Iceland Travel Answers

change location

Looking for 2-3 ppl to share Iceland Photo Tour - Glacier Lagoon & Northern Lights March 22-23

by SherBearCO Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Hello,

My boyfriend and I will be doing a photo tour with a photographer that is willing to lend photography tips/guidance and take us to places from Reykjavik along the South Coast and ultimately to Glacier Lagoon and Glacier Lagoon Beach "The Diamond Beach" then back to Reykjavik. The tour would start around 10 AM on March 22 and get back to Reykjvaik the night of March 23. We will be hunting for the Northern Lights as well, of course :-)

Price includes meals, transportation, and accommodations. You would have your own room for the group of 2-3.

Tentatively, this is our schedule: Glacier Lagoon Tour 2 days - 1 Night

Day 1
10:00 Leave from hotel
12:30 Seljalandsfoss Waterfall - Lunch
14:00 Skógarfoss Waterfall
17:00 Skaftafell National Park- Dinner
18:30 Glacier Lagoon- stay till sunset
20:30 Check in at hotel
21:30 Go out for Aurora, we will drive to the location that has the least cloud coverage.
24:00 Sleep - If the Aurora is displaying we decide when we've have had enough!

Day 2
6:30 Breakfast
7:30 Glacier lagoon, beach “The Diamond beach”
10:30 Glacier Lagoon
12:30 Lunch
13:00 Svínafellsjökull - Glacier
16:00 Reynisfjara Black beach
17:00 Dyrhólaey
18:00 Leave for Reykjavik
20:30 Arrive at Hotel in Reykjavik

Cost would be $650-750 per person depending on number of people. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we are hoping to share the photo tour with 2 or 3 more people. Max allowed in group is 5 people. You can contact me at sherbearcl@yahoo.com or reply here if interested.

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for 2-3 ppl to share Iceland Photo Tour - Glacier Lagoon & Northern Lights March 22-23

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 5:15 PM

That is very expensive for what you are doing. I've done all of those sites (camera in hand); they are right off the Ring Road.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Looking for 2-3 ppl to share Iceland Photo Tour - Glacier Lagoon & Northern Lights March 22-23

by SherBearCO Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Hi. It is more for the guidance and tips for us novice photographers :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for 2-3 ppl to share Iceland Photo Tour - Glacier Lagoon & Northern Lights March 22-23

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Hi and welcome to VT......d:o)

I doubt that you can find folks here to join you. For one thing, - would you commit to such a thing with a stranger on the internet, without knowing anything about them? A very minimum would be a developement of a Home Page with who/what/where/when of who you are, - although it is not necessary to reveal personal identification information. Look at our pages, and you can see that, it is far more likely that someone might consider such a commitment if one knows a bit about who they are committing to.

That said, - as Grumpy above said, it's too much money for what you get, and if the added monies are payment for photo tips........most folks here do not need such help, so not likely anyone will accept, - but it is not completely impossible.

Have you tried some of the buddy websites, that specialize in matching travellers, like Travelbuddy? Check it out, might work out.

top20sites.com/Top-Travel-Bu...

Possible but not likely that you see the northern lights much in March. Frankly if I was visiting my country, - February/March would be THE months I would not go there. It is the least friendly time weatherwise in Iceland. Best time is June through September. Of course I get that many folks don't have much choice on travel dates, but if you do, - change the dates.

Still Iceland is like no other place on Earth, so you will enjoy it, even if Mother Nature is in a bad mood.

Good luck and enjoy my country.........d:o)

• Re: Looking for 2-3 ppl to share Iceland Photo Tour - Glacier Lagoon & Northern Lights March 22-23

by SherBearCO Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Hi Odinnthor. I understand where you are coming from and just created an account today since it's such short notice before my trip. I have seen others posting on other sites looking for private tour sharing to keep costs down so I thought I'd give it a go. I appreciate you recommending the buddy site and I will take a look.

I have been reading about the Northern Lights through March but I realize that any time is a gamble. I am going into the trip expecting to see a lot of great scenery with a personal guide and it will be a huge bonus to see the Aurora Borealis :-)

by SherBearCO Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Hi Odinnthor. I understand where you are coming from and just created an account today since it's such short notice before my trip. I have seen others posting on other sites looking for private tour sharing to keep costs down so I thought I'd give it a go. I appreciate you recommending the buddy site and I will take a look.

I have been reading about the Northern Lights through March but I realize that any time is a gamble. I am going into the trip expecting to see a lot of great scenery with a personal guide and it will be a huge bonus to see the Aurora Borealis :-)

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Very cool! Let me know if you need any additional information. As a matter of fact, here is a link to a prior thread here in the Iceland forum, where I gave a multi-tiered response about Iceland full of links for review. Take a look at it and see if there is anything you can use. (you can click on my photo to find out who I am.......d:o)

forum.virtualtourist.com/Rey...

Again, welcome to VT, and enjoy my birthplace........d:o)

1 member found this helpful

• GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 5:44 AM

I think it is very important that you identify yourselves as novices as this helps other photographers with deciding whether or not they would be interested in taking this trip. Novices have a totally different set of expectations than experienced photographers.

I've been at workshops where we had a mix of both experienced photographers and novices, and the result was not a happy one for either group. The experienced photographers felt that the novices slowed things down too much and took up too much of the workshop leader's time. The novices found that the pace was way too fast and things were going over their heads.

2 members found this helpful

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Excellent point compadre..........d:o)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Iceland Travel Answer Locations