Ilha Grande Travel Answers

change location

Weather in December in Ilha Grande

by annakukka Online Now Oct 6, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Hi,

Could anyone advise me about the weather conditions in Ihla Grande in December? Me and my boyfriend are planning to go to Rio & Ihla Grande in the middle of December. We are obvously looking for a beach holiday with lots of sun. How much does it rain in December over there (daily?) ? Is it still a good time to visit the island and get most out of it?

Anyone could recommend any "must" visit islands from Ilha Grande? How does it work to visit them from Ihla Grande? (boat trips?)

Thank you so much for your advice!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Porteno's Profile Photo

Re: Weather in December in Ilha Grande

by Porteno Online Now Oct 6, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Here is a link for the weather averages
    br.weather.com/weather/clima... and yes December is one of the wettest months at 211 mms of rain on average.

Not sure if you have this link or not but has very good information
    http://www.ilhagrande.com.ar/

suerte
    SAM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Weather in December in Ilha Grande

by cassiovieggore Online Now Oct 6, 2008 at 5:00 PM

The weather in Ilha Grande and Angra dos Reis shall be the same. Both towns are closer.

br.weather.com/weather/local...

The below link will show you how is weather in Angra now. You may be conscious on how will be next days weather in Angra. Average rainfall in Angra dos Reis is around 18cm during December. I think this is a lot of rain.

weather.uk.msn.com/monthly_a...

You may reach Ilha Grande by bus,ferry, car, boat or plane. I suggest you read the below link (portuguese) to understand which will be your proceedings.

ilhagrande.org/Como-chegar-I...

ilhagrande.org/Vila-do-Abraa...

The Ilha Grande musts are: Caxadaçu, Lagoa Azul, Lopes Mendes, Vila do Abraão, Pico do Papagaio, Saco do Ceu, Ponta e Gruta do Acaiá, .
    There are trails on Ilha Grande connecting the sites. I believe you will need some guides untill you feel the island is already known. Provetá is a evangelic community 6hours and 30minutes far walking in trails, for instance.
    Whole island is surrounded by beachs. You may choose the ones you will found out better...
    Enjoy Brazil!
    Cassiovieggore

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines