Ieper

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Planning Bicycle Trips Around Brugge

Brugge Apr 18, 2014 at 6:39 AM

Would like to plan 3 days of "bicycle loop" trips from Brugge to the countryside and return.. with each trip being around 40 to 60 KM. I found a great route planning tool on the web but its all in flemish. Happy to pay somone to help me "map out the routes" but would prefer not to be in an organized tour per se. Suggestions welcome!!!

more
    • Bus or Coach Tour from Amsterdam to Brugge

Brugge Apr 1, 2014 at 5:43 AM

We are going to be in Amsterdam in May and would like to take a day trip to Brugge. Could someone recommend a coach tour

more
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Frequency of trains from Brugge to Lille

Brugge Apr 3, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Hello,

I will be visiting Bruges end Sept and will head on to Lille after that. Just wondering, are there frequent trains to Lille from Bruges? And should i pre-book tickets online?

Thanks!

more
    • Transportation to Brugge

by harrycanton Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 12:55 PM

What kind of transportation is there between Ieper and Brugge and where do I get the schedules.

7 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 1:14 AM
    • breughel's Profile Photo

Asking for reviews on the CENTENARY COMMEMORATION OF WW I, IEPER.

by breughel Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I'm pleased to announce that Barbara from VT has now opened a new tip group
      "CENTENARY COMMEMORATION OF WW I, IEPER".
      It would be appreciated that those who wrote a comment on this forum or a review on Ieper "Favorites" about members of their family who fought in Flanders Fields (or other parts of Belgium or North of France) would write or rewrite it under the new group "things to do" group 21 "Centenary Commemoration of WW I".

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 2:32 AM
    • anzac cematary.

by biffo296 Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 8:22 AM

can you please help ? we have visited leper many many times , the first time new to the area we drove in just before dawn - they were just setting the market up - we drove just outside for a sandwich ?? and found a ANZAC cematary small 50/60 ??? graves in an heavenly position - could you please give me an idea as to where it is? we would love to find it again.

best regards tony smith.

3 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 11:41 AM
    • anzac cematary.

by biffo296 Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 6:45 AM

can you please help ? we have visited leper many many times , the first time new to the area we drove in just before dawn - they were just setting the market up - we drove just outside for a sandwich ?? and found a ANZAC cematary small 50/60 ??? graves in an heavenly position - could you please give me an idea as to where it is? we would love to find it again.

best regards tony smith.

17 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 12:03 PM
    • Ieper to Brussels

by philrob Online Now Dec 22, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Can I get a bus or a train from Ieper to Brussels?
      If so, can you give me an idea of timings, please?

3 Answers Dec 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM
    • contact in St Georges Church Ypres to request a brass memorial plaque

by elizabarbara Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I visited St Georges Church Ypres in September this year and would like to request a brass plaque to my Uncle, killed in 1917 at St Julian near Ypres.

Who do I contact at the Church please.

Thank you

Barbara Evans

2 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    • route choice

by condomama Online Now Oct 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Some final thoughts from viewers would be appreciated before we settle on our routing: from Avignon to Leper, would you personally choose to fly or take the train; would you go into Lille or would you prefer to go into Brussels and what would be your reasons one over the other city? I think there is a station change at Kortrijk from Brussels for all trains, is that correct? We have already been given excellent advice about renting a car. If we decide to rent a car from either Lille or Brussels, which of these large cities might be the easiest to exit? Even though we're coming from (right-hand-drive) Canada, we've never driven in Europe before so traffic congestion is a concern. I've got several questions here, so thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

19 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    • renting a car in Leper

by condomama Online Now Oct 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM

My husband and I are travelling to France and Belgium next year. Is picking up a car rental something that can wait until we arrive in Leper, or should we arrange it from home (Canada) prior to our departure? We'd stay and walk in the town, and only want the car to go to a great uncle's cemetery at Railway Dugouts, see some other interesting things of interest related to the First World War in the Leper area, perhaps take a drive up to the coast and back, and if the advice was encouraging, get bold and perhaps go down to Thiepval where another great uncle is memorialized. Thank you in advance for your advice.

7 Answers Oct 17, 2013 at 9:42 AM
    • Travel from Ypres to Paris

by Melbournegirl11 Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I need to travel from Ypres to Paris on Thurs Nov 7th 2013. Can you please tell me the easiest and most direct route from Ypres. Also what time would I have to leave Ypres in order to get a train connection via Kortrijk to Lille and then TGV to Paris that would have me in Paris at about3 pm

2 Answers Sep 10, 2013 at 6:35 AM
    • JackW34's Profile Photo

Shop selling Wellies

by JackW34 Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM

my son is going on a volunteering camp near Ieper.

he has come straight from a piano course in the south of france, and has only just

received the list of what to bring to the camp and does not have the required "farm boots"
      is there a shop in the town that would sell not too expensive wellies?

3 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM
    • Public transport Calais/Ieper

by gyillmard Online Now Oct 24, 2011 at 8:55 AM

What is the best way to get by Public transport from Calais to Ieper and what does it cost? Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 24, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    • Travel from Ieper (Ypres) to Lille

by PeterB2011 Online Now Jun 18, 2011 at 2:16 AM

I wish to travel from Ieper to Lille in order to catch a train from Lille to Charles de Gaulle Airport. My train departs at around 8.40from Lille.
      Can you tell me if there is transport available from Ypres )Ieper) at a time to get me to the Lille Station on time?

Cheers

Peter

3 Answers Jun 19, 2011 at 11:08 PM
    • Need help getting to Ieper - have two options and need advice please

by christina.hunt Online Now Feb 28, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Hi, I have two options to visit Ieper and I need advice. First option is to go from London for a full day only (I.e. 5am-10pm etc). I will be in London for 4 days in May and thought about taking a full day to do this but come back late at night as I've already booked and paid for accom in London. Whats the best method of travel for a day trip - train/ fly??

Second option is to go from Brugge as this is the last stop of a tour I'm doing in June, but they can't guarantee what time we'll arrive in Brugge. I know there are trains to Ieper but i cant book anything until that day. I can stay overnight in Ieper however the next day I depart London at 4pm for New York and am worried about missing my flight if trains are delayed etc.

Advantage of the first option is theres no worry about my flight in June, however I would miss out on the last post in Ieper unless there's a super late train from Ieper to kortrijk to Lille to London etc ... And then the second option's advantage is I can stay overnight but don't know what time I'll get there on the day depending on my tour plus making sure I get on a train to be back in London by midday next day.

So confused and stuck on which option to take, please help! Thank you :)

2 Answers Mar 1, 2011 at 3:17 PM
    • From Ieper to Nieuwpoort by bus or train

by kanga717 Online Now Nov 22, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I will be in Ieper during the first week in December and was wondering how to find out if I can get to Nieuwpoort by bus or tain and return in the one day.
      Many thanks

3 Answers Nov 28, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    • Camping in ieper

by tangojoe Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Does any one know of a good camp site or farm that would take a group of motorcyclists

1 Answer Jun 14, 2010 at 1:31 PM
    • last post to last train

by rjjj Online Now Jun 11, 2010 at 12:52 AM

will be at Menin Gate for the last post at 8pm (Mid June). Have a driver to drop me off at Lille train station for the last train to paris at 10pm. Do I have enough time?

Thanks

1 Answer Jun 11, 2010 at 12:58 AM
    • Characters at the Ypres Museum

by sharonmcauley Online Now Jan 2, 2010 at 12:59 PM

My family and I attended the museum in Feb 2009. My daughter had the character of 'Maria Desaegher. I can not find any information about her on the website. We think that she wrote a book after the war called 'I never heard the war' We have been trying to get hold of the book at various book shops, but may have got the title wrong. Can anyone throw any light on this? Thank you

1 Answer Jan 2, 2010 at 1:55 PM
    • taxi prices

by picardy2 Online Now Oct 25, 2008 at 7:18 AM

hello,
      does anyone know how much a taxi would cost from leper to dunkirk on the 11th of november. we would like to go about 2100.

thankyou.

picardy2

1 Answer Oct 25, 2008 at 8:37 AM
    • Flanders fields site

by britney2525 Online Now May 16, 2008 at 4:07 AM

Ok, I know a decent amount about both world wars. And I have been living in Germany with my husband whos in the US Army. Since I am Canadian...naturally Flanders is a place I want to see before I leave here in July. Heres is my question....I have looked all over the internet, but I cant find a site that says anything about visiting the actual fields that are talked about in the poem. I really want to see the area in which the poem was created. Is that even known? Is there a site for that? Please let me know asap, as we want to leave this following weekend. Also, I know there is the Tyne Cot Cemetery... How far is that from Flanders? Is there any other recommended sites to see. Keep note that I am only interested in war memorials and such. Thank you for your time and effort

4 Answers May 25, 2008 at 1:33 AM
    • Zillebeke, Belgium

by celiaellis Online Now Oct 1, 2007 at 9:44 AM

Is there a bus from Leper to Zillebeke, please?
      Thank you, Celia Ellis

2 Answers Oct 1, 2007 at 11:31 AM
    • Zillebeek

by celiaellis Online Now Oct 1, 2007 at 9:41 AM

Is there a train from Leper to Zillebeke please.

1 Answer Oct 1, 2007 at 11:51 AM
    • flanders field museum

by jennifer12345 Online Now Feb 5, 2007 at 3:52 PM

can you tell me if the flanders field museum is open on the 12th and 13th of febuary because i would like to visit it on those dates thank you

3 Answers Feb 6, 2007 at 12:22 PM
    • houso44's Profile Photo

camping

by houso44 Online Now May 13, 2005 at 12:37 PM

Can anyone tell me where the camping ground is near Ieper?
      Is it walkable to town? 10-15 min
      Thanks
      Ian from Australia

3 Answers May 17, 2005 at 7:12 PM