change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• skinnyminnie's Profile Photo

Tramping in Boise

Boise Apr 5, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Are there any hiking/tramping groups I could join in, with in Boise, as keen tramper visiting from New Zealand in September. Thanks

more

Tramping in Boise

Boise Apr 5, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Are there any hiking/tramping groups I could join in, with in Boise, as keen tramper visiting from New Zealand in September. Thanks

1 Answer Apr 5, 2014 at 11:26 AM
    • gold in Bone?

Idaho Mar 6, 2014 at 10:43 AM

was there ever a gold mine in Bone, Idaho?

1 Answer Mar 6, 2014 at 11:43 AM
    • Travelling this winter period - 7 Feb 2014. Need some advice.

Boise Feb 3, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Hello there,

I'm going to Boise this coming Fri and will be there for about 1 week. Some questions that would like to ask the expect/local here....
      1. What to pack? I mean I know is quite cold now over there, but can a normal sport shoes able to withstand the cold?
      2. I'll be arriving around 5.15pm (airport) and assuming there is no delay in my flight from Portland, should I take my dinner at the airport or head out to the downtown? Restaurant close at 9pm/10pm?
      3. Apart from skiing activities, anything else that I can do (since it is winter time)? Saw some people shared about winter visit to Craters of the Moon. Not sure is there any other place...probably this is the best place to ask.

Thanks!

6 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 9:21 AM
    • Idaho City

Idaho City Dec 17, 2013 at 7:16 PM

We are coming from Meridian is there a lot of photo opportunities on the way there and while we are there?

1 Answer Dec 22, 2013 at 7:02 PM
    • December Honeymoon in Cascade, Idaho

Cascade Sep 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM

We will be on our honeymoon the second week of December in Cascade, Idaho. I was curious to see what winter attractions there were for us to plan to do. We both love the outdoors, fishing, skiing & any chance to snap some beautiful scenic photographs. I was also curious if there were any hot springs around that would even be open at the time or anything unique for us to plan. Any suggestions for us Texans would be appreciated to help prepare us with packing & planning! Thank You!

3 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 7:23 PM
    • The best of Idaho in 7 days!

Idaho Aug 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Hi!! My boyfriend and I are coming to Idaho end of August for 7 days and we need some friendly advise with creating our itinerary. Basically we want to HIKE. We are very outdoorsy and fit so any beautiful long hikes you could recommend. We are also wanting to do a 3 day whitewater rafting tour and visit many (natural) hot springs. Accommodation advise would be SO appreciated. Again, we are looking for beautiful rustic cabins, no resorts. We do not mind spending the $$ as long as it is quality.

THank you!!

2 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 7:38 AM
    • Bluestar810's Profile Photo

Attractions in Twin Falls

Twin Falls Apr 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I just moved with my family from California to Twin Falls, and my daughter's birthday is comming up. She is used to places like Disneyland and such, but theres nothing like that here. I know there's not really anything like Disneyland here, but do you have any ideas on what she and her friends could do? Is there anyplace like a Boomers or something? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

7 Answers Apr 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Accomodation

Boise Sep 26, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Hi,We are looking for accomodation near to Franklin Park Drive.We would rather be out of the central city area and close to friends who live there. Any ideas for about May?? Middle price range.

3 Answers Oct 1, 2012 at 10:21 AM
    • milkililki's Profile Photo

where to buy a house

Twin Falls Sep 18, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Hi
      I'm moving with my family to TF in a few months. We are coming from Europe(Spain), and I would like to know where would be a nice place to buy(rent) a house. I mean some nice neighbourhood for family with kids. Thank you.

4 Answers Sep 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM

How to get there

Boise Jul 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I want to travel from Boise to Yellowstone (return) in May - not keen on driving. Are there any bus trips or other organised tours in that area?
      Hasanone got any ideas.

5 Answers Jul 29, 2012 at 8:38 AM
    • samtin's Profile Photo

Exploring Boise and the Sawtooth : camping and hiking

Boise Jan 4, 2011 at 6:53 AM

Hi

Sam from England here! This summer we planning on driving up from Tahoe to the Boise/Sawtooth area. This will be part of a longer road trip (camping, hiking and sightseeing) starting in San Francisco and spending time in the Sierra Nevada (probably Mammoth Lakes Basin), Lake Tahoe etc. We want to spend a night in Boise and then up to four nights or so camping and day hiking in the Sawtooth. My question is: can anyone recommend a nice campground (we prefer quiet/non-commercial/scenic) which would A) make a good base for some of the best hikes in the area (we like to do long, serious hikes - up to 20 miles) and are very experienced) B) not be too far from civilization if we want a decent choise of groceries to stock up on, a coffee shop or even to eat out. I was thinking maybe somewhere near Ketchum as Stanley looks very small but I would love some advice from anyone who knows the area. Thanks, Sam

8 Answers Apr 20, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    • Moving to Boise

Boise Feb 19, 2010 at 8:38 AM

My fiance and I are looking into moving to Boise, Idaho. Neither of us have ever been there. We are looking at houses on rentalhouses.com right now, but we want to know which neighborhoods are nice places to live in and which ones we should avoid. We love the outdoors so any proximity to parks or Boise's greenbelt would be great.

Also, I've read that Boise has a very Pacific Northwest feel to it... is this true? Or is it more like a rocky mountain town along the lines of Casper, Wyoming or Denver, Colorado? I'll be flying in for a job interview a week from today...any places I should check out while I'm there? Any advice you can offer me would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 19, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    • mckinney3's Profile Photo

Quaint Inn near Idaho Falls

Idaho Jan 2, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I am traveling from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone Park on I20. I want to break up the trip as I don't like to drive more than 4 hours. I am looking for a quaint inn or B&B in the vicinity of Idaho Falls. Doesn't need to be in IF but I give that place as a reference as it seems half-way.

Thanks in advance for the help!

5 Answers Jan 3, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    • steven1957's Profile Photo

moving to idaho

Idaho Oct 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM

looking for any info on people who live in idaho and live in smaller towns with hospitals.

3 Answers Oct 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM
    • cottonwood's Profile Photo

Luggage storage at or near the airport?

Boise Sep 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Anyone know of a Luggage storage at or near the main Boise Airport that could hold Luggage for a 24 hour time period? Something like even a hotel that might do it? It seems the actual Airport doesn't have anything according to their website. Just curiouse.

1 Answer Sep 17, 2009 at 10:31 AM
    • River Tubing

Lava Hot Springs Jun 28, 2009 at 5:17 PM

How long does it take to float the river? We are thinking of coming over for a day with kids 8-13. How should we plan our day? We want to do slides/pool, float and a good place for lunch! Thanks!

• Driving I-15 from Montana to Utah...things to do/see?

Idaho May 11, 2009 at 8:55 PM

What is worth stopping to do and/or see along this route? Cool places to stay? Ive heard you can rent a room in Lava Hot Springs and the springs actually flow through your room??? Suggestions please.

• autumn918's Profile Photo

Mountain Home

Idaho Jan 7, 2009 at 3:33 AM

Dear fellow VTs,

Does anyone know about this place in Idaho? How far is it from Boise, the main city in Idaho state?

4 Answers Feb 24, 2009 at 2:16 PM
    • cottonwood's Profile Photo

Restaurant in Marina

Coeur d'Alene Sep 19, 2008 at 3:47 PM

Is there still a restaraunt at the Marina at the mouth to the Spokane River? I haven't been there since like the very early 80's when I was like 11 or 12.

1 Answer Sep 20, 2008 at 12:40 PM
    • tango_jd's Profile Photo

Weather report for Thursday 21st please!

Idaho Aug 22, 2008 at 6:26 AM

In 9 years time - 21st August, 2017, - there will be a total eclipse of the sun over the middle of the USA and I plan to see it!
      I am trying to decide which location to visit for this and Idaho is a strong contender at the moment.
      I haven't decided on a town to stay in that day - I guess the geography varies and so I need to know what the weather and cloud conditions are likely to be that day.
      Can anyone help?
      a) Is Idaho a good choice for the best chance of a clear sky?
      b) Which town or place is best avoided or best considered?

Thanks !

10 Answers Feb 24, 2009 at 2:04 PM
    • Family visiting Sun Vally

Sun Valley Jun 22, 2008 at 4:03 PM

My family and I are excited to visit Sun Valley in mid July. I have a 3 year old, 5 year old, and 7 year old traveling with my wife, and I and we are looking for fun and adventures in your region. We will be in the area for 2 days and are looking for trip ideas that will enhance our experience. We want to use our time in the best possible way, and are an adventurous family looking for the best use of our time. I am looking for your input on anything and am looking for detail suggestions on the following areas: 1- best places to visit 2-best family hikes 3-places to eat 4-best places to water river rafting (company to recommend) 5-best scenic horse rides that are family friendly (company name) 6-best places to fish or guide to recommend (what do we need for gear and equipment) 7. unique shops or places of interest 8. places to rent bikes and places to ride them. 9. any other ideas you can suggest : )

• Jumping off

Twin Falls May 20, 2008 at 6:04 AM

Will we see the daredevils jumping this weekend ? this Memorial weekend ???
      May 26 2008 ?

• tango_jd's Profile Photo

Clear skies? What are the chances in August?

Idaho May 19, 2008 at 12:22 AM

Hi - I am planning a trip to Idaho in August in advance of a similar trip in August 2017 for the Solar Eclipse.
      I want to check-out a location that can be as near as possible guaranteed clear skies.

Does anyone know whether Twin Falls - or Idaho in general- is a safe bet?

This is important to me as it is liely to be my last ever opportunity to see a total eclipse of the sun!

2 Answers Jul 15, 2008 at 2:00 AM
    • Whiskeyguy's Profile Photo

Advice on a good resort?

