Iguassu

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel warnings?

Cuiabá Apr 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Are there any safety concerns when visiting Cuiaba?

more
    • current info. Website is 2008

Manaus Apr 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Has anyone made the trip recently from Manaus to guayana city.
      Also any knowledge about flights from Manaus to same or caracus without having to go back to Sao Paulo or Panama city.
      Help would be appreciated.

more
    • CRUISE TERMINAL

Rio de Janeiro Apr 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

IS THE NEW CRUISE TERMINAL COMPLETE AND FUNCTIONING ?

more
    • Tara2001's Profile Photo

Salvador, is it best to stay in the Pelourinho? Any hostel recommendations?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Hi all,

I'm visiting Salvador for 3 nights in April and was wondering if the Pelourinho is the best area to stay in? I am looking to stay in a hostel that is safe and secure, but also sociable where I can meet likeminded solo travellers. Any suggestions??

more

Anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Hi guys,

Is anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April that would want to meet up and do some sight seeing etc? Get in touch! :)

more
    • Getting there from Campo Grande

Foz do Iguaçu Apr 17, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Just wondering what is the quickest and easiest way to get to Foz do Iguacu from Campo Grande Matto Grosso do Sul in Brazil. It all seems very complicated.

If someone has a simple-ish solution could you please let me know.

Thanks

more
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Airport Customs and Immigration

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Flying London Heathrow to Vitoria (VIX) via Rio (GIG) with TAM. Does anyone know if I have to pick up my luggage and clear Customs at Rio or will it be at final destination ?

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

São Paulo Apr 7, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • Travel with BUS from Natal to Salvador in Brazil

Natal Apr 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I need to travel from Natal, RN to Salvador Bahia by BUS, anyone know what Bus company I can buy ticket to travel to Salvador?

more
    • Gluten free restaurants around Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro Yesterday

Can anyone give some names of restaurants around Rio that serve gluten free lunch and dinner?. I am going to Rio during the World Cup with wife and two children

more
    • Travelling Pantanal

Pantanal Apr 9, 2014 at 3:11 AM

How can i travel Pantanal without tying myself to a 4-5 day tour? I want to make it flexible and yet be able to do everything. Is it possible to do this independently?

more
    • Two days in Argentina

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 31, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I am travelling to see the falls in June. I would like to spend 2 days exploring the Argentina side and a day and a half on the Brazilian side. I am flying into Foz do Iguacu. Would you recommend I stay in Brazil and travel to Argentina each day. Or should I stay in Argentina overnight?

more
    • Currency exchange at the Crossover

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Is there an exchange at the border after you enter Argentina? After seeing the Brazilian National Park, we are heading for the Argentina National Park and the Sheraton. We'll need pesos to pay to get into the park.

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

Rio de Janeiro Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • eversure's Profile Photo

Taxi or airport bus?

Sao Paulo Mar 24, 2014 at 6:20 AM

We are a family of 5 (parents with 3 teenagers). We need to get from GRU to Congonhas. Will it be more convenient to take airport taxi or airport bus? In most places we have gone to, the individual cost for the bus is sometimes just the same as for a taxi and the taxi seems to be quicker. Thanks.

more

Visa's and volunteering (I'm British)

Brazil Apr 15, 2014 at 8:28 AM

I'm hoping to go and volunteer in Rio, working in a youth hostel for a few months. I understand I can do this on a normal 90 day visa, is that right?

And also, how many days do I need to leave the country before I can return on another 90 day visa?

more
    • DavidM184's Profile Photo

Daily Tours from Rio and return

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Can you advise what i should not miss/thank you. Dave

more
    • Is it really $160 to see the Argentinian side of the falls when staying on the Brazil side?

by LynetteMarie Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 12:46 PM

I've read that as of Jan. 2013 U.S. passport holders must now pay $160 for a transit pass to visit the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls from the Brazil side. This seems extremely expensive for one day of walking and exploring across the border to then return to lodging on the Brazilian side. Is this correct? Is there a National Park Pass or tour which avoids this?

2 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 2:12 PM
    • Naramata's Profile Photo

Iguazu Falls, Argentina Taxi or Bus?

by Naramata Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 5:45 PM

We will be arriving at IGR(Argentinian airport) at 09:15 and plan on spending the day seeing the Argentinian side of the falls for most of the day. We will store our luggage at the entrance to the park. We will then travel across the border to Foz do Iguaçu, where our accommodations are. My question is: what is the best way to get from IGR to the park entrance? Then, what is our best way to cross to Brazil at the end of the day? What cost can we expect for any service recommended? We already have our Brazilian Visas.
      Thanks for any responses.

6 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 8:46 PM
    • hotel das cataratas

by alan61 Online Now Jun 7, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Hi
      Me and my son will be at falls in april 2014 for 2 nights and would really love to stay at hotel das cataratas but it is so expensive,any ideas to save money.I have been looking on hotel website direct and seems the cheapest way R$711 a night plus taxes but that is paying now in full..Any advice would be great.Plus we will be there 2 half days and 1 full days so any excursions recommended would be good.

Many thanks
      Alan

7 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 4:38 PM
    • gambit187's Profile Photo

Help on cost and how to get there!

by gambit187 Online Now Oct 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Hi

Me and wife landing IGR airport (Argentinian side therefore) at 11.30 am from EZE (BA)

We are staying two nights.
      We have not booked accommodation yet but will be cheap - maybe a hostel or apartment. We think we should book in Puerto Iguazu (Arg side).

We wish to see both sides.

1) So do we stay in Argentina side and find room there first question?

2) Then can we go from here to see Brazil side on first day after landing straight away because people say it can be seen half day?

3) How do we get to Brazil side and how much will it cost and how long will it take to get there in taxi or bus?

4) How much will it cost to enter the park for Brazil side?

Second day we see Argentina side.

5) Again how do we get there how much will it cost and how long will it take to get there in taxi or bus?

6) How much will it cost to enter the park for full day?

We leave Iguazu from IGU NOT IGR because we go to Rio and flight is 3 times cheaper.

7) How do we got to IGU from Puerto Iguazu (Arg side) and how much will it cost and how long will it take by bus or taxi. (Flight is 9.30 am and we have to check in 7.30).

Please help I would love all of your advice.

Thank you so much.

13 Answers Jan 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    • darrensunley's Profile Photo

Which country to stay in...??

by darrensunley Online Now Dec 20, 2011 at 7:52 AM

Hi,

I am due to be doing a family trip to South America at the end of Feb 2012 and we are planning to visit the Iguassu Falls area. However, whilst I definitely want to see the falls from both sides and see the Itapu dam, I am wondering if someone could recommend where it would be best to stay?

I've heard that Ciudad Del Este is not a particularly nice place, but assumed that I'd need to stay here at least one night to make it easy to go and see the dam - but now I believe it is possible to do this from the Brazilian side too (thus meaning there'd be no need to stay in CdE)... is this true?

Also, is it worth trying to stay in just one place and do all of the sightseeing and waterfall viewing from that place as a base.... or is it worth splitting our time between Foz do Iguazu and Puerto Iguazu just in order to (a) see both places and/or (b) make it easier to visit certain things?

Finally, can anyone recommend either any places to stay in these towns or any other worthwhile sightseeing activities other than the dam and the falls?

Thanks in advance,
      Darren

10 Answers Dec 21, 2011 at 6:26 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

How to visit Iguazu Falls, what to see/do in a day, and how?

by swdke Online Now Dec 14, 2011 at 7:29 AM

I wish to visit Iguazu Falls, will be arriving IGU airport in the late afternoon, hoping to stay at the Sheraton, and will be there two nights. This leaves one full day for visiting Iguazu Falls.

1st: I assume it's easy to take a taxi to the Sheraton from IGU? I've read here on FT that it shouldn't be a problem, correct?

2nd: I'd like to see and do as much as possible in my one full day, what is recommended to see and do it all? I'd like to visit both sides, Brazil and the Argentina sides. Are there recommended tours? Do I pre-book such tours in advance? What should I not miss? I read some say it's best to see the Brazil side in the morning. If I stay at the Sheraton, how do I get to the Brazil side, and can I return to see the Argentina side? Basically, how can I see everything in a day?

All information is greatly appreciated, thanks!

20 Answers Dec 19, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    • walking from Argentina to Brazil Side of the Falls

by cappearl Online Now Aug 18, 2011 at 8:36 PM

We are staying at the Sheraton at the Falls in November and would like to visit both sides... is it a reasonable walk from the Argentina side to the Brazilian... or will it require a cab or somesort of transporation ? ? I was told that we do not need a tour it can be done on our own; however I have been trying to find a walking map of the falls and connot seem to find one .... any suggestions ? ?

2 Answers Aug 19, 2011 at 6:52 AM
    • travel from argentina to brasil

by derlyclarke Online Now Feb 3, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I am arriving at the Iguassu international airport in Argentina but planning to stay at a hotel in Brasil near the falls.
      Can someone pls tell me if any taxi or what type of transportation is available from the airport in Iguassu Argentina side to the falls in Brasil?
      Price?
      thanks a lot!

1 Answer Feb 4, 2011 at 3:30 AM
    • Hotels in Iguassu (Also question on trip to Paraguay)

by grumpus Online Now Jun 25, 2008 at 7:32 AM

HI all,
      my wife and I and a colleague are looking for a comfortable hotel ($50 to80 a night) near (within a couple of kilometers) the Mabu Thermas and Resort in Foz do Iguassu. We'll be there the first week of August for 6 days (is this high season for tourists within Brazil?).

While there we want to spend a day or two traveling in Paraguay. How long is the trip by bus to Asuncion from Foz do Iguasssu?

saludos,
      Grumpus

6 Answers Jun 29, 2008 at 6:22 PM
    • Walk Around Iguassu Falls

by tango123 Online Now Sep 5, 2005 at 2:35 PM

I remember reading an article saying that the walk around Iguassu Falls is strenous. Can anyone comment on this?

5 Answers Feb 18, 2009 at 6:28 AM