change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• susanne1's Profile Photo

What is the best way to get to Antibes from Dresden

Antibes Apr 19, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Can you help by telling me the best way to get to Antibes and if flying to Nice is better than getting to Cannes first?

more
    • silvia1700's Profile Photo

Lockers in theCagnes-sur-Mer train station

Cagnes-sur-Mer Apr 28, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Does anyone know if there are luggage lockers in theCagnes-sur-Mer train station? Thanks

more
    • How far is it from the Joliette district to the old town when walking?

Marseille Apr 19, 2015 at 6:25 AM

We are due to stay at the Suite novotel in Joliette area. Is it far to walk to the old port and what is the public transport like?

more
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Visiting the calanques

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Apr 29, 2015 at 11:44 PM

What is the best way to visit the calanques if you're NOT based in Marseilles? Will be travelling from Carcassonne to Nice. Is it practical to stop off at Cassis and do a boat trip or hike out to the calanques?

Any advice on best calanque to visit, best hike, best boat tour?

Thanks!

more
    • bus stop in cannes france

Cannes May 2, 2015 at 12:39 AM

i will be coming from nice airport on the express bus, i will be staying in an apartment in rue foch can any help me with the nearest bus stop for me thanks

more
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Best perched villages

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Apr 29, 2015 at 11:36 PM

Bonjour! Any suggestions on the "best" villages-perchés within convenient driving distance of Nice / Cannes?

By "best" I mean: very scenic, scenically located (panoramic views), good lunch options (perhaps restaurant with view; or good charcuterie / boulangerie), historically or culturally interesting.

Ones that appear to fit the bill are: (roughly east of Nice) Eze, La Turbie, Peillon and Luceram, (roughly west of Nice) Le Broc, Biot, St Paul de Vence, Tourettes-sur-Loup and Gourdon. Any comments re these, or ones I've missed?

Time-wise, (and driving either up or down the coast) how many perched villages would it be sensible to visit in one day?

Any practical advice re visiting perched villages?

Merci!

more
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

Diet food restaurant – any chance?

Nice Apr 21, 2015 at 5:29 AM

Don’t laugh, I surely realize that Provence is not the right place for pale rice, boiled chicken / beef or potatoes without any sauce or spices )))
      But if this is what one’s pancreas is confined to, doing the cooking oneself in one’s own holiday time is adding insult to injury quite literally.
      The question is: if I step into a not-so-posh family restaurant, will they be willing to disregard their menu and just make the above-mentioned prescribed meal?
      And: can anyone recommend any such friendly family restaurant / café on the stretch between Notre-Dame and the beach?
      I may try to drop at La Maison de Marie: "A VT member asked for advice on food" - Nice Restaurant Tip by Muscovite - I used to rent a flat from the owner, but I can imagine how much they would charge for those potatoes…
      Takeaway would solve the budget problem, but I rather doubt all those Asian places would make food to order, I have a feeling sauces are the core of their cuisine (I am no connoisseur, though).
      Thanks for advice!

more
    • Marseilles vs Arles

Arles Apr 18, 2015 at 12:40 AM

Hi
      My sister and I will be in the area the end of August. We haven't been to Europe before so it will all be new. I've read some reviews on both - the high crime rate seems to be a concern with Marseilles. Which would be better to stay at do you think?
      Thank you very much in advance :)

more
    • bus from St Raphael to St Tropez or boat from Nice to St Tropez

Saint-Tropez Apr 27, 2015 at 5:47 PM

Hi planning trip Sunday 5/7/15 from Nice to St Tropez. i thought i could get:
      - train to St Raphael and then connect bus to St Tropez and then thought i could return
      -bus from St Tropez to St Raphael, then train stopping at Cannes and Antibes (dinner in Antibes) then back to Nice

Can someone can help me find English timetable for bus from St Raphael to St Tropez.
      Also can i get off and on the Train Express Regional #81219 heading back to Nice or is this express?
      Would also consider boat from Nice to St Tropez and train back stopping at Cannes and Antibes (dinner in Antibes) then back to Nice if this is available?

more
    • 4 day Provence Itinerary

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Yesterday

Hello,

My husband and I (both early 30's) Have 4 full days (Tues-Sat) in Provence and will be staying in Maubec with a car. We have never been and I am feeling overwhelmed by all of the places to see. I think we want to go to: Marseille & Cassis, Arles, Avignon, Lourmarin, St Remy, Gordes, L'isle sur la Sorgue. We would love to visit markets and find beautiful places to picnic, and maybe do some light hiking. I read Pont du Gard is a nice place to go, and maybe Gorges du Verdon but it looks like It might be too far. Which of these places can we bundle together and see in one day and do any need a full day? Any specific activities worth booking? The only thing scheduled so far is a Truffle Hunting tour for a couple hours Wednesday evening. We don't want to fill our schedule up too much, and want to make sure there is plenty of time to just enjoy the beauty around us so if we need to remove any of these places which do we cut out?

Thanks so much for your help!

Nicole

more
    • PALLINA's Profile Photo

How to visit Porquerolles

by PALLINA Online Now Apr 4, 2010 at 1:05 PM

I am planning to visit Porquerolles next July. Is a one day trip from Hyries enough? Once on the island, which is the best way to travel since private cars are not allowed? Since accomodations there are few and very expensive, is Hyries the best place where to stay?

2 Answers Apr 4, 2010 at 9:26 PM