Idaho Travel Answers

change location
kellywalker27's Profile Photo

Insights to possible cities for relocation

by kellywalker27 Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 1:26 PM

My husband's job was recently relocated to Idaho. We plan to move there in February or March 2005. From what we've found online and from looking at houses online, we are very interested in Meridian, Nampa and the Boise area. We are 25 and 26 years old and are looking for a growing area with lots of young families. We'd like to live in a city with good schools, a low crime rate and good property value. Can anyone make any recommendations based on this criteria? Can anyone provide pros and cons of Meridian, Nampa and Boise, or make any recommendations for a good area for a young couple to live in? I'd appreciate any help. Thank you! Kelly

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Insights to possible cities for relocation

by charlietuna22 Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 8:09 PM

Hello! My sister-in-law and a friend both live in Boise and they both love it! Crime rate is very low, lots of families. My friend has 2 young children(10 and 12 years old I think)and left the Scottsdale, Az area for the family. Boise is also growing very fast so property values are on the rise. Population is roughly 50% Catholic and 50% Mormon from what I understand. I was there in June of 2001 and it seemed pretty nice. Hope this helps!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Idaho Travel Answer Locations