanto cuestan?

gracias!!!!

1 Answer Oct 5, 2011 at 10:10 PM
    • Does Anyone know how to get from Paraty to Ilha Grande?

by kadashar Online Now Apr 24, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Hi

I will be in Paraty for 2 days and then I will be making my way to Ilha Grande for 2 days, then on to RIO DE JANEIRO. Please can you tell me how to get from PARATY to ILHA GRANDE.

Thanks

2 Answers Apr 27, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    • Can someone recommend me how long to stay in Ilha Grande, how much it costs to get there, and hostel

by lizfairy Online Now Jan 20, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Yep can someone please recommend me a nice hostel?

5 Answers Oct 13, 2010 at 2:48 AM
    • Where to stay on Ilha Grande? Should I book now?

by she-ra Online Now Oct 15, 2009 at 3:24 AM

I am planning to spend a few days on Ilha Grande as part of a 3 week trip to Brazil in January. Is this a good time to visit the island? Will it be possible to find somewhere to stay at this busy time? Any tips would be much appreciated.
      Thanks

1 Answer Oct 15, 2009 at 4:56 AM
    • Ilha Grande in July

by sarahmac51 Online Now Jul 12, 2009 at 4:07 AM

I am planning on visiting ilha grande in the middle of july. can you tell me what to expect as far as weather goes, water temperature, and ocean conditions?where are the best snorkeling spots? also what are some recommendations for spots that must be seen? any additional info that you think would be useful as far as traveling to and from the island, etc. would be much appreciated. thanks!

2 Answers Jul 12, 2009 at 3:37 PM
    • abraao as a mess

by richardaxel Online Now Apr 19, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Stephen wrote there are two sources of water pollution that affect the beach in Abraao. Where exactly are they?
      Richard

1 Answer Apr 19, 2009 at 11:29 AM
    • weather and diving in mid to late November

by bwwlaw Online Now Feb 22, 2009 at 11:05 AM

We are looking at planning a trip to Ilha Grande during mid to late Nov 2009- what is the weather like then - is that too close to the rainy season? Our other option is early Sept.
      Is either better for diving? Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 Answers Feb 23, 2009 at 8:40 AM
    • Visiting Ilha Grande During February/March 09

by Gillanio Online Now Dec 29, 2008 at 3:02 AM

Hi all,
      one of my close friends visited Brazil about 2 years ago and highly recommended seeing Ilha Grande when I fly to South America in 2009.
      I plan to be in Brazil for February so I can experience carnival but after this I was wanted to either travel north to Reciefe or head over to Ilha Grande.

I really have three questions about Ilha Grande which I'm hoping you can help answer:

1). Will February/March be the peak season on Ilha Grande?
      2). Should I book accomadation before I arrive on Ilha Grande?
      3). If I chose to camp on the island can I hire out camping equipment or would I need to take this with me?

Many thanks in advance for any help received.

Andy

4 Answers Dec 30, 2008 at 3:23 AM
    • quick trip to ilha grande on xmas + 1 or 2 days

by dsldsl Online Now Dec 23, 2008 at 1:25 PM

I'm traveling to rio to meet friends for NYE and have 2 or 3 days to myself before they arrive. I would like to go to Ilha Grande for a few days and explore, and have a few qs:

- weather right now will suck and I shouldnt go or is OK and worth checking out anyway?

- do i need to call around and book a reservation now, or just show up? im looking for hostel style cheap accommodation. are the options listed on the ilhagrande tourism website the way to go?

- anyone have info on diving? i'd love to dive for a day if possible.

- if i only have 1 or 2 days/nights on the island, what should i be sure to do? i know, personal choice but please share opinions...

- THANK YOU THANK YOU!

dan

2 Answers Dec 24, 2008 at 5:37 AM
    • Weather in December in Ilha Grande

by annakukka Online Now Oct 6, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Hi,

Could anyone advise me about the weather conditions in Ihla Grande in December? Me and my boyfriend are planning to go to Rio & Ihla Grande in the middle of December. We are obvously looking for a beach holiday with lots of sun. How much does it rain in December over there (daily?) ? Is it still a good time to visit the island and get most out of it?

Anyone could recommend any "must" visit islands from Ilha Grande? How does it work to visit them from Ihla Grande? (boat trips?)

Thank you so much for your advice!!

2 Answers Oct 6, 2008 at 5:00 PM
    • evening arrival

by jaxhull Online Now Sep 5, 2008 at 7:53 AM

Can anyone tell me if it would be possible to arrive at Rio Galeano Airport around 5pm and still realistically get to Ilha Grande that evening by private car and boat. My feeling reading through the forum is that it would be better to head to Mangaratiba for the night and take the 8am ferry crossing? Appreciate any thoughts on this, costs of taking the private transport option and recommendations on overnight accommodation in Mangaratiba.

4 Answers Sep 6, 2008 at 6:19 AM
    • Visit to Ilha Grande - info please

by Jo_22 Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 3:46 AM

Hi there!

I am planning a trip to Ilha Grande in April 2008 and would really value some info from anyone who has visited - the more feedback , the better:
      - Have you had any problems with the 'wildlife' on the island - snakes etc?
      - Is there a medical facility on the island - hospital or doctors?
      - What about malaria and Denge fever - did you take malaria tablets? Any illness? What about upset stomachs?
      - What is the Pousada Naturalia like? Any other/better recommendations?
      - Have you been to Ilha Grande in April (start)? If so, how was the weather?
      - We are planning a few days in Rio on the way to Ilha Grande - any good recommendations? Any problems with crime?

Thanks loads in advance for your advice. All info on Ilha Grande welcome.

Jo.

4 Answers Apr 9, 2008 at 6:46 AM
    • enricopg's Profile Photo

Wanna join us in our boat trip to Ilha Grande? October 07

by enricopg Online Now Sep 15, 2007 at 6:50 AM

Hey VT-travellers!

Three friends and I are going to Ilha Grande 5 days, from October 8th until 12th.

We are going to rent a sailing boat to go there. We have two spots left in the boat. Anyone would like to join us in this amazing adventure?

Please contact me as soon as possible!

1 Answer Aug 26, 2008 at 10:06 AM
    • enricopg's Profile Photo

Renting a sailing boat

by enricopg Online Now Aug 25, 2007 at 10:19 AM

Hello VTMembers,

I'm planning on getting to Ilha Grande on October with some friends. My idea would be to rent a sailing boat in Angra dos Reis to sail to Ilha Grande and explore the island with the boat. I have the sailing license so I wouldn't need an extra man on board.

Could anyone give me advise on where to rent it? Please also tell me if you think it isn't a good idea.

Obrigado!

ENRIC

2 Answers Aug 27, 2007 at 7:32 AM
    • car1y's Profile Photo

day trip

by car1y Online Now Jul 26, 2007 at 7:57 AM

Can I visit Ilha Grande as a day trip from Rio de Janeiro, i.e. go early in the morning and return in the evening? If so, what bus/ferry can I take? Thank you!!

Carly

5 Answers Aug 7, 2007 at 7:52 PM
    • Life on Ilha Grande- Feedback from those who live on this wonderful island !!!

by TorontoGirl11 Online Now Jan 11, 2007 at 6:42 PM

Hello Everyone,

After spending 11 years in Toronto, Canada i have decided that it is time for a change. A couple of my friends and i are thinking about taking a year off to travel and of course we would like to spend most to all of our time on Ilha Grande.
      What are the possiblities of gaining work on the island ( if any)? When i was there in November i observed that there was ample accomodations so that shouldn't be a problem.
      What i really want to know is there a possiblity of teaching english or attaining any sort of job on the island? I have decided to enroll myself into Portuguese classes up here to get a head start.
      Please provide me your most honest feedback as i would like to know if my dream could become a reality.

Obrigada,
      TG 11

2 Answers Aug 28, 2009 at 11:40 PM
    • Getting into contact with someone on Ilha Grande, RJ

by TorontoGirl11 Online Now Jan 1, 2007 at 8:03 PM

Good morning,
      I have a quick question to ask..I recently visited Ilha Grande, RJ and absolutely loved it. Anyone who is interested in going it is worth the trip. I only spent 4 days there but it was worth it. If you have any questions i can help you.
      Whislt on the island, i met many people who all gave me their phone numbers. I am wondering would these numbers be mobiles or landlines? The reason i am asking is that i would like to send them a text as my Portugese is limited. Please advise.

Obrigada, TG 11

4 Answers Jan 3, 2007 at 12:07 PM
    • IIGUANA's Profile Photo

Where to sleep?

by IIGUANA Online Now Dec 21, 2006 at 10:58 AM

I'm helping out a friend who's looking for accomodation in Ilha Grande. Does anyone know of a nice place where I can book something?
      Thanks!

• accommodation in Ilha Grande

by animha Online Now Nov 22, 2006 at 6:23 AM

Hi, I would really appreciate your recommendations of where to stay in Ilha Grande? We are four girls who want some really nice chill out time on the beach, but would also like to be near restaurants etc. So any recommendations of houses to rent or hostels to stay in would be fab!

2 Answers Nov 24, 2006 at 5:35 AM
    • ad4msk1's Profile Photo

Rockclimbing in Ilha Grande

by ad4msk1 Online Now Sep 29, 2006 at 6:45 AM

I'm thinking of going to Ilha Grande in January 07.

I'm travelling with 2 friends, and we're really hoping to do some rockclimbing. Is it possible on Ilha Grande? If so, anyone know of any guides?

Thanks in advance!

PS. Você pode me escrever em portugês...

1 Answer Oct 7, 2006 at 6:45 PM
    • Nude Beaches

by triang Online Now Sep 7, 2006 at 12:44 PM

Is it possible to sunbathe nude on any of the beaches on Ilha Grande

1 Answer Sep 8, 2006 at 2:08 PM