Ile de Jerba Travel Answers

change location

Djerba-Tozeur

by joziane Online Now Nov 17, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Someone have any idea how to travel from Tozeur to Djerba? I am planning to be there in March 2008 for 2 weeks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Kevin-UK's Profile Photo

Re: Djerba-Tozeur

by Kevin-UK Online Now Nov 18, 2007 at 11:29 AM

Having driven that last year I can tell you that it is a good long day of driving. I thought that both had a airport, could you not get an internal flight.
    Your post is a little vague. Do you live in Tozeur and want to travel to Djerba for 2 weeks, or are you in Tunisia for 2 weeks, wishing to travel. Your profile doesn't give much away, so it is hard to work out what you want to know.
    If travelling by Louage I think a break on the way, maybe Douz or Kebili, for an overnight stop.
    K

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Nov 18, 2007 at 12:27 PM

March is not season for the beach in Djerba, I hope you know. :-)

• maykal's Profile Photo

by maykal Online Now Nov 20, 2007 at 7:02 AM

If you're taking public transport, then louages are best. From Tozeur, there probably won't be a direct louage to Djerba...and if there is, you may have to wait ages for it to fill up. However, from Tozeur, there are plenty louages heading to Gabes (if not, take one to Kebili and change), where you can connect to a louage for Houmt Souk, the main town in Djerba. It would be a full day travelling though, and you may end up needing to break your journey somewhere on the way.

Hope this helps
    Maykal

• Jesperp's Profile Photo

by Jesperp Online Now Jan 22, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Hi!
    Various sorts of public transport in Tunisia: tunisia.com/Tunisia/Travel/T...

Louages:
    Then there are Louages, they are like the taxi, but between the larger areas, a louage is a large car of 8 seats including the driver, available all the times, they are not expensive (3dinars and half between Tunis and Bizerte for example).

Regards Jesper

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ile de Jerba