Iceland Travel Answers

change location

Jokulsarlon lagoon boat trip

by billywinston Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Hi
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to do a boat trip in April. I've looked at various websites, some of which say that these boat trips don't start until May. I will be there 18th or 19th April. I've emailed 1 company but they have yet to get back to me. If the boat trips do run in April is it possible to just turn up or have I got to pre-book? I'd prefer not to pre-book so that I don't have to work to set time scales. Also would I see far more on the boat than I would just walking around the lagoon and is the boat trip worth the cost?

Thank you

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • smirnofforiginal's Profile Photo

Re: Jokulsarlon lagoon boat trip

by smirnofforiginal Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM

No. There are no boats in April.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • smirnofforiginal's Profile Photo

by smirnofforiginal Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I should add that although you wont be able to do a boat tour you will probably have the area to yourself and, even from shore you will still be close to the ice bergs. There is a little cafe/shop that is there will be open.

• jojes's Profile Photo

by jojes Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Aaarrrggghhh ... We'll be there in april too.
    Also wanted to donthe boat trip then ... Oh well, looks like it'll be a 'walking visit' then ...

• Re: Jokulsarlon lagoon boat trip

by billywinston Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM

For anyone else reading this I have since found out that there may be a boat. I asked someone who had left a review on Trip Adviser. He went on a boat trip in April 2012. He said that it wasn't the usual boat but a zodiac boat (like a small motorboat) and that the trip was worth doing.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Iceland Travel Answer Locations