Ilha Grande Travel Answers

change location

Ilha Grande in July

by sarahmac51 Online Now Jul 12, 2009 at 4:07 AM

I am planning on visiting ilha grande in the middle of july. can you tell me what to expect as far as weather goes, water temperature, and ocean conditions?where are the best snorkeling spots? also what are some recommendations for spots that must be seen? any additional info that you think would be useful as far as traveling to and from the island, etc. would be much appreciated. thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Ilha Grande in July

by cassiovieggore Online Now Jul 12, 2009 at 5:44 AM

Accommodation in Ilha Grande: Pousada Maria Bonita; Fazenda Paraiso do Sol.
    Snorkeling spots: Freguesia de Santana Leste, Sitio Forte, Vermelha, Ponta e Gruta do Acaiá, Ilha do Jorge, Praia dos Mangues, Ilha Pau a Pino.
    Ilha Grande is a ecological national spot. There are many trecks in the island availing treking and snorkeling. However the accommodations I registered to you may serve transportations to customers.
    For treking and sightseeing the spots are: Caxadaço, Pico da Pedra d'Agua, Pico do Papagaio, Provetá, Vila do Abraão, Saco do Ceu, Preta. You may find lighter round island sailing in Vila do Abraão. Vila do Abraão is also the most inhabited village. There you may find shoppings.

You may reach Ilha Grande by ferry. The departure docks are in Mangaratiba, Angra dos Reis or Rio de Janeiro(Conerj).
    Pousada Maria Bonita serve a schooner to sail. I am pasteing some interesting links to you:

saopaulo.angloinfo.com/weath...

Ilha Grande Sports & Outdoors

http://www.pmbonita.com.br/

Cassiovieggore

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ricky52's Profile Photo

Re: Ilha Grande in July

by ricky52 Online Now Jul 12, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Due to extreme climatic changes the World is experiencing at the moment, trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local, on the day variations.
    Most places now are seeing weather conditions well outside the norm.
    The information below should be used as a guide only.

Here is the average weather for Ilha Grande for this time of year.
    Enjoy your holiday.

July.
    High 76f / 24c
    Low 60f / 16c
    Rain 2.60in / 66.0mm
    Rain days 10
    Hours of sun 6
    Daylight hours 11
    UV level 5 = Moderate
    Humidity = None
    Sea temp 72f / 22c

Be the first to rate this answer!