Iceland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Restaurant Opening Hours

Reykjavík Aug 21, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Roughly what time do restaurants open for breakfast in Reykjavik?

more
    • Excursions-Northern Lights & Ice caves

Iceland Aug 4, 2015 at 12:55 AM

What are the best times of year to the see the Northern lights? From which areas have you seen them best/have you gone on tours or self guided views?

Wondering the same questions about exploring ice caves!

more
    • Whale watching to do or not to do... November

Reykjavík Aug 15, 2015 at 3:35 PM

Hello

I will be in Reykjavik for 5 days in November. I have tours booked on first three days. I depart at 16.30pm on the Tuesday. I can't decide whether to do whale watching tour on the Monday and Blue Lagoon on my way to the airport on Tuesday or whether to skip the whale watching tour and do the Blue Lagoon on the Monday and then relax on the Tuesday. Has anyone done Whale watching in November and would you recommend it?

Thank you.

Regards
      Colleen

more
    • Can drive 2wd in Nov?

Iceland Aug 26, 2015 at 11:46 AM

I will go to iceland 1-15 nov alone. I will rent a car. I can't decide about 2wd or 4wd because 4wd very expensive for me. Can I use 2wd ?
      Ps. Sorry about my grammar

more
    • Warning Íshestar riding center

Iceland Aug 17, 2015 at 1:50 PM

This company offers various types of short and long riding tours. Recently I've heard about one woman having her vacation in Iceland ruined from breaking her arm after falling of a horse when riding with this company and then I heard about another woman falling off her horse during a tour with this company. What's going on here? Is it bad luck? Are these isolated incidents? Is riding horses just that dangerous and difficult in general? Or is there something wrong with this company?

I'm no expert when it comes to horses so I'll admit that I don't know how normal or abnormal all of this is but I certainly won't be advising anyone to use the services of Íshestar.

more
    • Northern Lights

Iceland Aug 15, 2015 at 1:20 AM

For as long as I can remember I've craved to see the northern lights. Thinking about flying out to Reyjakvik - hiring a car and doing our own thing.

Any suggestions as to the optimum time to see the northern lights - what are the driving conditions liable to be like - do we need snow chains and how far would we have to drive to see the northern lights from Reyjavik. Did think of seeing them from Norway but Trondheim etc is so way out in the wilds don't think this is practical.. Also suggestions for sight seeing - we're not into hiking - caves OK provided there are not a lot of stairs

Many thanx

more
    • lesliench's Profile Photo

How to go to dettifoss with 2wd car

Iceland Aug 9, 2015 at 4:30 PM

i only rent a 2wd car. i find the map that there are only two road connect to dettifoss. one is 864, another is F862.

Which road is suitable for 2wd car?

more
    • Can drive 2wd in Nov?

Iceland Aug 26, 2015 at 11:46 AM

I will go to iceland 1-15 nov alone. I will rent a car. I can't decide about 2wd or 4wd because 4wd very expensive for me. Can I use 2wd ?
      Ps. Sorry about my grammar

7 Answers Aug 27, 2015 at 9:37 AM
    • Restaurant Opening Hours

Reykjavík Aug 21, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Roughly what time do restaurants open for breakfast in Reykjavik?

2 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 7:58 PM
    • Warning Íshestar riding center

Iceland Aug 17, 2015 at 1:50 PM

This company offers various types of short and long riding tours. Recently I've heard about one woman having her vacation in Iceland ruined from breaking her arm after falling of a horse when riding with this company and then I heard about another woman falling off her horse during a tour with this company. What's going on here? Is it bad luck? Are these isolated incidents? Is riding horses just that dangerous and difficult in general? Or is there something wrong with this company?

I'm no expert when it comes to horses so I'll admit that I don't know how normal or abnormal all of this is but I certainly won't be advising anyone to use the services of Íshestar.

• Whale watching to do or not to do... November

Reykjavík Aug 15, 2015 at 3:35 PM

Hello

I will be in Reykjavik for 5 days in November. I have tours booked on first three days. I depart at 16.30pm on the Tuesday. I can't decide whether to do whale watching tour on the Monday and Blue Lagoon on my way to the airport on Tuesday or whether to skip the whale watching tour and do the Blue Lagoon on the Monday and then relax on the Tuesday. Has anyone done Whale watching in November and would you recommend it?

Thank you.

Regards
      Colleen

5 Answers Aug 19, 2015 at 12:59 PM
    • Northern Lights

Iceland Aug 15, 2015 at 1:20 AM

For as long as I can remember I've craved to see the northern lights. Thinking about flying out to Reyjakvik - hiring a car and doing our own thing.

Any suggestions as to the optimum time to see the northern lights - what are the driving conditions liable to be like - do we need snow chains and how far would we have to drive to see the northern lights from Reyjavik. Did think of seeing them from Norway but Trondheim etc is so way out in the wilds don't think this is practical.. Also suggestions for sight seeing - we're not into hiking - caves OK provided there are not a lot of stairs

Many thanx

10 Answers Aug 20, 2015 at 8:26 AM

How to go to dettifoss with 2wd car

Iceland Aug 9, 2015 at 4:30 PM

i only rent a 2wd car. i find the map that there are only two road connect to dettifoss. one is 864, another is F862.

