Ile de Jerba Travel Answers

change location

First time in Tunisia - any hints and Tips very welcome!!

by clairebev Online Now Jan 10, 2007 at 7:30 AM

Hi There,

Although most of my questions have been answered now by reading the tips on here, as it will be our first trip to Tunisia does anyone have any particular tips to share?
It is a family of 4 going, my bro and I are 26 and 31 and we are all looking for lots of culture but in particular I had hoped to do some snorkelling.
We are going for 1 week to Djerba from 10th March and staying in the Mirimar Palace.

are there any places edspecially good for snorkelling on Djerba?
Is Tunisia/ Djerba anything like Turkey for those who have been to Turkey? The comments I have read about covering up make me think so because Turkey is also well known for male attention to females.
I am looking forward to trying local food - what is it like?
What boat trips are on offer - I heard about a dolphon spotting one?

I will leave it at this for now but any hints or tips would be greatfully received!!!

Thanks all
Claire

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • TheLongTone's Profile Photo

RE: First time in Tunisia - any hints and Tips very welcome!!

by TheLongTone Online Now Jan 10, 2007 at 4:52 PM

Just come back from tunisia... cant help ydjerba/snorkelling questions but foodwise... I don't think Tunisian cuisine is the most exciting in the world, coucous, meat stews & lots of spit-roasted chicken but I ate well there. The french have left a restaurant culture as a legacy of the colonial past. They know how to cook seafood.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ile de Jerba