Idaho Jan 3, 2008 at 11:45 PM

I am a little out of my element here. Usually I am planning a vacation for my buddies and myself, but this time my family recruited me to plan one for them. They are looking for a nice resort/condo set up, with a mountain/forested setting, and lots of outdoor activities. Preferably with a lake that allows some type of recreation (boating, fishing, etc). We will have a large group... 12-22 people. If anyone could offer any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 8, 2008 at 10:38 AM
    • TheLongTone's Profile Photo

The world-famous potato museum

Blackfoot Nov 9, 2007 at 4:39 AM

Is it worth a detour?

6 Answers Dec 4, 2007 at 9:47 AM
    • aesiran's Profile Photo

Relocating... what's your input for us??

Idaho Sep 4, 2007 at 5:23 PM

My husband and I are originally from Alaska and transplanted to Texas four years ago. We are now wanting to head back to the North West and thinking of moving to Spokane or the Coeur d'Alene area?

We are really into the outdoors... snowboarding, hiking, biking, camping, fishing... all that good stuff. We are about to start a family, and my parents want to relocate with us. We are not really into night life too much, but enjoy going out every now and then and we also love local festivals and all that fun stuff.

What we're trying to get is more information about the areas. We really want to visit to help make up our minds, but don't know what parts of town to check out and such. We are not having much luck with realtors helping us, so I figure this is a good place to check!! We want to know about good parts of town and such!!

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!! "Thank you" in advance!!

3 Answers Sep 4, 2007 at 10:59 PM
    • Camping_Girl's Profile Photo

Last minute trip - looking for suggestions?

Idaho Aug 4, 2007 at 3:12 PM

Hi everybody,

Well, I think my hubby's ex-wife is finally done ruining our summer vacation plans and, with that in mind, we are trying to plan a vacation (for the third time!) for the last 2 weeks of August.

We have made reservations at Farragut State Park for Aug 21 to 24, and will be visiting Silverwood during 2 of those days. The rest of vacation is still open and all suggestions are welcomed and greatly appreciated.

We will travel south into US at either Montana or Idaho crossing on August 20th. Will be in Farragut by late afternoon on the 21st, and have to be back in Canada (in either BC or Alberta) by Sept 1st or 2nd.

We have considered spending some time exploring in the Priest River and/or CDA areas, as well as possibly heading west into Washington. We want to spend at least 8 days south of the border, for our maximum duty-free allowances. (We will definitely spend at least one day in Sandpoint!)

We are outdoorsy sorts, travelling in our RV with our dog, and we will have 2- 13 year olds in tow, one boy & one girl. We love great scenery, friendly people, good food, moderate hikes (hubby is a trucker - can't make him walk too far!), unique places, shopping, camping, etc.....

I am also wondering about fire bans in the area. Our mountain areas are currently tinder-dry and most of eastern BC is on fire, so we have extreme fire restrictions right now. A lot of the provincial recreation areas are closed altogether. I like to do a lot of cooking over a fire, so I would like to know in advance whether that will be an option, since it will determine what type of foods I pack.

Thanks in advance for your time & input!

- CG

1 Answer Aug 15, 2007 at 4:21 PM
    • rachelph's Profile Photo

Central and Eastern SIGHTS??

Idaho Jul 26, 2007 at 8:43 AM

My friends and I are driving from Park City, UT up to Jackson, WY.

1. Does anyone have any suggestions for things to see on the way? Or any good/beautiful places to stop to eat?

2. Several people have told me that Sun Valley is great, so on our way back we were going to drive over to Sun Valley. We would only be able to spend 1.5 days there. It's a bit out of our way, and i was wondering if it's worth it or if there's somewhere more on the way that's just as pretty/fun?

3. Does anyone have suggestions on what to see driving from Jackson to Sun Valley, and then from Sun Valley to Park City?

Thanks so much!!
      Rachel

2 Answers Jul 28, 2007 at 10:27 AM
    • water park

Idaho Jul 23, 2007 at 3:25 PM

We have a free afternoon in Coeur D'Alene and are considering either going to Wild Water outdoor water slides or the Raptor Reef indoor park. Which would be more enjoyable for the kids, ages 3, 5, 12, and 15? Any other suggestions for an active adventure for the kids for the afternoon?

2 Answers Jul 24, 2007 at 9:00 AM
    • ejalvirt's Profile Photo

8 Days in Western Idaho: Itinerary?

Idaho May 20, 2007 at 12:30 PM

We'd like to visit Western Idaho for the first time. We'll probably fly into Boise, rent a car and make our way north to Coeur d 'Alene or perhaps even Sandpoint. We don't want to rush around more than we need to, but are looking for suggestions on some must-see places. We'd like to get a nice mix of driving, hiking, doing a day rapids trip and seeing a few towns/cities. Also, when heading back to Boise, should we stay on the west side of the state, or is it worth taking Rt 90 from CDE to Missoula and then taking Rt 93 south and heading back to Boise that way. It looks pretty sparsely populated on this route, but perhaps the scenery makes up for it??

1 Answer May 21, 2007 at 6:48 AM