Which road is suitable for 2wd car?

9 Answers Yesterday
    • Excursions-Northern Lights & Ice caves

Iceland Aug 4, 2015 at 12:55 AM

What are the best times of year to the see the Northern lights? From which areas have you seen them best/have you gone on tours or self guided views?

Wondering the same questions about exploring ice caves!

3 Answers Aug 4, 2015 at 12:24 PM
    • jeroli's Profile Photo

excursions

Reykjavík Jul 28, 2015 at 8:59 AM

Hi We are planning a 3 night trip to Reykjavik next winter. Which is the best month for snowmobiling/Northern Lights?
      Is it better to book our trips online before we go?
      Thanks

3 Answers Jul 29, 2015 at 7:35 PM
    • Baberlyas's Profile Photo

wild life in Iceland

Iceland Jul 27, 2015 at 11:41 PM

What wild life will I most likely see, if any, in September in Iceland?
      Are the Puffins still around? Can I see whales, seals, sheep, fox…anything else?
      Or has all the wildlife migrated somewhere else by September?

Thanks very much,
      B

6 Answers Jul 29, 2015 at 3:46 PM
    • Baberlyas's Profile Photo

Kayaking in Iceland

Iceland Jul 26, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Where can I rent 3 single kayaks (or 1 tandem and 1 single) to take with me as I travel and kayak in various places around Iceland…from September 13 - September 19?
      Thank you :)

2 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 4:37 PM
    • Travel Time

Iceland Jul 24, 2015 at 8:54 PM

What time of the year is the best time to visit Iceland? Just started researching and checking it out.

8 Answers Yesterday
    • things to do in winter

Iceland Jul 23, 2015 at 10:24 AM

i am planing a trip to Reykjavik in early january to see the northern lights , but im getting concerned that there will not be enogh to keep us amused for a week, im 59 my freind is 67 so no high energy stuff,

2 Answers Jul 23, 2015 at 5:45 PM
    • Sun voyager replica

Reykjavík Jul 21, 2015 at 5:08 AM

This week i was in Reykjavik and i saw a replica of the sun voyager in a shop near bij the churge.
      I don't remember the name of the shop and street.

Please wo can help me?

regard Mario

2 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 11:02 PM
    • Leave some clothes in Reykjavik for a week

Reykjavík Jul 21, 2015 at 4:25 AM

Hi there, I'll be visiting Iceland in a week (in Iceland - 2 weeks, first week is tracking). I don't want to take some casual clothes with me on the track
      Any advice where I could leave it?
      Thank you!

5 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 8:00 PM
    • what's the most central avis agency? sand insuranse?

Iceland Jul 16, 2015 at 2:18 PM

I have been checking rental agencies in Iceland and Avis seems cheaper than Hertz and Budget if you don't add the sand insuranse.... do you have big chances to damage the car with that doing the ring road?? What's the most central agency in Reykiavick? the one in the domestic airport? the one in Knarrarvogur or in the port Skarfabbaki?

3 Answers Jul 20, 2015 at 3:03 PM
    • mafyma's Profile Photo

Fishing in Iceland

Iceland Jul 16, 2015 at 2:09 AM

Me again, just wondering if you could recommend some good Fishing spots, which are easy to access from the Ring road? Would also be nice to know what bite to use and what we might be able to catch? Thanks a lot xxx

2 Answers Jul 16, 2015 at 5:40 AM
    • mafyma's Profile Photo

Reindeers in Iceland

Iceland Jul 16, 2015 at 2:00 AM

Hi there,
      I read about a reindeer farm in Iceland. Has anyone heard of it and know where it is? Might be fun for the kids to visit?!
      Thank you xxx

3 Answers Jul 17, 2015 at 1:40 AM

2wd car can pass through the road with no. 864, no. 863 and no. 939 safety?

Iceland Jul 16, 2015 at 12:39 AM

I am going to visit Iceland at August 7 to August 13. But i just rented a 2wd small car for 7 days.

From our whole trip, my car will pass through the road with no. 864, no. 863 and no. 939.

I just worry about my car can pass through these road safety?

3 Answers Jul 16, 2015 at 1:19 AM
    • Puffins in Iceland

Iceland Jul 12, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Where can I sight puffins in Iceland at this time of year? I'll be in Reykjavic and a bit towards the south for the Laugavegur trail with not too much time to spare, so knowing where to go in this vicinity would be great.

Thanks

5 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 6:41 PM
    • Laugavegur trail - supplies and transport

Iceland Jul 12, 2015 at 1:19 AM

I'm catching a flight to Iceland at 6pm this evening so just got a couple of last minute questions. Firstly, where I can buy a small butane bottle of gaz for my cooking stove and a map of the laugavegur trail in Reykjavic? Also, does anyone know of a website with bus times for Landmannalaugar from Reykjavic? I start the hike tomorrow morning ideally.

Thanks

1 Answer Jul 12, 2015 at 7:06 AM
    • acrylic mirror

Akureyri Jul 9, 2015 at 9:04 AM

hi there, i am an artist being a resident here for a month an want to do an installation with acrylic mirrors.
      but i dont know where to buy that in akureyri.... does anyone have an idea?
      i really have no clue! it would be great, if anyone could help!!!
      thank you!
      alexandra

1 Answer Jul 9, 2015 at 2:57 PM
    • Bus Options

Iceland Jul 3, 2015 at 5:13 PM

Hi I'm looking to bus hop around Southern Iceland.

Here are the two companies I'm looking at, has anyone used them or another bus company I should consider? How were your experiences? I'm looking to bus to a new location each day and hopefully find hostels or a place to stay nearby!

re.is/iceland-on-your-own/pa...

and

straeto.is/kaupa-farmida-og-...

I have 8 days to leave and get back to REK, any recommendations of which route/passport? I was thinking of Southern Iceland but am also interested in the Circle...

Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 12, 2015 at 4:25 PM
    • Iceland Key Carrental

Iceland Jul 2, 2015 at 12:59 AM

Hello everybody! My gf and me are going to iceland this summer, and we booked a car with "Rental Car Group", which in turn has "Hello everybody! My gf and me are going to iceland this summer, and we booked a car with "Rental Car Group", which in turn has "Iceland Key Carrental" as the real service provider. The point here is there are not many infos of these guys on the network: not a website, a reference or even a (positive or negative) review! And their price is 20-30% less than other providers. So my question is? Can we safely trust them? Does anyone ever rented a car with Iceland Key Carrental?

Thanks!" as the real service provider. The point here is there are not many infos of these guys on the network: not a website, a reference or even a (positive or negative) review! And their price is 20-30% less than other providers. So my question is? Can we safely trust them? Does anyone ever rented a car with Iceland Key Carrental?

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 3, 2015 at 12:18 PM
    • Cheap places to stay in Reykjavik?

Iceland Jun 25, 2015 at 1:32 AM

I'm looking for a cheap place to stay on the evening of 12th July as I plan to go on the Laugavegur trek from Monday 13th July. Can you recommend anywhere for camping or hostels?

3 Answers Jun 25, 2015 at 10:49 AM
    • DiezelT43's Profile Photo

Motorcycles from the U.S. to Iceland

Reykjavík Jun 23, 2015 at 8:59 PM

Inquiring about information for me and a buddy to get our motorcycles to Iceland for a ride from the U.S.. Info on possible travel arrangements, ferries for the bikes, etc. Any info is greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Jul 13, 2015 at 4:13 AM
    • Help with Student Permit for Iceland

Iceland Jun 23, 2015 at 8:27 PM

I have been accepted for Graduate School at the University of Iceland.

Classes start on August 31St, 2015. I am a U.S. citizen. My student permit
      application is due on July 1st (next Wednesday). I am just finding out now

that I have to get an FBI background check. The FBI's website says that it's going
      to take up to 90 days to receive!?!!?? What am I going to do? Help!!!
      Do I need an apostille? This is so upsetting! Am going to have to wait until next year?
      Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you so much for reading this !

1 Answer Jun 23, 2015 at 11:26 PM
    • Anja1216's Profile Photo

Cycling in Iceland

Iceland Jun 23, 2015 at 9:43 AM

I'm heading to Iceland to travel solo, and I'll be there from 14-18 of July. My favourite way to explore a new place is by bicycle...but I've been told the weather and the terrain isn't great for a touring cyclist such as myself. I'd still like to rent a bike for Reykjavik and maybe some surrounding areas, then get a bus pass for those places farther away. So my question is this: can I bring a bike on the bus? In the US all the buses have bike racks on the front, but I haven't heard about bike transport in Iceland.

Thanks! I've wanted to do this trip for awhile (with a bike and a camera!) and I'm really excited. See you in a few weeks!

14 Answers Aug 4, 2015 at 4:34 PM
    • What to do with this route!

Iceland Jun 22, 2015 at 11:39 AM

My plan is to get the bus passport (as it seems cheaper than renting a car for one person and paying for gas etc.), and to travel this route over a few days: re.is/iceland-on-your-own/pa...

Aside from the blue pinpointed 'must see' spots, what would you recommend seeing along the way/around the bus stops?

Also any recommendations on where I should stay would be great too!

13 Answers Jul 3, 2015 at 12:24 PM
    • car for weekends

Reykjavík Jun 21, 2015 at 12:57 PM

hello, 3 erasmus students are looking for car for the weekends (we will be in Reykjavik from 26th June till 3rd August).

3 Answers Jun 24, 2015 at 2:06 PM
    • Alternatizm's Profile Photo

Camper around Iceland, where to shower etc.?

Iceland Jun 18, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Hi! I'm going to have a round-island trip (included Westfjords) with my girlfriend from 4th - 18th September. I'm hesitating to rent a Camper (automatic) as never drive a van sharped car before and understanding Westfjords is tricky with up and down road. Also we addict to shower so it is necessary for daily. Anyone knows if there are showers room or toilets around the island? And do you think it is fine to dive Camper?

10 Answers Jul 13, 2015 at 4:13 AM