change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Dale5's Profile Photo

Accomodation in Rio de Onor.

Rio de Onor Feb 11, 2015 at 12:46 AM

Does any one know if there are any accommodation option, apart from camping, in the village itself? Pensions, guest houses etc.....Many thanks.
      Dale5

more
    • OAPDave's Profile Photo

Transport public or car hire

Porto Moniz Feb 3, 2015 at 3:28 PM

Hello, I'm staying in Funchai and would like to know if I can get to Porto Moniz on public transport or do I need to hire a car. I believe there is a nice restaurant facing the sea there, but I do not know it's name.
      Thanks

more
    • staying near university area

Lisbon Feb 13, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Hi all!
      Going to study at University of Lisbon later this year, and trying to figure out where to live. Does anyone know the area of Cidade Universitaria? Is it a nice area to live? Or, are there other other neighborhoods that are not far from the university (walking distance or short commute) that are preferable?
      Thanks!

more
    • What to pack apart from boots and waterproofs!

Funchal Feb 22, 2015 at 8:39 AM

Apologies if I am duplicating the question - had trouble registering. Arriving Funchal 25th Feb. and forecast not good. Should we pack jeans and jumpers or lightweight trousers and tee shirts? Not much space in Easyjet hand luggage with husband's size 12 trainers. Dress/skirt for evening hotel dinner? Any advice much appreciated.

more
    • OAPDave's Profile Photo

Things to do

Funchal Feb 3, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Hello, I'm staying in Funchai for a week in February when the carnival is on. Can anyone tell me the best places to see it and what I should do as while I'm there.
      Thankyou

more
    • Lisbon airport - city centre?

Lisbon Feb 25, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Hi, How to reach from airport to city centre and I plan to walk through the destinations in the city centre and reach belem tower last probably by evening.

From Belem , how do I reach to oriente bus station?

more
    • never been here before

Praia da Rocha Feb 13, 2015 at 12:14 PM

help we want some where sunny with plenty of night life is this the place

more
    • theenglishway's Profile Photo

Worried about Albufeira

Algarve Feb 25, 2015 at 2:45 PM

Next month I'll be going to Albufeira with my dad for a week, but we kind of rushed the booking. Having looked at it properly, I'm now worried it won't be suitable with all its nightclubs, bars and English pubs as we want to experience a bit of the Portuguese culture (whilst also enjoying some sun and the beach), not the Portuguese version of Magaluf or Benidorm. I hope I'm wrong though! Please help!

more
    • A day in Lisbon..

Lisbon Feb 24, 2015 at 5:06 AM

Please let me know the best places to go for a day at Lisbon? I love architecture,culture .. Not much of a person who enjoys museums..Thanks in advance

more
    • tuti_plaate's Profile Photo

painting workshops?

Lisbon Feb 10, 2015 at 4:14 PM

I am planning a budget trip to Lisbon late august into september. I am an hobby-ist painter and would like to try and join a painting class or workshop for starting painters. Have surfed the net for information, and most workshops I found are expensive and all inclusive vacations. Is there an art school or some kind of center that has like summer classes or introduction classes for locals, and where foreigners would be welcome to join? I paint with water colours and acrylic colors but would appreciate some insight into using other mediums like charcoal, crayons, chalk. Since I do not read portuguese well, it is hard to search effectively.

more
    • bridges tour

Lisbon Feb 23, 2015 at 11:34 PM

I will be in Lisbon in the midle of April. I would like to take a trip to the other side of Tajo river passing by Vasco Da Gama bridge and return By 25 of April bridge. Are they a bus who made this itinerary or I have to rent a car?
      Thanks in advance
      Voicu

more
    • Seasonal tourism in Tavira

Tavira Feb 18, 2015 at 3:52 AM

Is Tavira tourism seasonal or all year round? Are hotels/ferries/restaurants open in the off-season?

more
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Transportation from Lisbon to Santiago de Compostela

Portugal Feb 6, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Starting to plan my trip to Portugal. At the end of my group trip, I'll want to get from Lisbon to Santiago de Compostela. My husband will be there after finishing the Camino.

I prefer a daytime train ride, if there's a direct one without having to carry my suitcase at a transfer station. I saw a website for a bus, 6.5 hours. That's OK, but I like trains better.

more
    • destinations - 8 hours ??

Lisbon Feb 25, 2015 at 9:37 AM

Here are the destinations I plan to cover in 7 hours. Might be the lisboa people could help me plan better if I missed any??

Castle of S. Jorge, Rua de Santa Cruz do Castelo, 1100-129 Lisboa,
      Igreja de São Domingos, Largo São Domingos,
      Carmo Convent,
      Santa Justa Lift, Rua
      Chiado Museum
      Tapada das Necessidades, Portugal
      Basílica da Estrela, Praça da Estrela,
      Palácio Nacional da Ajuda
      Jerónimos Monastery,
      Belém Tower, Avenida Brasíli

more