Iceland Travel Answers

change location
ma3333's Profile Photo

Snowmobile & Whale watching

by ma3333 Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM

We are planning a 15 days trip around Iceland this July. Could you recommend the best Glacier for snowmobile tour? Also where is the best spot to take a boat for Whale watching? Thanks,

Meir.
Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • smirnofforiginal's Profile Photo

Re: Snowmobile & Whale watching

by smirnofforiginal Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 5:34 AM

Husavik in the north of Iceland is good for whale watching (and seeing puffins too). North Sailing is the company. You can visit their website: http://www.northsailing.is/home/ you will be able to look at the calendar listing - each date lists every whale spotting. Your tickets will be valid until you see whales. i.e. you can keep going out in their boats on the same tickets until you see whales - that is how confident they are in the fact that youy will see them... the lists are pretty impressive too. Sadly, I went in April which was very early and sailed on about the 2nd day of the seaon and was not successful... 2 days later (after I had moved on) blue whales were spotted!!! However, July is whale season so... :-) hope this helps.

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MegMoli's Profile Photo

Re: Snowmobile & Whale watching

by MegMoli Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Húsavík is definetly the town to go whale watching. There is also Gentle Giant who offers tours.

There are 2 companies that are operating from Reykjanes peninsula (south west), this is really convinient on your way from or back to the airport!

For snowmobile, I would recommand mountaineers, mountain guides or eskimos

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Re: Snowmobile & Whale watching

by hilmarjowan Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Hi..
    I guess for snowmobile tour, its best to take golden circle tour from whatson.is/tours/pearl-tour-... since their golden circle tour includes

Snowmobile Tour-
    - Þingvellir National Park
    - Geysir hot spring area
    - Gullfoss waterfall (“the Golden waterfall”)
    - One hour snowmobiling tour at/near Langjökull area.

Whale Watching Tour-
    You can start your whale watching tour at Reykjavik´s old harbour located right in the city centre. One of the tour company provides two type of whale watching adventures. You will enjoy watching minke, humpback whales, harbour porpoises and white-beaked dolphins.

For more detail you may look here
    whatson.is/tours/whale-watch...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Iceland Travel Answer Locations