Ilfracombe Travel Answers

change location

Transport

by jeanward Online Now Apr 25, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Am shortly taking a short break at Ilfracombe, having never visited before. As traveling via train, I have a pick up from Barnstable to Ilfracombe on my outward journey but would like to know the best transport from Ilfracombe to Barnstable train station on my return. Thank you for any help.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Re: Transport

by Geoff_Wright Online Now Apr 25, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Hello,

I think your only options are either bus or, much more expensive, taxi (cab). Here is a link about local bus travel that you may find of some use. (Cut and paste into browser):

devon.gov.uk/bustrainguide-b...

Have a nice stay.

Geoff

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: Transport

by johngayton Online Now Apr 25, 2012 at 12:40 PM

There are regular buses between Ilfracombe town centre and Barnstaple Bus Station including the Stagecoach 21A, Filers Travel 301 and Devon & Cornwall service #3. The journey time is about 50 minutes.

From Barnstaple Bus Station you can either wait for another bus service to the rail station or just walk - it's about 10 minutes over the long bridge.

For timings use www.travelinesw.com and enter your date and time in the journey planner and it'll give you the available options. It is quite a scenic bus journey BTW.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines