Ieper Travel Answers

change location

Public transport Calais/Ieper

by gyillmard Online Now Oct 24, 2011 at 8:55 AM

What is the best way to get by Public transport from Calais to Ieper and what does it cost? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Public transport Calais/Ieper

by leics Online Now Oct 24, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I have not made this particular journey myself but....

You can find train times and details for almost all European trains in English here:

bahn.com/i/view/overseas/en/...

Journey takes from around 2 hours, with two changes in Lille and Kortrijk

The fare is a bit complex, as the journey includes a segment outside France. You can find the Calais>Kortrijk ('Courtrai' in French) the French language version of SNCF:

voyages-sncf.com/billet-trai...

Don't choose English, because you will be taken to Raileurope, a ticketing agency...the fare quoted there is not the fare you will pay at the station, ad not all departures are listed.

Search for your route/date/time and then click 'reservez' to find the fare. Calais > Kortrijk costs from 22.90 euro (depending on departure time)

You can find fares for Kortrijk> Ieper on the Belgian railway website in English:

http://www.b-rail.be/main/E/

It's 4.80 euro, so I think the total fare will be somewhere around 28-30 euro.

I have not been able to find a viable bus alternative. Hopefully another VT-er will be able to advise....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: Public transport Calais/Ieper

by gwened Online Now Oct 24, 2011 at 11:44 AM

dont use public transport and you have all the sites to see by leics. Coming up are several holidays so choose your dates well.
    if more info you can contact the tourist office in each area.
    Cheers

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines