Iceland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Getting to my Hotel

Reykjavík Apr 21, 2014 at 12:10 PM

What is the best way to get to my hotel (the Hilton Reykjavik Nordica) from the Crystal disembarkation cruise terminal in Reykjavik. How far a trip is it? What will it cost? Also, how do I get from my hotel (The Hilton Reykjavik Nordica) to the international airport.

more
    • Statue of man outside bar

Reykjavík Apr 11, 2014 at 2:36 AM

I was wanting to know what the statue of the man with his head down is outside of the Geysir bar and Tapas is about. Thanks!!!

more
    • Driving Toyota Yaris in South Iceland from 27th to 30th.

Iceland Apr 14, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I will be driving from Reykjavik to Hofn via ring road, vik around 25th Apr. We are not familiar with the Yaris and Iceland road conditions. Is Yaris OK for our travel plans? Is it better to have snow tires in the last 10 days of April? Do you have any recommendation about equipment, etc? Thanks for any information..

more
    • lonking for 2 people to carsharing in iceland 15st june to 26st

Iceland Apr 21, 2014 at 8:24 AM

My friend and I are planning to travel in Iceland from15st JUNE to 26st JUNE in 2014.
      we come from China and have a perfect schedule.
      we are looking for 2 people to share the expense for renting a car.
      it will cost £600 per person. including renting a car and accommodation.
      We are looking forward to meet new people!
      If you are interested ,please contact me via email:yluoaj@ust,hk.
      I can send you my schedule.

Best,
      yoyo

more
    • Getting to my Hotel

Reykjavík Apr 21, 2014 at 12:10 PM

What is the best way to get to my hotel (the Hilton Reykjavik Nordica) from the Crystal disembarkation cruise terminal in Reykjavik. How far a trip is it? What will it cost? Also, how do I get from my hotel (The Hilton Reykjavik Nordica) to the international airport.

2 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 4:04 PM
    • lonking for 2 people to carsharing in iceland 15st june to 26st

Iceland Apr 21, 2014 at 8:24 AM

My friend and I are planning to travel in Iceland from15st JUNE to 26st JUNE in 2014.
      we come from China and have a perfect schedule.
      we are looking for 2 people to share the expense for renting a car.
      it will cost £600 per person. including renting a car and accommodation.
      We are looking forward to meet new people!
      If you are interested ,please contact me via email:yluoaj@ust,hk.
      I can send you my schedule.

Best,
      yoyo

6 Answers Yesterday
    • Driving Toyota Yaris in South Iceland from 27th to 30th.

Iceland Apr 14, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I will be driving from Reykjavik to Hofn via ring road, vik around 25th Apr. We are not familiar with the Yaris and Iceland road conditions. Is Yaris OK for our travel plans? Is it better to have snow tires in the last 10 days of April? Do you have any recommendation about equipment, etc? Thanks for any information..

4 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 6:40 PM
    • Statue of man outside bar

Reykjavík Apr 11, 2014 at 2:36 AM

I was wanting to know what the statue of the man with his head down is outside of the Geysir bar and Tapas is about. Thanks!!!

2 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 10:11 AM
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Looking for pictures of Iceland culture

Iceland Mar 21, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I'd like your help for finding big, whole screen pictures of Iceland of modern architecture (I have the Hallgrimskirkia and the Stykksholmur church), of displays of the national museum, old manuscripts, and of the Siglufjordur herring factory.

I'm going to give a talk to friends about our Iceland trip, and I have plenty of photos of landscape, waterfalls, geysers and the glacier laguna. But I want to talk aslo of the history. While I talk I have a slide show slowly running on the TV.

I found very few pictures that are not of landscapes on the net, and they are part of text pages, so they're too small and low resolution to display well on the TV as a full screen.

18 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • CAR RENTAL

Reykjavík Region Mar 20, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Should we rent a car for the 2 1/2 days we are in Reykjavik?
      we are nature lovers and we wonder if it is easy to find /drive to the various waterfalls
      and lagoons?
      We do NOT like big bus tours and wonder if we can find these nature features easily
      with our rental car?
      Also, Can you recommend a SMALL tour agency that might take fewer people on a tour?

6 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 6:44 PM
    • spending 3 nights in Reykjavik

Reykjavík Mar 20, 2014 at 7:26 AM

WHat to do on a Sunday and Monday

3 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • Where can I rent some good camping gear in Iceland?

Iceland Mar 16, 2014 at 2:02 PM

I am coming to Iceland this Summer and plan to camp all over the country for a week. I would like to get advice where to rent everything I need for my trip (tent, mattress, sleeping bag, cook set, stove, gas canister, ...
      Also, I´d like to rent a device to have internet access as well as a GPS.
      Any advice? Thanks in advance,

2 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    • elishasha12's Profile Photo

Something to do tonight?

Iceland Mar 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

My friend and I are in Reykjavik tonight and our evening boat tour was just canceled. We are looking for some type of chill/mellow activities for tonight besides going out for dinner. We walked around the city for about 10 hours today and would like to do something that keeps us off our feet. We also have an early appointment tomorrow, so nothing too crazy or late-night. Thank you for any suggestions!

• nanadear's Profile Photo

Flight connections at KEF

Iceland Mar 11, 2014 at 2:45 AM

We have a flight from KEF to NY on Oct 8 at 17:00 (5pm). We will leave Italy to get there and most all flights don't land in KEF until 15:30 (3:30pm). My question is how difficult to change planes at that airport? We will have carry-on luggage only, but is that cutting it too close to catch an international flight or should we get there a day earlier?

6 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    • Snæfellsjökull National Park in March?

Iceland Mar 10, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Most of what I've read says the Park is only open during summer. We were thinking of driving from Reykjavik to Snæfellsness during our visit next week, but was wondering what to see there if the park is closed. Any suggestions?

7 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 6:10 PM
    • klamperd's Profile Photo

1000 Trees planted.

Keflavík Mar 10, 2014 at 12:55 PM

I'm a retired U.S.Navy man. I laid down fertilizer (horse manure) in the planting of a thousand trees on the NATO Base, in the early 90's. I would like to know if the trees survived? Would love to see a photo!

6 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 2:27 PM
    • Camper rental

Iceland Mar 10, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Is there a side by side comparison site to help me determine which company to use for renting a 2 person camper?

2 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM
    • Soup restaurant

Reykjavík Mar 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Where is the soup and bread restaurant that advertises 800 isk for soup in reykjavik?

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 1:17 PM
    • Robbinn's Profile Photo

Bus service Iceland

South Iceland Mar 7, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Do you know why the bus transportation in Iceland is so expensive?

4 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 1:38 PM
    • March traveler

Iceland Mar 6, 2014 at 8:10 PM

1. Best place to view the Northern Lights week of March 10-14?
      2. Which is best this time of year, Dog sled ride or Nordic horse rides?
      3. Is it difficult to get to the Snaefellsnes Peninsula this time of year?

2 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 9:21 PM
    • Transportation from Reykjevik to Akurery & Honf and Northern light

Iceland Mar 5, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Hi, I'm travelling to Iceland very soon... will be arriving on 20 April evening 7.30pm, may i know which is the best way to get into Reykjavik Downtown ?

And also one of my itinerary is to visit Akurery on 23 - 25 April, however, my hosterl told there is no bus. I do checking on iceland carpooling list, still cant find any rider there. Can please advise how could i get there?

Lastly, one of my dream is to see Northern list during my visit to Iceland. Sad to said there is no northern light trip after 15 April. How can i go about it to fulfill my dream Northern light at this time between 20 - 26 April ?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Regards,
      Jamieanne : .... :o)

17 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 3:40 AM
    • reykjavik to Askja?

Iceland Mar 5, 2014 at 12:43 AM

How is the easiest way to get from reykjavik to Askja and back again. I'm not confident enough to drive so it would be tours or public transport. Can anyone help?
      Thanks
      Mark

2 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 5:36 AM
    • Iceland trip New year 2015-2016

Iceland Mar 2, 2014 at 2:56 AM

Hi.

Me and my friends are planning a trip to Iceland in time over New year 2015-2016. We are already starting to plan everything so we can be fully prepared for the time we go.

We will at that time be aged from 17-20 years old and will be looking for some a bit cheaper places to stay. Any recommendations of where to book a place to stay that is not like most luxurious and expensive? Would help us out a whole lot. We would go for about 10 days.

We are thinking of staying in Reykjavik and then taking the bus to places we want to go and see. We thought about renting a car but I think it might be a problem because in loads of those cases you have to be 21 to rent it.
      Is it smarter to just stay in Reykjavik and drive around, or change places to stay? We haven't discussed that yet.

If you have any recommendations where to go and what to see most importantly in the winter over there, please let us know! (:

Thanks,
      greetings from Slovenia.

3 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 9:22 AM
    • Advice for a photographer traveling in Iceland

Iceland Mar 1, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Hello, VTers,

First let me thank all of the people who have written tips, reviews and forum comments on Iceland already.  Your work is greatly appreciated.  I'd like to particularly acknowledge Regina1965, whose many pages have been very valuable in helping me plan my upcoming trip.  I've learned a great deal beyond the published travel guides.

I am a landscape photographer who will be journeying to Iceland early this summer.  I will be spending 13 days there late May-early June, driving around the country to take pictures and enjoy the scenery.  To get around the island, I've rented a 2WD campervan for the duration of the trip.  Having done a lot of reading on Iceland already, I have a good idea of those places I absolutely need to visit (Jökulsárlón, Mývatn, Tröllaskagi, Snæfellsnes, many waterfalls, etc.).  So I'm looking for advice on the following:

1. Outside of the famous, spectacular scenic highlights, and outside of coastal routes, are there other, less-well-known places or roads that are worth a visit from a photographer? - places that the guidebooks say little or nothing about, but are quite beautiful nonetheless?

2. Are there any places I should not bother going - because it is not scenic, inaccessible, etc.?

I thank you in advance for any advice you may offer.

-Dave

6 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    • Bike Rack Hire

Reykjavík Feb 25, 2014 at 4:06 AM

Hi,

A group of us are going to ride mountain bikes in Iceland at the beginning of June and would like to know where the best place to rent a bike rack is? We are hiring vehicles for the trip.

Thanks

1 Answer Feb 25, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    • taffanddi's Profile Photo

May or June/July, what is the difference?

Iceland Feb 24, 2014 at 5:15 PM

My wife and I are planning to visit Iceland for a 7-10 day holiday in mid-May, just wondering if there are things we will miss out on (attractions) because we are not going during the peak period? We have the option of both but would like to avoid the crowds. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Feb 24, 2014 at 11:09 PM
    • hotel ranga

Iceland Feb 22, 2014 at 6:44 AM

has anyone stayed at the Hotel Ranga in September? It is pricey but is it worth it? Any advice on activities in the area?

17 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 8:28 AM
    • Fishing Bait

Borgarnes Feb 20, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Is there a fishing tackle shop in Borgarnes that sells worms for Salmon fishing?

1 Answer Feb 20, 2014 at 9:29 AM
    • How safe is Iceland?

Iceland Feb 18, 2014 at 12:59 AM

We're planning to go to Iceland somewhere around mid-summer this year.Undoubtedly its one of the most beautiful places on the earth but still I'm a bit worried to go too close to the nature..Volcanoes..glaciers..falls..springs and a lot of natural activity going on every second. Is it still safe to go there to enjoy?

7 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 10:02 PM
    • South Iceland must sees

Iceland Feb 10, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Hi, my wife and I are making a second trip to Iceland in mid-march of 2014. On our last trip, we did the golden circle, Reykjavik, North Iceland, Husavik, Akureyri, etc. On this trip, we want to drive the ring road to the south coast towards Vik. We will unfortunately not have as much time as our last trip as we are using Iceland as a jumping point for travel in Scandinavia so we'll only have roughly 3 days with one night in Vik. I understand it's not a lot of time but I was amazed at the amount of things we were able to see with only 3 days to travel to Husavik and back on our last trip.

We probably won't make it as far as the Eastern Fjords but would like to see things near Skaftafell National Park. Any must sees on this trip? We're more of a 'rent a car and discover' kind of traveler so we're probably not going to book any tours unless Volcano Hotel can offer us something spectacular. I know they do tours.

Thanks!

3 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 12:31 PM
    • scubamonica's Profile Photo

where to go in July or August ?

Iceland Feb 9, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Hi. We are planning to visit Iceland in July or August for about 10 days or so and we dont have any idea where to go, and where to start.
      We enjoy dramatic scenery and take photos, rent a car and drive around. Take a rout and stop where ever is nice and beautiful.
      Any idea and advice pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee ???
      Many thanks !!

Monica

5 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 2:48 AM
    • WE NEED HELP

Iceland Feb 6, 2014 at 2:17 AM

Hi
      I'm travelling to Iceland in October and don't know if I should book my excursions before I travel or when I get there, we're wanting to go to the Blue Lagoon, whale watching, a Northern Lights trip and perhaps a geep day or glacier trip.
      There are 4 adults travelling - can you give us an idea of a good reasonably priced hotel?
      Thank you
      Louise

4 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 3:38 AM
    • 12 days begining of June 2014

Iceland Feb 4, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Need to plan the trip for me and my wife both over 65 in Iceland. We love nature.

14 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 8:09 AM
    • Tips/Advice For Visiting?

Reykjavík Feb 1, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Hi all,
      We are visiting as a family in a few weeks (17,20,23 + mum and dad)
      We are staying in Hafnarfjordur for 4 nights. We are doing the Blue Lagoon, Golden Circle and Northern Lights tours.

Does anyone know how much the bus is from Hafnarfjordur to Reykjavik?
      Random question: Is it walkers or lays crisps?

Any must visit places in Reykjavik or Hafnarfjordur?
      We are keen bird watchers and photographers so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
      Lauren

4 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 3:49 AM