Travel Answers
Île Saint-Barthélemy

change location
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Getting around - taxi tour or?

by grandmaR Online Now Aug 13, 2012 at 2:47 PM

We are going to be in St. Barth's from 8 am to 3 pm on a cruise ship. I normally use a scooter to get around but can walk short distances. I understand the terrain is pretty steep. How much trouble would I have do you think? My scooter breaks down into 5 pieces and can be put in the trunk of a car.

There are a number of things I'd like to do there. One of them is to take photos in some of the cemeteries. In most places it is possible to hire a cab to take you around for several hours. Could we do that? How much would it be? A one hour island overview from the ship would be65.00 each (for two people). I'd like to think I could do at least that well and for longer and maybe visit the museum.

I'd also like to snorkel but the snorkeling trip is110.00 each.

1 Answer May 21, 2013 at 1:03 PM
  • Getting to St. Barth's from Anguilla?

by aaminian Online Now Mar 23, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Hi all! Can anybody tell me the best / most cost effective way to get from Anguilla to St. Barth's? I looked at the Anguilla Air Services website, but200/person seems like a lot. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM
  • europalover's Profile Photo

st. barths accomodation for the budget minded

by europalover Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 10:40 PM

i'm planning to go to st. barths for a quick 3 night vacation from nyc and need advice on the cheapest way to ge tthere from st. maarten/martin and a nice hotel close to the beach and activities. thanks so much!

2 Answers May 15, 2008 at 3:24 PM
  • Private Tour Guides/Taxis

by Lu7149 Online Now Sep 4, 2007 at 12:24 PM

My husband and I will be arriving in St. Bart's in January aboard the Quest. We are interested in touring the island with a private guide or hiring an English speaking taxi driver to show us the island. Any one know of a tour guide or have info on the cost and availability of taxis? Thanks, Lu

8 Answers Nov 9, 2007 at 12:24 PM
  • mattdoc's Profile Photo

daytrip

by mattdoc Online Now Apr 18, 2007 at 10:31 AM

Any ideas what to do for a day trip from St.Martin?

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Nightlife in St. Barth's

by Geisha_Girl Online Now Jan 6, 2007 at 3:51 PM

Hello,

We're in the midst of booking accomodations on the island but wanted to find out first the most centrally located area to stay. Something close to all the shops, restaurants, and clubs would be great! Is Gustavia the area we should be staying in?

Also, is renting a car necessary here?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks,

G_G

• jbel2879's Profile Photo

St. Barths in July?

by jbel2879 Online Now Jul 27, 2006 at 11:33 AM

Considering St. Barth's for honeymoon starting July 2 next year. What do you all think - too risky? Too close to hurrican season? Or do hurricanes start later?

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 29, 2006 at 8:36 AM
  • Tony&Cheri's Profile Photo

Places to stay on St. Barths

by Tony&Cheri Online Now Mar 17, 2006 at 10:06 AM

We visit St. Martin every year but would like to relax afterwards on St. Barths for an extra 4 or 5 days this time. Eden Roc would be our first choice of hotels of course but does anybody have a favorite place they have stayed at on the island?

Looking for a quiet, small hotel that may have a summer special rate as we are going in July.

Thanks

Tony & Cheri

2 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM
  • Free St Barth Newsletter

by candeesb Online Now Feb 15, 2006 at 7:45 AM

I am an American who has been living on St Barth for about 1 1/2 years. I've just started a short newsletter regarding what's happening on St Barth. If you would like to subscribe to this, please send me your email address at candeesb@vtmail.com. This is a free newsletter, containing approximately 5-6 short articles with photos, that I plan to publish every two weeks. If you are interested, I will email you a copy.

• nicolettart's Profile Photo

VTers' Opinions on St. Barth's?

by nicolettart Online Now Jul 2, 2004 at 1:44 PM

Have any VTers out there been to St. Barth's? Looking for your thoughts! Nicoletta

8 Answers Apr 26, 2008 at 5:29 PM
  • nicolettart's Profile Photo

Snorkeling in St. Barth's

by nicolettart Online Now Aug 14, 2003 at 5:40 PM

Can someone provide snorkeling, beach activities, or cultural info on this island? I'm considering going at Christmastime. Thanks! Nicoletta

3 Answers Aug 15, 2003 at 6:02 AM